You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Wayne State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That would still be lucky! 🙂Just spent a band submitting my new primary app... now watch Wayne accept me tomorrow.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When you were you WL?I just got the email with an A, OOS, does anyone know where I can find my financial aid package?
All the way back in 10/15, it’s been such a fun rideWhen you were you WL?
caterpillar123
Full Member
That was the same case as me!All the way back in 10/15, it’s been such a fun ride
vchalam777
New Member
Just out of curiosity, what was the vibe you got from the admissions team like it was a lot withdrawing or very few withdrawing?
I did that a few days ago and they said their class is full but they expect to make a few additional offers but it may not be until mid-June
I think IS A's are pretty much done. OOS candidates may still reject based on their in state college acceptances to save money and/or to be closer to home. Looks like OOS (who didn't accept) is sent to other OOS candidates who are on WL. Looks like either Wayne needs more money or they may have this criteria where they need to fill those OOS only.Has anyone heard of/seen anyone receive one of these recent acceptances? Trying to figure out if they’re still coming 🥲
D
deleted1022805
I don't understand why they just don't reject all of the IS applicants at this point. There was a huge R wave about 5 weeks ago and there are still IS applicants on the WL. Like why are they making us wait all of this time if they are only looking to fill OOS seats.
EDIT: Sorry for sounding negative I just can't believe how unorganized this is.
EDIT: Sorry for sounding negative I just can't believe how unorganized this is.
Last edited by a moderator:
This is exactly why I’m not losing hope. If they truly only wanted OOS people they would reject IS people. Everything that anyone says on here is speculation, so take it all with a grain of salt.I don't understand why they just don't reject all of the IS applicants at this point. There was a huge R wave about 5 weeks ago and there are still IS applicants on the WL. Like why are they making us wait all of this time if they are only looking to fill OOS seats.
EDIT: Sorry for sounding negative I just can't believe how unorganized this is.
vchalam777
New Member
Not sure if Wayne assigns fixed number of seats to OOS. One of the member mentioned(in this thread) that he/she called Admissions office and they said class is full. I guess if lot of OOS candidates drop(chances are there), then they may give these to IS in the last minute. Not sure. Hope they do. I am not sure they waited this long, last year to give these to IS (if they did).This is exactly why I’m not losing hope. If they truly only wanted OOS people they would reject IS people. Everything that anyone says on here is speculation, so take it all with a grain of salt.
As someone said, I wish they decide this by next week, so that people can get time to find an apt.
Seems like the entire process is a bit unorganized across the board. My kid got an email after withdrawing from one waitlist by the admissions person that interviewed him saying that he was sorry to hear my son wouldn't be part of their 2026 class even though he'd never been accepted. This week he got an acceptance from a school that he had contacted a week earlier and withdrawn from the waitlist.I don't understand why they just don't reject all of the IS applicants at this point. There was a huge R wave about 5 weeks ago and there are still IS applicants on the WL. Like why are they making us wait all of this time if they are only looking to fill OOS seats.
EDIT: Sorry for sounding negative I just can't believe how unorganized this is.
johnny_olivares
New Member
is wayne h/p/f or a true p/f? Trying to choose between this school and a Cali school.
https://www.med.wayne.edu/admissions/faqsis wayne h/p/f or a true p/f? Trying to choose between this school and a Cali school.
Scroll to curriculum
Edit: link doesn’t work but it’s in their admissions FAQs. Seems like p/f with option of honors.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
johnny_olivares
New Member
OOS current students: why did you choose Wayne over other schools?
fewcherdoc
New Member
For me, the urban location is a plus. Midtown is great and it’s just a short distance from other areas undergoing a renaissance further downtown—around the Lions and Tigers stadiums, for example. I like that the school is in the heart of multiple hospital systems (DMC, Henry Ford, VA, etc.), research opportunities seem plentiful, established home residencies in every speciality, and it seems like the clinical opportunities are unmatched in connection with the population served in the area, I am out of state but have some family nearby which is a plus. An M3 student from my hometown showed me around and she was very positive about her experience. Match list seems very strong across a variety of competitive specialties the last two years. And they seem to have stabilized the administration making the interim dean—who seems to have the support of faculty and students—permanent.OOS current students: why did you choose Wayne over other schools?
fullblownrig
Full Member
just checked the wayne portal- 638 offers already! 🙁 Time to lock in and tear up the next cycle 😤
SeñorSerenity1
New Member
Any incoming male M1 looking for a roommate?
