You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
RelevantBeing1
Full Member
Hi guys, I am super happy because I received a II today!!! I’m so excited because VCU is my top choice!!! Eek!!! 515 mcat, 3.81, in state 🤩 so I think my theory is a little bit confirmed? IdkIs it possible that they put "file review complete" when they are going to give an interview because they want to release the sign-up spots in waves, but then with R's they don't wait for anything so you can receive an R at any point? Is there any data point that goes against this trend to disprove it, ie has anyone been rejected after being stuck on "file review complete" for a few days? From what I see on this thread, 3/3 people who had that notice received interviews but obviously that's a small sample size and I haven't looked at the thread from last year.
Could someone who interviewed in the previous year(s) comment on:
how long each MMI station was for?
Are you asked follow-up questions?
How many stations did you have in total? (It looks like there were 8 stations based on previous threads)
Do they have actor scenarios? Or did you just verbally describe what you would do in a hypothetical scenario?
how long each MMI station was for?
Are you asked follow-up questions?
How many stations did you have in total? (It looks like there were 8 stations based on previous threads)
Do they have actor scenarios? Or did you just verbally describe what you would do in a hypothetical scenario?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
NaKATPase413
ORM, CA RESIDENT, LM 76.7, WARS 79 (Readjusted)
I was completed on 7/22. I only have a second quartile Casper. 520 MCAT, 3.97, OOS, ORM.
I'm still on the "a member of the committee will do a review of your application" stage of review. Does this mean a silent R? Has anyone gotten an interview invite with a second quartile Casper?
I'm still on the "a member of the committee will do a review of your application" stage of review. Does this mean a silent R? Has anyone gotten an interview invite with a second quartile Casper?
ducked
Full Member
Hey, I had a 2nd quartile with an ii and completed everything by July 28th (casper sent out). Hope that helpsI was completed on 7/22. I only have a second quartile Casper. 520 MCAT, 3.97, OOS, ORM.
I'm still on the "a member of the committee will do a review of your application" stage of review. Does this mean a silent R? Has anyone gotten an interview invite with a second quartile Casper?
+1; I have had that status since 7/17. Hopefully, we will hear something from the school in the coming weeks -- fingers crossed.Anyone that has been on "a member of the sub-commitee will do a review....", how long have you been on that? For those that got an II or R, how long were you on that message before you got "file review is complete" or any other decision?
okay im kinda late to the game but how do i access this secondary, i got a portal invite awhile back but nothing mentioning a secondary specifically 0.0
D
deleted1101558
go to the portal and use "forgot pin" to make a password. you can access the secondary after you loginokay im kinda late to the game but how do i access this secondary, i got a portal invite awhile back but nothing mentioning a secondary specifically 0.0
For those who have already interviewed, is your portal message still on "Your interview is now complete! The Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile in the portal."
D
deleted1091661
Interviewed yesterday (08/26) - if anyone else interviewed on that day (or if anyone else wants to for whatever reason) you should HMU and we can make a group chat!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1091661
I interviewed yesterday, and it is still:For those who have already interviewed, is your portal message still on "Your interview is now complete! The Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile in the portal."
You have an afternoon interview scheduled for 8/26/2021.
Congratulations on your interview invitation. Please read this email in its entirety for important facts about your interview day.
On hold for possible acceptance!!!!!!!
JungusFungus
New Member
^bump, still waiting on mine for 8/31Hey peeps, congrats on the interview and the hold for possible acceptance/WL. Just wondering, when did yall receive the zoom invitation to join the interview?
D
deleted1091661
I received mine 2 days prior to the interview. Best of luck guys, you will kill this interview 🙂Hey peeps, congrats on the interview and the hold for possible acceptance/WL. Just wondering, when did yall receive the zoom invitation to join the interview?
Thank you! And I received mine 4 days prior to my interview.Hey peeps, congrats on the interview and the hold for possible acceptance/WL. Just wondering, when did yall receive the zoom invitation to join the interview?
D
deleted1091661
Nice! I had that message for a little over a week before the hold for A/WL messageAlso, my status updated to:
Your interview is now complete! The Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile in the portal.
On hold for possible acceptance!!!!!!!
Just to clarify: every person that interviews goes in front of the executive committee 2 or 3 days later usually the Friday or Monday after. There you are voted on 1-5 by like 40 people. 1 is best. At this point, the only people rejected are people that flat out failed the interview. Which is maybe 1 person or something like that if that per interview day.Lol dang people are really out here getting acceptances already. I haven’t even gotten an interview yet.
my point is: the vast majority of applicants get on hold for A / WL. All this means is that you didn’t fail the interview it gives no actual indication on your chances for acceptance.
