2021-2022 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It honestly seems like they’re only accepting OOS at this point. Has anyone from IS got an A in may from waitlist?

Reactions: 2 users
I got an A at 7:30PST!! It hardly feels real lol
Congratulations!
thor-fat-thor.gif

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone asked admissions if they're taking IS students anymore? I need to know whether to give up hope and full send the new app

Reactions: 1 user
At this point, considering Wayne is basically done with IS acceptances, I’m basically spending every night staring at a lottery ticket that I spent an incredible amount of work to obtain, hoping for a win. This is depressing.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
For anyone reapplying: are we supposed to completely rewrite our personal statement and work/activities? An interview means our primaries were well-written right? So I’m leaning towards not changing much? If anyone has thoughts on this please share :)

For anyone reapplying: are we supposed to completely rewrite our personal statement and work/activities? An interview means our primaries were well-written right? So I’m leaning towards not changing much? If anyone has thoughts on this please share :)
I think it would be worth re-writing parts of it and talk about what you’ve done since the beginning of last application cycle. For ex, things you’ve improved on, new clinical experiences.

Reactions: 1 users
hey guys i have a very neurotic question that i will probs delete but like on your portal when you go under admissions decision and it tells you you have been waitlisted, does the https website for everyone else say "Applicant/Final/WL/Default"

just wondering if the final in there means im not considered no more. this is so neurotic and embarrassing will probs delete.

so proud of everyone for sticking on this waitlist for so long.

hey guys i have a very neurotic question that i will probs delete but like on your portal when you go under admissions decision and it tells you you have been waitlisted, does the https website for everyone else say "Applicant/Final/WL/Default"

just wondering if the final in there means im not considered no more. this is so neurotic and embarrassing will probs delete.

so proud of everyone for sticking on this waitlist for so long.
It says the same in there for me. I’m pretty sure it says “Final” regardless of what the decision is.

If it makes y'all feel better, I am OOS and have not heard anything.. I guess not all of the sushi squad will be in Detroit this coming fall :cryi:

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
just a couple of more weeks till WS starts classes and im panicking :(

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
So of the 28 offers sent out on Monday, only one was reported here? Or was the tracker updated after the offers were sent out from the previous few weeks? 😢

Called admissions earlier asking if waitlist was still being considered or if the incoming class was full and they said adcoms are still going thru the waitlist, we should "get an email by mid-June saying if you will move forward in the process" which I'm assuming is just a nice way of saying we either get an acceptance or rejection email lol

sit tight friends, it's not over yet:dead:

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Called admissions earlier asking if waitlist was still being considered or if the incoming class was full and they said adcoms are still going thru the waitlist, we should "get an email by mid-June saying if you will move forward in the process" which I'm assuming is just a nice way of saying we either get an acceptance or rejection email lol

Thank you for taking one for the team and figuring this out for us!

• Care

as hopeful as that sounds the uncertainty until mid-june is gonna drain me

• Care
People need to rent a place, get loans or line of credits, plan their move, some even need visa, etc. Tbh, ive never seen such a dysfunctional system. I’m not merely attacking wayne…

Reactions: 17 users
We’ve all really gone through the 5 stages of grief together… 😢

This is such a difficult process and the wait seems never-ending. Truly hope all of us on the waitlist who have put our hopes in Wayne State get the A soon. I hope you know that you are not alone, and there is more to life than whatever the outcome of this wait may be.

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Just got an Acceptance today! Waitlisted 10/15, LM 71, OOS

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got an acceptance at 4:50 pm! Waitlisted 10/15 as well. Trying to decide between here and WVU, so if anyone has any comments about that pleaseee help

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I met with admissions today and they said people are still withdrawing at this point, so I wouldn’t lose hope just yet.
Just out of curiosity, what was the vibe you got from the admissions team like it was a lot withdrawing or very few withdrawing?

• Care
hi! I got off the WL. does anyone know where to access the fin aid summary?

Does anyone know if it's worth contacting Wayne State and asking them about when we may hear back from the waitlist/our specific position on it? I'm already accepted to other schools but Wayne is my top choice and I'd like to figure out logistics of housing and other things well in time and i feel like with classes starting in a month, that's not going to happen. Not really sure how to navigate this - any advice is appreciated!

I know people have talked to admissions about the waitlist but has anyone specifically asked about IS students? Worried that all the movement is OOS

Does anyone know if it's worth contacting Wayne State and asking them about when we may hear back from the waitlist/our specific position on it? I'm already accepted to other schools but Wayne is my top choice and I'd like to figure out logistics of housing and other things well in time and i feel like with classes starting in a month, that's not going to happen. Not really sure how to navigate this - any advice is appreciated!
Please do it and let us know how it goes!

I did that a few days ago and they said their class is full but they expect to make a few additional offers but it may not be until mid-June

I did that a few days ago and they said their class is full but they expect to make a few additional offers but it may not be until mid-June
Not sure who you spoke to but i just spoke to the office of admissions about five minutes ago. they said nothing about their class being full and said they are still taking people off of the waitlist.

Has anyone heard of/seen anyone receive one of these recent acceptances? Trying to figure out if they’re still coming 🥲

I just got the email with an A, OOS, does anyone know where I can find my financial aid package?

• Wow
Just out of curiosity, what was the vibe you got from the admissions team like it was a lot withdrawing or very few withdrawing?

Has anyone heard of/seen anyone receive one of these recent acceptances? Trying to figure out if they’re still coming 🥲
I think IS A's are pretty much done. OOS candidates may still reject based on their in state college acceptances to save money and/or to be closer to home. Looks like OOS (who didn't accept) is sent to other OOS candidates who are on WL. Looks like either Wayne needs more money or they may have this criteria where they need to fill those OOS only.

• Sad
Tried calling Admissions to see if I could get an answer about IS WL movement, and didn’t get much in the way of specifics. Figured as much, but wanted to personally try.