2021-2022 Virginia Commonwealth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! submitted secondary on 7/6 and marked "complete" (i.e. status on portal saying my review with the admissions committee was complete) on 8/14
+1! its a good start to the week

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it possible that they put "file review complete" when they are going to give an interview because they want to release the sign-up spots in waves, but then with R's they don't wait for anything so you can receive an R at any point? Is there any data point that goes against this trend to disprove it, ie has anyone been rejected after being stuck on "file review complete" for a few days? From what I see on this thread, 3/3 people who had that notice received interviews but obviously that's a small sample size and I haven't looked at the thread from last year.
Hi guys, I am super happy because I received a II today!!! I’m so excited because VCU is my top choice!!! Eek!!! 515 mcat, 3.81, in state 🤩 so I think my theory is a little bit confirmed? Idk

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Could someone who interviewed in the previous year(s) comment on:

how long each MMI station was for?
Are you asked follow-up questions?
How many stations did you have in total? (It looks like there were 8 stations based on previous threads)
Do they have actor scenarios? Or did you just verbally describe what you would do in a hypothetical scenario?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I was completed on 7/22. I only have a second quartile Casper. 520 MCAT, 3.97, OOS, ORM.

I'm still on the "a member of the committee will do a review of your application" stage of review. Does this mean a silent R? Has anyone gotten an interview invite with a second quartile Casper?

I was completed on 7/22. I only have a second quartile Casper. 520 MCAT, 3.97, OOS, ORM.

I'm still on the "a member of the committee will do a review of your application" stage of review. Does this mean a silent R? Has anyone gotten an interview invite with a second quartile Casper?
Hey, I had a 2nd quartile with an ii and completed everything by July 28th (casper sent out). Hope that helps

Marked complete 7/19 and still on “a member of the committee”

511, 4.0, OOS, ORM.

):

Reactions: 7 users
Anyone that has been on "a member of the sub-commitee will do a review....", how long have you been on that? For those that got an II or R, how long were you on that message before you got "file review is complete" or any other decision?

II 8/24! Complete 7/20. Stats in sig.

Anyone that has been on "a member of the sub-commitee will do a review....", how long have you been on that? For those that got an II or R, how long were you on that message before you got "file review is complete" or any other decision?
+1; I have had that status since 7/17. Hopefully, we will hear something from the school in the coming weeks -- fingers crossed.

okay im kinda late to the game but how do i access this secondary, i got a portal invite awhile back but nothing mentioning a secondary specifically 0.0

okay im kinda late to the game but how do i access this secondary, i got a portal invite awhile back but nothing mentioning a secondary specifically 0.0
go to the portal and use "forgot pin" to make a password. you can access the secondary after you login

I've been on 'your file review is complete' for like a month now, not sure what to think :)

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have already interviewed, is your portal message still on "Your interview is now complete! The Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile in the portal."

Interviewed yesterday (08/26) - if anyone else interviewed on that day (or if anyone else wants to for whatever reason) you should HMU and we can make a group chat!!

For those who have already interviewed, is your portal message still on "Your interview is now complete! The Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile in the portal."
I interviewed yesterday, and it is still:

You have an afternoon interview scheduled for 8/26/2021.

Congratulations on your interview invitation. Please read this email in its entirety for important facts about your interview day.

Lol dang people are really out here getting acceptances already. I haven’t even gotten an interview yet.

Reactions: 4 users
Hey peeps, congrats on the interview and the hold for possible acceptance/WL. Just wondering, when did yall receive the zoom invitation to join the interview?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hey peeps, congrats on the interview and the hold for possible acceptance/WL. Just wondering, when did yall receive the zoom invitation to join the interview?
I received mine 2 days prior to the interview. Best of luck guys, you will kill this interview :)

Thank you! And I received mine 4 days prior to my interview.

Also, my status updated to:

Your interview is now complete! The Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile in the portal.​

Also, my status updated to:

Your interview is now complete! The Committee will now do a review of your application. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile in the portal.​

Nice! I had that message for a little over a week before the hold for A/WL message

On hold for possible acceptance!!!!!!!