They were the only US school that accepted me.OOS current students: why did you choose Wayne over other schools?
Wayne also has a phenomenal clinical training program and by virtue of its size has research/programs in almost every area you could think of.
there is still hope they are still sending in offers until first week of classesjust checked the wayne portal- 638 offers already! 🙁 Time to lock in and tear up the next cycle 😤
BananaMangoLemonParty
Full Member
Thanks kingWill be withdrawing from the WL. Good luck to those still waiting!
peppy-doctor
Full Member
Withdrew from WL last week good luck everyone!!
vchalam777
New Member
Depends on where are coming from. Flight ticket + baggage + hotel(food) stay till you find apartment etcas an OOS student how much money would it be for moving costs estimated?
Moving Cost Calculator and Estimates - Get Free Moving Quotes | Moving.com
FREE moving cost calculator to estimate the costs of your move. Is it more expensive to move in the beginning of the month or the end? Find out!
g.moving.com
thank you for responding!Depends on where are coming from. Flight ticket + baggage + hotel(food) stay till you find apartment etc
Moving Cost Calculator and Estimates - Get Free Moving Quotes | Moving.com
FREE moving cost calculator to estimate the costs of your move. Is it more expensive to move in the beginning of the month or the end? Find out!g.moving.com
fullblownrig
Full Member
If I reapply and submit my primary app, does it notify Wayne or any other schools that I'm on the waitlist on? I dont want them to look at that and not take me off the waitlist
I’ve been wondering this as well!If I reapply and submit my primary app, does it notify Wayne or any other schools that I'm on the waitlist on? I dont want them to look at that and not take me off the waitlist
I don’t know for sure, but I don’t think Wayne would be able to see that you’ve resubmitted since AMCAS doesn’t send your primaries to med schools until June 25 (I believe this is the date this year, someone correct me if I’m wrong). So my guess is that Wayne probably can’t see that you resubmitted until then.If I reapply and submit my primary app, does it notify Wayne or any other schools that I'm on the waitlist on? I dont want them to look at that and not take me off the waitlist
PenandPaper2130
Full Member
Is it safe to say waitlist movement is most likely over?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i think i read in this thread that their next movement is around next weekIs it safe to say waitlist movement is most likely over?
D
deleted1022805
Yeah they said by mid Junei think i read in this thread that their next movement is around next week
PenandPaper2130
Full Member
Cool cool, thanks!i think i read in this thread that their next movement is around next week
No they said that they won’t have any more WL movement till mid-June. Whether this will be IS or OS, rejections, or what else is unclear at this time.they said by mid june their movement is over?
Is or oos?I just withdrew my A, best of luck to everyone!
futuredrcristinayang
Full Member
how are yall withdrawing your WL position/app?
Thank you King/Queen 🤴I just withdrew my A, best of luck to everyone!
warriorpremed12
Full Member
getting real nervous lol
Tracker went up by like 23
That tracker causes me so much anxiety 😭Tracker went up by like 23
last movement? but its only at 661 and they said more movement until mid juneThis is it my friends. Considering last year it went up to 675 A’s sent out I imagine this tracker update will be the last large movement.
Any A’s shout em out along with IS or OS please! LETS GOOOOOOOOO
I’m sure there may be some trickle, but personally I would not expect any more large batches of A’s sent out. Last few years there hasn’t been much movement around CTE date. That being said I would be happy to be wrong and this is all supposition based on the same info everyone else has!last movement? but its only at 661 and they said more movement until mid june
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's to hoping!
Also, does anyone know the start date?
Also, does anyone know the start date?
July 5Here's to hoping!
Also, does anyone know the start date?
I sure hope not. 😢The Facebook group says they added 23 user in the past week🧐 those r the ones who were just recently accepted?
Did the 23 A’s already go out and none of them posted on here?
I feel like that has to be a coincidenceThe Facebook group says they added 23 user in the past week🧐 those r the ones who were just recently accepted?