You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 UNC, Chapel Hill
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
OOS R yesterday like everyone else!
For people who have already interviewed, was the link for the Sunday orientation posted on Attendify on the day of the orientation or was it sent out earlier? I am logged into Attendify but can’t seem to figure out how I would access the orientation tomorrow. thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
purple_hydrangea
Full Member
For me, I gained access to the zoom link/information for orientation early Sunday morning. Up until that point it said I had no access whenever I tried to log in using the link in the interview reminder email.For people who have already interviewed, was the link for the Sunday orientation posted on Attendify on the day of the orientation or was it sent out earlier? I am logged into Attendify but can’t seem to figure out how I would access the orientation tomorrow. thanks!
thank you!For me, I gained access to the zoom link/information for orientation early Sunday morning. Up until that point it said I had no access whenever I tried to log in using the link in the interview reminder email.
fafobasquiat
Full Member
OOS, been complete since early August but haven't heard anything. The portal still says "Awaiting Decision" and there seem to have been a couple of R waves including OOS applicants who were complete around a similar time as me. Do they accept update letters or should I just quietly wait for the axe?
A tab appears on the left-hand side that you'll click on and it'll give you the option to join the zoom meeting.For people who have already interviewed, was the link for the Sunday orientation posted on Attendify on the day of the orientation or was it sent out earlier? I am logged into Attendify but can’t seem to figure out how I would access the orientation tomorrow. thanks!
gregtheaccountant
New Member
OOS, been complete since early August but haven't heard anything. The portal still says "Awaiting Decision" and there seem to have been a couple of R waves including OOS applicants who were complete around a similar time as me. Do they accept update letters or should I just quietly wait for the axe?
Same boat as you, OOS holding my breath. On the portal it advises that they do not accept pre-II updates.
Wondering if folks who interviewed will hear smth tomorrow… ahhhhhh so anxious but manifesting As for us all ♥️
Same. Interviewed 11/5 and was wondering the same thing. Do they normally release acceptances on Tuesdays?Wondering if folks who interviewed will hear smth tomorrow… ahhhhhh so anxious but manifesting As for us all ♥️
Sending positive vibes for all of us 🙌🙌
My friend who applied last cycle told me the adcom would meet on Mondays so they normally released on Tuesdays!! There’s def a bit of rumor to all this tho so I would take with a grain of salt 😊Same. Interviewed 11/5 and was wondering the same thing. Do they normally release acceptances on Tuesdays?
Sending positive vibes for all of us 🙌🙌
frayedreams
Full Member
... has anyone heard anything today?
nope😭 getting antsy... has anyone heard anything today?
last year it looked like all the people who posted got called in the morning so idk😭
friendlygiant
Full Member
Why are y'all expecting something today?
Apparently because acceptances tend to be released on Tuesday. I’m not expecting anything today. I think they’ll start sending acceptances around mid December to January but this is just speculation.Why are y'all expecting something today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
they sent out acceptances this week and next last year so if they’re sticking to previous timelines then some people may find out today🤷🏾♀️ all speculationWhy are y'all expecting something today?
no they dont 🙁Do they accept post interview letters of intent or updates?
…guys my portal just changed to decided.
Have you interviewed yet?…guys my portal just changed to decided.
Yup interviewed 10/8Have you interviewed yet?
…guys my portal just changed to decided.
I'm gonna think good thoughts for you. I'd watch your phone for what I suspect will be very welcome news 🙂
I got a phone call from my interviewer in the afternoon and my portal later changed to decided (I was accepted).
congrats!!!Yup interviewed 10/8
I'm gonna think good thoughts for you. I'd watch your phone for what I suspect will be very welcome news 🙂
I got a phone call from my interviewer in the afternoon and my portal later changed to decided (I was accepted).
Do you mind sharing your interview date?
Thank You
Now everyone will be refreshing their portals every second lol…guys my portal just changed to decided.
Just received the call and got the A!!!!