Lol dang people are really out here getting acceptances already. I haven’t even gotten an interview yet.
Just to clarify: every person that interviews goes in front of the executive committee 2 or 3 days later usually the Friday or Monday after. There you are voted on 1-5 by like 40 people. 1 is best. At this point, the only people rejected are people that flat out failed the interview. Which is maybe 1 person or something like that if that per interview day.

my point is: the vast majority of applicants get on hold for A / WL. All this means is that you didn’t fail the interview it gives no actual indication on your chances for acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
Just to clarify: every person that interviews goes in front of the executive committee 2 or 3 days later usually the Friday or Monday after. There you are voted on 1-5 by like 40 people. 1 is best. At this point, the only people rejected are people that flat out failed the interview. Which is maybe 1 person or something like that if that per interview day.

my point is: the vast majority of applicants get on hold for A / WL. All this means is that you didn’t fail the interview it gives no actual indication on your chances for acceptance.
Ah okay. So I have to calm down 😂

Thank you for the information!

Ah okay. So I have to calm down 😂
Be proud of your accomplishment of interviewing so early. I’m not telling you to calm down, just putting things in perspective for everyone and trying to explain how it works.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Went from sub-committee > admissions committee review sometime today, no email.

Last edited:
Went from sub-committee > committee review sometime today, no email.
Wait I thought it was committee -> sub-committee. Did I miss the switch for mine? I’ve been in committee for a while

Wait I thought it was committee -> sub-committee. Did I miss the switch for mine? I’ve been in committee for a while
I think it goes member of committee-> sub-committee-> admissions committee. I might be wrong though.

The order really doesn’t matter. It’s not indicative of receiving a II or not.

That’s what I meant, sorry- edited original for clarity.

I'm waiting on a Zoom link for tomorrow's interview

Went from committee member --> Sub-committee yesterday. Submitted on July 10th. Hopefully, that eases some anxiety for some people!

I finished my secondary application ~8/7 (paid fee, sent casper, and letters should be processed). But today I received an email from VCU reminding me that my application is not complete. The portal also says it is "received" but not "complete". Has anyone encountered this problem? Might it be just the time taken to "process" the application?

I have submitted a help request but am lost why my application is not complete. (And am wondering if I completely missed something!) I'd appreciate any tips :)

I finished my secondary application ~8/7 (paid fee, sent casper, and letters should be processed). But today I received an email from VCU reminding me that my application is not complete. The portal also says it is "received" but not "complete". Has anyone encountered this problem? Might it be just the time taken to "process" the application?

I have submitted a help request but am lost why my application is not complete. (And am wondering if I completely missed something!) I'd appreciate any tips :)
I'd say just keep your eye on the portal, sometimes I feel like there's latency between the portal and email but the former stays better updated. I'm complete on the portal and it looks like this:

APPLICATION STATUS

Your M.D. file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application. This review is done to determine your qualifications for a potential interview invitation. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE to check on your status. Your status is updated in the portal for your review at all times.

I'd say just keep your eye on the portal, sometimes I feel like there's latency between the portal and email but the former stays better updated. I'm complete on the portal and it looks like this:

APPLICATION STATUS

Your M.D. file is now complete. A member of the committee will do a review of your application. This review is done to determine your qualifications for a potential interview invitation. Once this review is complete, you will receive a status update regarding your profile. PLEASE DO NOT CALL THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE to check on your status. Your status is updated in the portal for your review at all times.

Thank you!

Moved from Sub-committee to Admissions Committee sometime today. No email received, portal update only.

Just got my first II!! ORM and IS. Complete on 7/19. Moved to sub-committee on 8/16.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
R just now. Never even got a update that I was under review. Best of luck everyone!

• Care
Were you ever updated about your file being under review?
I didn’t receive an email about moving to sub-committee, I just saw it change on the portal (I was checking my portal regularly then). I got an email on 8/31 telling me my status changed and on the portal I had the “file review complete” message. Then another status change email on 9/1 and the II information was on the portal. Hope that helps!!

• Love