Ah okay. So I have to calm down 😂Just to clarify: every person that interviews goes in front of the executive committee 2 or 3 days later usually the Friday or Monday after. There you are voted on 1-5 by like 40 people. 1 is best. At this point, the only people rejected are people that flat out failed the interview. Which is maybe 1 person or something like that if that per interview day.
my point is: the vast majority of applicants get on hold for A / WL. All this means is that you didn’t fail the interview it gives no actual indication on your chances for acceptance.
Thank you for the information!Just to clarify: every person that interviews goes in front of the executive committee 2 or 3 days later usually the Friday or Monday after. There you are voted on 1-5 by like 40 people. 1 is best. At this point, the only people rejected are people that flat out failed the interview. Which is maybe 1 person or something like that if that per interview day.
my point is: the vast majority of applicants get on hold for A / WL. All this means is that you didn’t fail the interview it gives no actual indication on your chances for acceptance.
Be proud of your accomplishment of interviewing so early. I’m not telling you to calm down, just putting things in perspective for everyone and trying to explain how it works.Ah okay. So I have to calm down 😂
HatefulGrape
Full Member
Also waiting on the link for 8/31!^bump, still waiting on mine for 8/31
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wait I thought it was committee -> sub-committee. Did I miss the switch for mine? I’ve been in committee for a whileWent from sub-committee > committee review sometime today, no email.
I think it goes member of committee-> sub-committee-> admissions committee. I might be wrong though.Wait I thought it was committee -> sub-committee. Did I miss the switch for mine? I’ve been in committee for a while
The order really doesn’t matter. It’s not indicative of receiving a II or not.Wait I thought it was committee -> sub-committee. Did I miss the switch for mine? I’ve been in committee for a while
tina_b
Full Member
That’s what I meant, sorry- edited original for clarity.Wait I thought it was committee -> sub-committee. Did I miss the switch for mine? I’ve been in committee for a while
For people interviewing on Thursday, have you gotten the Zoom info yet?
Wow, good luck. Hopefully you will get the link soon!I'm waiting on a Zoom link for tomorrow's interview
Just got it! I feel better now.Wow, good luck. Hopefully you will get the link soon!
Went from committee member --> Sub-committee yesterday. Submitted on July 10th. Hopefully, that eases some anxiety for some people!
That gives me some hope, lol!Went from committee member --> Sub-committee yesterday. Submitted on July 10th. Hopefully, that eases some anxiety for some people!
I submitted 7/13. I hope my time is coming.Went from committee member --> Sub-committee yesterday. Submitted on July 10th. Hopefully, that eases some anxiety for some people!
I finished my secondary application ~8/7 (paid fee, sent casper, and letters should be processed). But today I received an email from VCU reminding me that my application is not complete. The portal also says it is "received" but not "complete". Has anyone encountered this problem? Might it be just the time taken to "process" the application?
I have submitted a help request but am lost why my application is not complete. (And am wondering if I completely missed something!) I'd appreciate any tips 🙂
I have submitted a help request but am lost why my application is not complete. (And am wondering if I completely missed something!) I'd appreciate any tips 🙂
I'd say just keep your eye on the portal, sometimes I feel like there's latency between the portal and email but the former stays better updated. I'm complete on the portal and it looks like this:I finished my secondary application ~8/7 (paid fee, sent casper, and letters should be processed). But today I received an email from VCU reminding me that my application is not complete. The portal also says it is "received" but not "complete". Has anyone encountered this problem? Might it be just the time taken to "process" the application?
I have submitted a help request but am lost why my application is not complete. (And am wondering if I completely missed something!) I'd appreciate any tips 🙂
APPLICATION STATUS
Your M.D. file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application. This review is done to determine your qualifications for a potential interview invitation. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE to check on your status. Your status is updated in the portal for your review at all times.
Thank you!I'd say just keep your eye on the portal, sometimes I feel like there's latency between the portal and email but the former stays better updated. I'm complete on the portal and it looks like this:
APPLICATION STATUS
Your M.D. file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application. This review is done to determine your qualifications for a potential interview invitation. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE to check on your status. Your status is updated in the portal for your review at all times.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
purplepremed1002
Full Member
Just got my first II!! ORM and IS. Complete on 7/19. Moved to sub-committee on 8/16.
Congrats!!!Just got my first II!! ORM and IS. Complete on 7/19. Moved to sub-committee on 8/16.
Scooter817
Full Member
R just now. Never even got a update that I was under review. Best of luck everyone!
Were you ever updated about your file being under review?Just got my first II!! ORM and IS. Complete on 7/19. Moved to sub-committee on 8/16.
purplepremed1002
Full Member
I didn’t receive an email about moving to sub-committee, I just saw it change on the portal (I was checking my portal regularly then). I got an email on 8/31 telling me my status changed and on the portal I had the “file review complete” message. Then another status change email on 9/1 and the II information was on the portal. Hope that helps!!Were you ever updated about your file being under review?