You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Did you receive an email notification for it?II Just received! OOS, 3.89/513, ORM, disadvantaged/rural, complete July 12th.
D
deleted1091661
I received an email saying that there was a change in my application status and I had to check the portal. You have 7 days to schedule an interview from receiving date and they extend from August to March and use an MMI format. Email title: VCU School of Medicine Admissions : Application Status Update. Thank you!! Let me know if you guys want to know anything else. I am so happy right now it feels unreal!
Edit: Oh also they are all virtual interviews, no in person!
Congrats! Did you receive an email notification for it?
Edit: Oh also they are all virtual interviews, no in person!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What was your status at before getting the II?I received an email saying that there was a change in my application status and I had to check the portal. You have 7 days to schedule an interview from receiving date and they extend from August to March and use an MMI format. Email title: VCU School of Medicine Admissions : Application Status Update. Thank you!! Let me know if you guys want to know anything else. I am so happy right now it feels unreal!
Edit: Oh also they are all virtual interviews, no in person!
D
deleted1091661
Oh also, one last thing, I have a 1st quartile CASPER!!!
D
deleted1091661
I'm not completely sure as I can't check since new statuses overwrite old ones in the portal and there is no communication history section, but I believe I was "under review" and I got that notification on July 24th.What was your status at before getting the II?
OOS II received!!!!
when were you complete? stats? what was your status before?OOS II received!!!!
hey guys! I completed my secondary back on July 14, but it is still at the "Your supplemental application has been received..." since then. When has everyone's status changed to 'complete' or that your file is under review? thanks!
hey same here! I emailed them friday and hopefully they'll respond on Mon!hey guys! I completed my secondary back on July 14, but it is still at the "Your supplemental application has been received..." since then. When has everyone's status changed to 'complete' or that your file is under review? thanks!
D
deleted1091661
AWESOME!!! I think they just sent out a bunch today because nobody has gotten one before August 1st and it's the first day of August.OOS II received!!!!
I believe I was complete 7/10, status was “Your file is now complete…” and PM for stats 🙂when were you complete? stats? what was your status before?
D
deleted1091661
I'LL TAKE IT LMAOwow they really be updating us on SUNDAY night!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
toooblivious21
Full Member
I also received an II from VCU with a 1st quartile Ca$per 😀Oh also, one last thing, I have a 1st quartile CASPER!!!
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
congrats! did they email or was it in the portal?I also received an II from VCU with a 1st quartile Ca$per 😀
D
deleted1091661
In the portal, received an email that the portal was updated though.congrats! did they email or was it in the portal?
Status in the portal changed to: "Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates."
Given that people have already gotten an II, is this a soft R?
Given that people have already gotten an II, is this a soft R?
formula_racer
New Member
i think it just means what it says. doesn’t seem like a rejection at all imo. i think people that got interviews had this at first tooStatus in the portal changed to: "Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates."
Given that people have already gotten an II, is this a soft R?
i think it just means what it says. doesn’t seem like a rejection at all imo. i think people that got interviews had this at first too
Oh I missed that people with IIs had this status. Thanks for being nice in response to a neurotic question
a few people who had this were able to get IIs but it seems the majority of people don't get interviewsStatus in the portal changed to: "Your File Review is now complete. If you are granted an interview, you will receive a status update on your applicant portal. Please do not call the Admissions Office requesting special dates."
Given that people have already gotten an II, is this a soft R?
a few people who had this were able to get IIs but it seems the majority of people don't get interviews
Ah well. Guess I'll have to see. Thank you!
formula_racer
New Member
i submitted on 7/21 and still on “a member of the committee will do a review...” (1st status). just curious is anyone else also stuck on this for 2+ weeks?
tina_b
Full Member
Been stuck on it since 7/18. High stat ISi submitted on 7/21 and still on “a member of the committee will do a review...” (1st status). just curious is anyone else also stuck on this for 2+ weeks?
I'm still stuck on that status and I was complete on 7/9, and in-state. At this point I'm assuming this school is out.i submitted on 7/21 and still on “a member of the committee will do a review...” (1st status). just curious is anyone else also stuck on this for 2+ weeks?
tina_b
Full Member
I'm still stuck on that status and I was complete on 7/9, and in-state. At this point I'm assuming this school is out.
I think they're just really slow. Other folks in this thread have said that they hand out Rs quite freely, so I don't think that's it.
I imagine with interviews being virtual, schools are just getting inundated with even more applications.... plus they may be down admin staff.
That makes sense, I'll try to stay more positive. Hoping we both get good news soon!I think they're just really slow. Other folks in this thread have said that they hand out Rs quite freely, so I don't think that's it.
I imagine with interviews being virtual, schools are just getting inundated with even more applications.... plus they may be down admin staff.
Same. Sucks because on paper my app ticks all the boxes for what they like (IS, high stat, great service/clinical exposure, etc.) and I have connections to the school through my parents.Been stuck on it since 7/18. High stat IS
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
since 7/9. ISi submitted on 7/21 and still on “a member of the committee will do a review...” (1st status). just curious is anyone else also stuck on this for 2+ weeks?
+1since 7/9. IS
tina_b
Full Member
That makes sense, I'll try to stay more positive. Hoping we both get good news soon!
Maybe I am jus being overly optimistic, but I submitted to all of my schools around the same time and haven't seen any change status. If schools were working thru as quickly as I expected, I would fully have expected to get at least one II or R by now.... think we're just working with a different timeline across the board. I know family/friends who applied in past years said they started getting interviews in mid and late July but maybe this is just a new COVID/virtual timeline ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That said, I still check all the portals 3x a day 😵
Throwawayaccount777
Full Member
this. i think a lot of us expected that they would go back to the 2019 timeline, but it seems as though schools liked the 2020 drawn out cycle. i think this year will be a repeat of last year.Maybe I am jus being overly optimistic, but I submitted to all of my schools around the same time and haven't seen any change status. If schools were working thru as quickly as I expected, I would fully have expected to get at least one II or R by now.... think we're just working with a different timeline across the board. I know family/friends who applied in past years said they started getting interviews in mid and late July but maybe this is just a new COVID/virtual timeline ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That said, I still check all the portals 3x a day 😵
Maybe I am jus being overly optimistic, but I submitted to all of my schools around the same time and haven't seen any change status. If schools were working thru as quickly as I expected, I would fully have expected to get at least one II or R by now.... think we're just working with a different timeline across the board. I know family/friends who applied in past years said they started getting interviews in mid and late July but maybe this is just a new COVID/virtual timeline ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
That said, I still check all the portals 3x a day 😵
Yup, same here. I have three DO IIs right now and haven't heard anything from MD schools
I've been stuck on " your app is not complete" since 7/26 even though I sent everything way before that date. I called them and they gave me someone to email and that person just copied and pasted the message I have on my portal and emailed it back to me. Idk what I should do now
formula_racer
New Member
that sucks, just call them again and email back that person. i had to call for an issue as well. call and talk to them again so they can give you a definite answer.I've been stuck on " your app is not complete" since 7/26 even though I sent everything way before that date. I called them and they gave me someone to email and that person just copied and pasted the message I have on my portal and emailed it back to me. Idk what I should do now
I've been on this status since 07/06, so give it a couple months and we'll see what that means hahai submitted on 7/21 and still on “a member of the committee will do a review...” (1st status). just curious is anyone else also stuck on this for 2+ weeks?
II today! 🙂
Congrats!!II today! 🙂
Congrats!!! Now it’s time to do MMI prep 😭😭😭II today! 🙂
Is anyone status still on committee review?
Congrats!!! Now it’s time to do MMI prep 😭😭😭
Thank you!!! A little less than a month left to prep!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medicineandrunning
Full Member
I've been chilling on sub-committee review for a few weeksIs anyone status still on committee review?
I have been since july 9thIs anyone status still on committee review?
Bayern789
Full Member
sameI've been chilling on sub-committee review for a few weeks
At least they probably viewed it then. Mine is just committe.I've been chilling on sub-committee review for a few weeks
When were you complete by?II today! 🙂