Interviewed on 11/1
Interviewed on 11/1
Congrats!! Did your portal change to “Decided”?Just received the call and got the A!!!!
Interviewed on 11/1
Just received the call and got the A!!!!
Interviewed on 11/1
Congratulations! 😉
Yep, it changed over to "Decided." I checked it earlier in the day and it said, "Awaiting Decision," so it seems like the change is pretty immediate after the call at least from my experienceCongrats!! Did your portal change to “Decided”?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
frayedreams
Full Member
my portal also changed to decided earlier 2day but haven't gotten a call or email yet... interviewed in october, so good news I hope? sweating brb
my portal also changed to decided earlier 2day but haven't gotten a call or email yet... interviewed in october, so good news I hope? sweating brb
Sending you the best vibes 🙂
I got the call! I got the A today guys!!! I am so thrilled😭😄 I had lower stats but a lot of great clinical experience. So glad they were willing to look at my growth, experiences, and just me as a person rather than the stats!!
I interviewed 11/5
For those of you in the waiting game, hang in there! You can do it!
I interviewed 11/5
For those of you in the waiting game, hang in there! You can do it!
Congratulations! I interviewed the same day as well so kinda nervous lol. What time did you get the call?I got the call! I got the A today guys!!! I am so thrilled😭😄 I had lower stats but a lot of great clinical experience. So glad they were willing to look at my growth, experiences, and just me as a person rather than the stats!!
I interviewed 11/5
For those of you in the waiting game, hang in there! You can do it!
friendlygiant
Full Member
Accepted with a call from my interviewer. Interviewed 10/15.
IS, Reapplicant, LM 80, third gap year. So glad to be able to move on after 2 brutal cycles.
My advice: be yourself during your gap year, personal statement, and interview. My interviews went so differently this time because I spent 2 years growing as a person and getting out of my comfort zone.
IS, Reapplicant, LM 80, third gap year. So glad to be able to move on after 2 brutal cycles.
My advice: be yourself during your gap year, personal statement, and interview. My interviews went so differently this time because I spent 2 years growing as a person and getting out of my comfort zone.
Thank you!! I got the call around 4:30 pm. I was at work haha but thankfully I wasn't too busy so I could step away for a second to take the call!!Congratulations! I interviewed the same day as well so kinda nervous lol. What time did you get the call?
Good luck with your application season!
I was a reapplicant! I didnt get an interview last year I think because I hadnt finished my post-bacc yet (UNC requires at least 32 hrs of post bacc completed before they will review your app...)Congrats to the people who got accepted! Are you first time applicants or reapps?
IS, LM 62, lots of clinical experience!
Definitely.Does anyone else feel alarmed by UNCs lack of transparency in this process?
williswift
New Member
Interviewed 11/8 and got the A yesterday!!! Interviewer told me the committee met to make decisions on Monday and then he called the next afternoon
Dr SheWolf
Full Member
Frustrated, yes! I interviewed the very first session in September- nothing!Does anyone else feel alarmed by UNCs lack of transparency in this process?
Drinking-coffeeeeee
Full Member
Interviewed mid-September and my Portal changed to decided & I missed a call yesterday with no voicemail message. Did those with As get an email or anything?
neuroTIC_so
New Member
I'd like to know this as well.did any OOS applicants who interviewed in Nov receive an acceptance yesterday?
Did anybody from 11/12 hear back
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuremedstudent32
Full Member
Doesn't that mean you prob got in? If you've interviewed alreadyInterviewed in October. Portal status changed to "Decided" yesterday. I emailed them this morning and haven't heard anything 🙁
friendlygiant
Full Member
My acceptance was through a call. My portal changed to decided. No email so far.
Not yetDid anybody from 11/12 hear back
greenteaapple
Full Member
Complete 7/31/2021 and haven't heard anything yet. Is this just a soft R or do you think they haven't reviewed my file yet? I'm not too hopeful, but I'd like to hear back. From what I understand, they send rejections in waves, and don't wait until the end of the cycle to do it--is that correct?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 910
- Views
- 247K