2021-2022 University of Washington

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Spokane WL today

Members don't see this ad.

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
do they tell you what rank you are? or do they just say that you're waitlisted
I was told last year that the waitlist is not ranked. Rather, the admissions team tries to fill the spot with a student similar to the one who declined the offer. For example, if there was a female student that was really interested in rural practice, they would look for someone on the waitlist with a similar application.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was told last year that the waitlist is not ranked. Rather, the admissions team tries to fill the spot with a student similar to the one who declined the offer. For example, if there was a female student that was really interested in rural practice, they would look for someone on the waitlist with a similar application.
so is this different than the Seattle waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Wyoming acceptance call this afternoon!

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know if the Seattle interviews are finished? And is the end of February the next time we will be hearing back with decisions??

I was told in my interview in early Jan that there was an EXCOM meeting in “the beginning of February.” I think there’s some more Interviews to go too so I think there will maybe be 2 or so more rounds of acceptances? One hopefully soon lol and then one in late feb/early March for the rest of the interviewers and SUC ppl !

I was told in my interview in early Jan that there was an EXCOM meeting in “the beginning of February.” I think there’s some more Interviews to go too so I think there will maybe be 2 or so more rounds of acceptances? One hopefully soon lol and then one in late feb/early March for the rest of the interviewers and SUC ppl !
On the website it now says that the final EXCOM meeting is in the end of February, I wonder if this means that they added another meeting or moved the early Feb one to then! If they did in fact just move it then I don't think we'll get final decisions until like early March.

I think the last Seattle/OOR interviews are happening this week since it was my only option for signing up. Did anyone else interview this week and know if there's any chance we hear back this week or will we have to wait until later this month for the final excom meeting?

I think the last Seattle/OOR interviews are happening this week since it was my only option for signing up. Did anyone else interview this week and know if there's any chance we hear back this week or will we have to wait until later this month for the final excom meeting?
I reckon it will be after the final EXCOM meeting since I feel like they wouldn't meet twice two weeks apart but it's all speculation

Members don't see this ad :)
I reckon it will be after the final EXCOM meeting since I feel like they wouldn't meet twice two weeks apart but it's all speculation
True!! I was thinking they may meet since Alaska IIs are this week but idk if they’ll discuss any other cohort

Would any of the Idaho accepted students be interested in joining a facebook group? I know nothing is set in stone yet for a lot of people's decisions, but I'd love to start connecting with potential future classmates! DM me and I'll make one if anybody is interested!

Reactions: 2 users
Would any of the Idaho accepted students be interested in joining a facebook group? I know nothing is set in stone yet for a lot of people's decisions, but I'd love to start connecting with potential future classmates! DM me and I'll make one if anybody is interested!
For the Idaho cohort the group is UWSOM E2022: Idaho Cohort

Same here, interviewed 2/8 and would love to know if any OOR/Seattle applicants have been A or still waiting?

Same here, interviewed 2/8 and would love to know if any OOR/Seattle applicants have been A or still waiting?
Still waiting here. Wild guess based off of last year but I think we’ll all find out this coming week for Seattle

Anything from Seattle/OOR that interviewed 2/8?
2/7 and nothing yet. In my post-interview email they said we'd hear back in "the next couple of weeks" so I guess it's just speculation that it's this week, could be next week too!

It does seem odd that they haven't posted the new statistics for E21. I am really curious about them - I heard anecdotally that they accepted far fewer people off of the waitlist last year due to COVID and the large number of deferred admissions from E20. Hoping that doesn't carry over to this year.
They got to 50+ on the wait list last year. I'm an E21 and I know someone who was 51 and was finally accepted in late june last year.

Edited to add that this is for the Seattle cohort

Reactions: 5 users
They got to 50+ on the wait list last year. I'm an E21 and I know someone who was 51 and was finally accepted in late june last year.

Edited to add that this is for the Seattle cohort
Do you know if there is any crossover between the Seattle and Spokane cohorts? I would assume that there is not, but given that most everyone applying to either is a Washington resident it seems a little counterintuitive to partition them.

Do you know if there is any crossover between the Seattle and Spokane cohorts? I would assume that there is not, but given that most everyone applying to either is a Washington resident it seems a little counterintuitive to partition them.
The secondary application says once you interview for a campus, you cannot change your preference so there should not be crossover.

Not for waitlists. Each site has its own. And the Seattle waitlist will be both IS and OOR applicants combined.

My understanding is that they do sometimes offer people spots at the campus they didn't apply to in Washington, if they have a candidate they really like but run out of slots at say the Seattle site...they might offer Spokane. But I have not actually heard of that happening. Maybe it's less common now that the number of applicants for Spokane is rising 🤷‍♀️

Join this Facebook group for the UWSOM Spokane Cohort E-2022!
LMK if there is already a group!

Any good news today? Last year a lot of Seattle people heard back today

Got the Call yesterday and today (missed them both lol)!!! Seattle Campus Acceptance (Non-trust), interviewed Jan 21st, reapplicant. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back.

Reactions: 7 users
Long time lurker but first time poster. Also got an acceptance call today for Seattle cohort. Sounded like they just finished meeting for 2 days on Thursday night making all the final admissions decisions. Have not gotten any official acceptance email yet, so I'm guessing they might not come out until the next business day on Tuesday? Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Reactions: 4 users
for those who haven't been accepted yet- are there any changes in the portal for yall?

Long time lurker but first time poster. Also got an acceptance call today for Seattle cohort. Sounded like they just finished meeting for 2 days on Thursday night making all the final admissions decisions. Have not gotten any official acceptance email yet, so I'm guessing they might not come out until the next business day on Tuesday? Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Congrats! May I ask - are you OOR?

Got the Call yesterday and today (missed them both lol)!!! Seattle Campus Acceptance (Non-trust), interviewed Jan 21st, reapplicant. Good luck to all those still waiting to hear back.
Congrats! May I ask - are you OOR?

When did you interview?