2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone complete after 7/21 have their status change from "a member of the committee"?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone complete after 7/21 have their status change from "a member of the committee"?
If it makes you feel better I was complete 7/19 and my status still has not changed from that either.

Reactions: 2 users
I was complete 7.9.21 and still on committee status. IS, ORM, strong ties to university, LM74

My file review is complete, but I have not heard back about an II or anything else. Is this a bad sign?

My file review is complete, but I have not heard back about an II or anything else. Is this a bad sign?
did you get an email stating your file review was complete? Im still on MD file complete...rip

Does anyone have this glitch that when they login to their secondary portal, the secondary first appears (with all your responses, and secondary questions) as if you haven't submitted it? But then when I go to the home page it displays the "member of committee" message. Lowkey panicking that my secondary wasn't submitted. Is this gitch normal??

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have this glitch that when they login to their secondary portal, the secondary first appears (with all your responses, and secondary questions) as if you haven't submitted it? But then when I go to the home page it displays the "member of committee" message. Lowkey panicking that my secondary wasn't submitted. Is this gitch normal??
I get that sometimes

check your URL, that happens to me when the link autofills and has /application at the end

Hello all. Is there anyone here that can PM me about the fmSTAT interview and program? I am looking to get additional information about it if anyone on here is a student in the program.

Last edited:
any one else get an email from admissions saying that their system glitched and they never received any of the essays or is it just me :cryi:

i was all the way at admission committee review and they had me resubmit. back to square one :"(

Members don't see this ad :)
any one else get an email from admissions saying that their system glitched and they never received any of the essays or is it just me :cryi:

i was all the way at admission committee review and they had me resubmit. back to square one :"(
I did not. That is strange

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users

Oh man, I remember we both had that glitch when submitting earlier on. I thought they had confirmed via email that they received your secondary?

Oh man, I remember we both had that glitch when submitting earlier on. I thought they had confirmed via email that they received your secondary?
yeah they emailed me confirming that they received my info the day after I sent it in (7/6), but I guess they didn't check to see if the essays were in?

wack.

Is it just me, or do all of your essays in the "printable application" also have their spaces removed between paragraphs? To me, it just looks like 1 big blob. Anybody else?

Is it just me, or do all of your essays in the "printable application" also have their spaces removed between paragraphs? To me, it just looks like 1 big blob. Anybody else?
I don't even have a printable application section lol

LOOL it's on the step 9 section of the secondary. maybe see if it's there?
ah, maybe its cause I already submitted? This is all I see:
test.png

Yeh, i don't think there was anyway you could fix the paragraphs. Oh well Lol

PSA to applicants who haven't received a secondary after adding it to their application:

So I added VCU to my application about 3 weeks ago and never heard back. I was curious if there was an error in their system so I went to the VCU applicant portal and was able to log in using my AMCAS ID and birthdate. When I got into the applicant portal it says that I have 60 days to complete the file from the "date and time of this notice to complete your file." At the bottom of that page, it has a due date which is 60 days from the day after I added it to my application (roughly 40 days from today). So apparently their system has me marked as having been sent the secondary, but I *definitely* did not (I have been obsessive in checking spam and such). Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, but if it does, you know what to do now!

PSA to applicants who haven't received a secondary after adding it to their application:

So I added VCU to my application about 3 weeks ago and never heard back. I was curious if there was an error in their system so I went to the VCU applicant portal and was able to log in using my AMCAS ID and birthdate. When I got into the applicant portal it says that I have 60 days to complete the file from the "date and time of this notice to complete your file." At the bottom of that page, it has a due date which is 60 days from the day after I added it to my application (roughly 40 days from today). So apparently their system has me marked as having been sent the secondary, but I *definitely* did not (I have been obsessive in checking spam and such). Hope this doesn't happen to anyone else, but if it does, you know what to do now!
Actually, funnily enough, but even though I have a med-school application-only email address, VCU's secondary still went to my spam. Even when I applied last cycle, all of VCU's stuff went directly to my email (not to spam) so I'm pretty sure they're having a lot of issues with technical stuff

Same thing happened to me last month. The only reason I knew that I got a secondary was bc I was checking the portal - never got anything in my inbox or spam.

Same thing happened to me last month. The only reason I knew that I got a secondary was bc I was checking the portal - never got anything in my inbox or spam.
this happened earlier in the cycle too, it seems like vcu's email communications aren't working

does anyone know what sub-committees are?

Has anyone not moved from "A member of the committee will now review your file" or something to that degree?

Reactions: 7 users
Am also interested in this
If you look on page 3/4 of the thread, the VCU process is explained. From what I understand, you go from 'complete' -> 'a member of the committee' -> 'the subcommittee' -> 'admissions committee' -> 'file complete'. They're just being transparent about what stage of review you're in.

Secondary prompts:

1) Cultural humility is defined as a "process of reflection and lifelong inquiry which involves self-awareness of personal and cultural biases, as well as, an awareness and sensitivity to significant cultural issues of others." Please provide an example of a specific time you demonstrated cultural humility with some reflection on the experience. (2000 char)

2) Please briefly explain any lapses in your undergraduate education that are not explained in your application.

3) Please briefly explain any low GPAs or poor grades.

4) If not addressed in your application, what are you currently doing now?
How many characters are allowed in the response for Questions 2-4? Including or not including spaces?

How many characters are allowed in the response for Questions 2-4? Including or not including spaces?
It's not listed on the secondary app, but if I remember correctly, somebody found through trial and error that it's somewhere between 2500-3000 characters with spaces. (Could be confusing it with a different school, they're all running together at this point...)

Has anyone done their interview at VCU yet? I would like to know how it went, if it was stressful, etc.

how long does it take until the app moves from subcommittee?

I submitted secondary July 6, was on Sub-committee review only a few days after that, then just got marked complete today

how long does it take until the app moves from subcommittee?
Just for the sake of showing it really varies, I submitted secondary on 07/06 and still have not moved to sub-committee review.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Still on member of committee will do a review since 7/14

TBH I think the interviews in September are the first interviews, so nobody really knows yet.
My interview is in a few days, so I think the first round of interviews may have already happened? Not sure though

Yup me lmao. Giving up hope at this point
I've been on a "a member of the committee since 7/19." There's no need to lose hope yet. Its not even August 15th! Let's give time to review everyone's apps. If like by November or December we don't have anything then it might be time to worry.

Reactions: 2 users
My interview is in a few days, so I think the first round of interviews may have already happened? Not sure though
Oh if that's the case, there might be some people that interviewed, but they probably don't use SDN. The only dates I was offered were in September and I got my II on August 5th.

Last edited: