2021-2022 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II Waitlist OOS TX applicant. 508, 3.6

Members don't see this ad.

are they just sending out either invites or interview waitlists? i dont see any Rs?

Reactions: 1 user
im counting my waitlist as a rejection. how do ppl know what tier their wait is, if the email telling me that i got waitlisted says, don't email us asking about your status.

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
for OOS invite ppl, did u have rural experience/goals, or ties to state?

for OOS invite ppl, did u have rural experience/goals, or ties to state?
I have 2 years living/working in a rural community and ties to the state with expressed desire to work rural!

Waitlisted for interview last night. 3.9 GPA, 517 MCAT, OOS in region.

Reactions: 1 users
Waitlist for an interview. RIP. OOS and completed 7/15/21.

does waitlist mean rejection pretty much lol
No. Last year they told you which tier of the waitlist you were. If you were near the top, you had a good chance of getting an II later in the cycle.

Did everyone who heard back get an email or an update on the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I got an email from the help desk after submitting secondary that said "The online form that you just completed has been successfully submitted and time-stamped." I did not get an email from WVU confirming my secondary app is received. Is this normal? Did you guys get that email later?

Hi all, I got an email from the help desk after submitting secondary that said "The online form that you just completed has been successfully submitted and time-stamped." I did not get an email from WVU confirming my secondary app is received. Is this normal? Did you guys get that email later?
Yeah, same thing and I submitted a few days ago.

I got confirmation email from WVU a few days later

For those that got II waitlist, when were you complete?

First R of the cycle. OOS 3.4/510. wish yall the best :)

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Ii waitlist.. oos. Its pretty weird that they are waitlisitng ppl this early in the cycle.

Last edited:
II received!! OOS, 515, 3.4 gpa, submitted secondary 7/9

Reactions: 2 users
R, Can't say I'm surprised with OOS, no ties but expressed interest in rural med. 506 MCAT, 3.5 gpa. Completed 7/9/21

• Care
also wondering this
Ngl, but I feel like it's a gentle letdown, cuz they have the interviews, (sorry not trying to be negative), and there will be people from that that will get put on the waitlist post II, which will probably come before the interview waitlist.

On top of that, they will also have other applicants who are at the top with high MCAT and GPA, and therefore, they will probably get As, and it basically creates a feedback cycle, if my circuitous thinking makes sense?!?

II waitlist. complete 7/14 3.5/509. OOS but live close to morgantown.

II waitlist as well! International. Do ppl ever get off the interview waitlist here?

II waitlist as well! International. Do ppl ever get off the interview waitlist here?
for previous years, yes. They had high, mid, low priority on WL, and high priorities had high chance of getting ii. but this cycle, it seems they are asking us to not ask about their tier.

Last edited:
How are people getting put on waitlists when y'all have better stats than me???

II OOS CA applicant. 508, 3.4

How are people getting put on waitlists when y'all have better stats than me???

II OOS CA applicant. 508, 3.4
Well.. they dont just look at stats. I guess there is somethingg special about your app I guess

Do you guys think I might be too late to apply to this school? I have my secondary and plan on finishing it by Saturday. Still worth a shot?