-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Wayne State
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It's like Helen Keller's house here. Complete silence and I ain't seeing nothing either.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just received a II today for April LOL. I assume this is the very very last interview slot.
whaat I thought they were done with their interview season?I just received a II today for April LOL. I assume this is the very very last interview slot.
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
IDK whats going on but im so scared did the new dean just forget about us????
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
congratulations!! Would you mind sharing if its early april or more towards the end?I just received a II today for April LOL. I assume this is the very very last interview slot.
Early Aprilcongratulations!! Would you mind sharing if its early april or more towards the end?
Congratulations! Kill that interview!Early April
For everyone feeling the angst of the wait, you're not alone... we'll get through this
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
glad im not alone :')I am going CRAZY waiting ughhh
I guess it's finally time to send that hot tasty LOI to remind Wayne that I'm still somehow miraculously alive 🙂
SquidwardInRepose
Full Member
Hopefully we’ll all be having a good laugh about this at some sushi restaurant in Detroit come Julyglad im not alone :')
Im a big fan of sushi 🙂Hopefully we’ll all be having a good laugh about this at some sushi restaurant in Detroit come July
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
I've never acc had sushi but i would be down to try if it means ill be in detroit for med school in july 🙂Im a big fan of sushi 🙂
Can I also get in on this?Im a big fan of sushi 🙂
I am a big fan of both sushi and tendies.
SquidwardInRepose
Full Member
AbsolutelyCan I also get in on this?
I am a big fan of both sushi and tendies.
Page 27 of student doctor network Wayne state 2021-2022 forum is where we will remember as the start of the sushi squad
'Tis an honorAbsolutely
Page 27 of student doctor network Wayne state 2021-2022 forum is where we will remember as the start of the sushi squad
I come back to this thread 5 hours later, and people are going crazy from the waiting and talking about sushi...
I desperately want this to be a thing.Absolutely
Page 27 of student doctor network Wayne state 2021-2022 forum is where we will remember as the start of the sushi squad
I will also join, if I will be so blessed to receive an A from the waitlistI desperately want this to be a thing.
Jaded_Cry_0167
Full Member
I don't like sushi either but I would gladly join you all if (when!?!?) we all get accepted!Absolutely
Page 27 of student doctor network Wayne state 2021-2022 forum is where we will remember as the start of the sushi squad
cortinarius
Full Member
Also Post II WL, interviewed 2/11
coffeeandmotivation
Full Member
Also Post II WL, interviewed 2/18
They have handed out ~17 more acceptances
Hopping on the post-II WL train, interviewed 1/10
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So.... there should be some As sent tonight then?.... 😱
So.... there should be some As sent tonight then?.... 😱
Sending good vibes guys
Just for reference, same time last year, there were 511 As on the tracker
Those may have already been sent out bc I think Someone got accepted a couple days ago, but I’m not sure I’m just some random person on the internetSo.... there should be some As sent tonight then?.... 😱
Your analysis is appreciated nonetheless, LilUziVerticalThose may have already been sent out bc I think Someone got accepted a couple days ago, but I’m not sure I’m just some random person on the internet
I just finished up dedicated. For my class, dedicated officially ran from January- mid February. Due to requests from members of my class, it was extended to last a full 8 weeks, although during those extended weeks admin was able to schedule activities/assignments (although they only scheduled a few hours of activities).How much time do students get for studying for step 1? Online it looks like 3 months is this correct?
No one here got the A?
Nope..No one here got the A?
SquidwardInRepose
Full Member
Nada…
Nope just palpable anxietyNo one here got the A?
Yeah I got the A..
ANXIETY
ANXIETY
That last post was a joke but guys pls do take care of yourselves. There is more to life than waitlists and SDN. Go spend time with your friends family cat or dog or significant other. Go play that video game, go to that bar you always wanted, eat that unhealthy sandwich that you always see on Instagram. There's so much more to life. I hope to see y'all one day tho.
At least for the current M1s and M2s the white coat ceremony is being replaced by the Clinician's Ceremony, which serves as the transition from Segment 2 to 3. I don't know if class of 2026 is going to get this ceremony or a white coat ceremony.Do any current WSU students know if the incoming class will have their white coat ceremony this year? I remember reading somewhere that the current M1s and M2s haven't even had theirs yet because of the pandemic. Im really looking forward to it and don't want to get my hopes up. Thanks!
I'm sorry I just had to 😀At least for the current M1s and M2s the white coat ceremony is being replaced by the Clinician's Ceremony, which serves as the transition from Segment 2 to 3. I don't know if class of 2026 is going to get this ceremony or a white coat ceremony.
Attachments
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! Does 'Faculty 1' mean a faculty-written exam, or is it some other kind of in-person assessment?First year: Faculty 1 (15%), Faculty 2 (20%), and then all in one week: Faculty 3 (30%), NBME (15%), Anatomy Practical (15%). 5% is Attendance.
Second Year: 3 NBMEs spaced out. No faculty and no 3 exams in one week stress.
These are for each trimester.
Can someone talk about their experience living in Michigan/Detroit? I am OOS
Fellow OOSerCan someone talk about their experience living in Michigan/Detroit? I am OOS
Pros
- Lots of really good/interesting restaurants (especially ethnic restaurants)
- Several nice park areas (such as the River Walk)
- Very affordable (I pay $1250/month+ utilities for a nice 1 bdrm in a building with lots of amenities).
- There's a vibrant nightlife, although I don't participate in it so someone else will need to chime in.
- City has a lot of unsafe areas (that are very close to the safe ones), and if you get in trouble the city police can take a very long time to respond
- I have a mild gait instability (due to pez planus) and have been mocked when I'm out powerwalking (I travel quite a bit and this has been the only city where this has ever occurred)
- Auto insurance is very expensive (although I have enough ties to home that I can keep my car registered there and avoid this)
- While this is getting better, some neighborhoods don't have nearby grocery stores (and many of the ones that do just have an overpriced grocery store with low quality goods)
Let me know if you have any more specific questions
fewcherdoc
New Member
Thanks for this information. Can you share any recommendations on places to live like yours that are convenient to the med school?
What about transportation?Fellow OOSer
Let me know if you have any more specific questions