2021-2022 Tennessee

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please feel free to tag a pre-medical moderator when the secondary prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a confirmation today, and submitted three days ago

Reactions: 1 user
IS. Secondary received last week. I believe ALL AMCAS applicants that are complete get a secondary now.

What are we expected to write about in the 1st question of the secondary: "Any additional information not previously provided in the personal comments of your AMCAS primary application. Please limit your response to 500 characters." ?

What are we expected to write about in the 1st question of the secondary: "Any additional information not previously provided in the personal comments of your AMCAS primary application. Please limit your response to 500 characters." ?
Use that space to expand on anything about your application that needs more explanation -- such as COVID related roadblocks, gaps in academic history, etc. Depending on the content of your personal statement, this can be a chance to say something you might not have had room for, or to argue "Why U of Tennessee?" or "Why me for U of Tennessee?".

Members don't see this ad :)
IS secondary received last week. Heads up to anyway waiting, they have a one week turn around. It's not too much to fill out though.

How long for you guys to get a secondary. Verified yesterday but haven’t got one. IS btw.

I’m guessing that haven’t sent out II yet.

I wonder if Christopher Duntsch was an SDN-er and posted on this page in the early 2000.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Any idea on when they are gonna send IIs? Let’s get this ish rolling.

Got an update email: “We will begin inviting candidates for interviews at the end of this week. Interviews will be conducted virtually throughout the entire admissions cycle (late October 2021 - March 2022).”

fingers crossed!!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I rushed to check if I forgot to send my secondary 😂

Hope I wasn’t the only one to panic😂

I wonder why it’s talking about completing the secondary when they sent those out back in July?

Based on acceptance rates for IS applicants it seems that if you have an MCAT above like a 510 and a GPA of 3.7+ then you have a pretty good chance, no? They accept 30% of IS applicants and interview around 50%.

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone just receive an email about secondary receipt?

Looks like everyone got that email by mistake - may have been an admin error. Anyone try to contact UT?

So interview invites not going out starting later this week?
Now I am super confused. It was a mistake??? if they are giving the interviews in late October they should be giving out the first batch of ii's really soon.... Right???

Now I am super confused. It was a mistake??? if they are giving the interviews in late October they should be giving out the first batch of ii's really soon.... Right???
Don’t think so. Only one person said it was a mistake but that doesn’t make since because they specifically said they’d send IIs at the end of the week.

anyone receive an II yet? per the "end of week" in the Tuesday email

Any II?

I am not sure if there is any specific time that these types of emails are sent out..I am just casually sweating :)

Still nothing? Seems weird that they said they’d send out II’s by the end of the week last week then nothing lol

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Still nothing? Seems weird that they said they’d send out II’s by the end of the week last week then nothing lol
It must have been a mistake, but I think they should be sending stuff out in the next week or so

The silence has been killing me, y'all. My eye has been twitching since 9/28.

• Haha