2021-2022 UNC, Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry to all the OOS homies šŸ˜„ When will IS people get news?!

Members don't see this ad.

For people who have already interviewed, was the link for the Sunday orientation posted on Attendify on the day of the orientation or was it sent out earlier? I am logged into Attendify but canā€™t seem to figure out how I would access the orientation tomorrow. thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who have already interviewed, was the link for the Sunday orientation posted on Attendify on the day of the orientation or was it sent out earlier? I am logged into Attendify but canā€™t seem to figure out how I would access the orientation tomorrow. thanks!
For me, I gained access to the zoom link/information for orientation early Sunday morning. Up until that point it said I had no access whenever I tried to log in using the link in the interview reminder email.

For me, I gained access to the zoom link/information for orientation early Sunday morning. Up until that point it said I had no access whenever I tried to log in using the link in the interview reminder email.
thank you!

OOS, been complete since early August but haven't heard anything. The portal still says "Awaiting Decision" and there seem to have been a couple of R waves including OOS applicants who were complete around a similar time as me. Do they accept update letters or should I just quietly wait for the axe?

A tab appears on the left-hand side that you'll click on and it'll give you the option to join the zoom meeting.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS, been complete since early August but haven't heard anything. The portal still says "Awaiting Decision" and there seem to have been a couple of R waves including OOS applicants who were complete around a similar time as me. Do they accept update letters or should I just quietly wait for the axe?

Same boat as you, OOS holding my breath. On the portal it advises that they do not accept pre-II updates.

Wondering if folks who interviewed will hear smth tomorrowā€¦ ahhhhhh so anxious but manifesting As for us all ā™„ļø

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Wondering if folks who interviewed will hear smth tomorrowā€¦ ahhhhhh so anxious but manifesting As for us all ā™„ļø
Same. Interviewed 11/5 and was wondering the same thing. Do they normally release acceptances on Tuesdays?

Sending positive vibes for all of us šŸ™ŒšŸ™Œ

Same. Interviewed 11/5 and was wondering the same thing. Do they normally release acceptances on Tuesdays?

Sending positive vibes for all of us šŸ™ŒšŸ™Œ
My friend who applied last cycle told me the adcom would meet on Mondays so they normally released on Tuesdays!! Thereā€™s def a bit of rumor to all this tho so I would take with a grain of salt šŸ˜Š

Members don't see this ad :)
Why are y'all expecting something today?
Apparently because acceptances tend to be released on Tuesday. Iā€™m not expecting anything today. I think theyā€™ll start sending acceptances around mid December to January but this is just speculation.

Do they accept post interview letters of intent or updates?

ā€¦guys my portal just changed to decided.

I'm gonna think good thoughts for you. I'd watch your phone for what I suspect will be very welcome news :)

I got a phone call from my interviewer in the afternoon and my portal later changed to decided (I was accepted).

Reactions: 2 users
I'm gonna think good thoughts for you. I'd watch your phone for what I suspect will be very welcome news :)

I got a phone call from my interviewer in the afternoon and my portal later changed to decided (I was accepted).

Do you mind sharing your interview date?

Thank You

Anyone else complete in September with radio silence?

Reactions: 1 users
Just received the call and got the A!!!!

Interviewed on 11/1

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats!! Did your portal change to ā€œDecidedā€?
Yep, it changed over to "Decided." I checked it earlier in the day and it said, "Awaiting Decision," so it seems like the change is pretty immediate after the call at least from my experience

my portal also changed to decided earlier 2day but haven't gotten a call or email yet... interviewed in october, so good news I hope? sweating brb

Congrats to the people who got accepted! Are you first time applicants or reapps?

I got the call! I got the A today guys!!! I am so thrilledšŸ˜­šŸ˜„ I had lower stats but a lot of great clinical experience. So glad they were willing to look at my growth, experiences, and just me as a person rather than the stats!!

I interviewed 11/5

For those of you in the waiting game, hang in there! You can do it!

Reactions: 2 users
I got the call! I got the A today guys!!! I am so thrilledšŸ˜­šŸ˜„ I had lower stats but a lot of great clinical experience. So glad they were willing to look at my growth, experiences, and just me as a person rather than the stats!!

I interviewed 11/5

For those of you in the waiting game, hang in there! You can do it!
Congratulations! I interviewed the same day as well so kinda nervous lol. What time did you get the call?

Accepted with a call from my interviewer. Interviewed 10/15.

IS, Reapplicant, LM 80, third gap year. So glad to be able to move on after 2 brutal cycles.

My advice: be yourself during your gap year, personal statement, and interview. My interviews went so differently this time because I spent 2 years growing as a person and getting out of my comfort zone.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations! I interviewed the same day as well so kinda nervous lol. What time did you get the call?
Thank you!! I got the call around 4:30 pm. I was at work haha but thankfully I wasn't too busy so I could step away for a second to take the call!!

Good luck with your application season!

Congrats to the people who got accepted! Are you first time applicants or reapps?
I was a reapplicant! I didnt get an interview last year I think because I hadnt finished my post-bacc yet (UNC requires at least 32 hrs of post bacc completed before they will review your app...)
IS, LM 62, lots of clinical experience!

Interviewed 11/8 and got the A yesterday!!! Interviewer told me the committee met to make decisions on Monday and then he called the next afternoon

Reactions: 3 users
did any OOS applicants who interviewed in Nov receive an acceptance yesterday?

Interviewed mid-September and my Portal changed to decided & I missed a call yesterday with no voicemail message. Did those with As get an email or anything?

Interviewed in October. Portal status changed to "Decided" yesterday. I emailed them this morning and haven't heard anything :(

My acceptance was through a call. My portal changed to decided. No email so far.

Complete 7/31/2021 and haven't heard anything yet. Is this just a soft R or do you think they haven't reviewed my file yet? I'm not too hopeful, but I'd like to hear back. From what I understand, they send rejections in waves, and don't wait until the end of the cycle to do it--is that correct?