You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Virginia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Complete 7/20, IS. Still nothing. They don't send Pre-II R's until end of Feb so unfortunately we are just in the lurchWas complete 7/28 here, IS. Any IS applicants with a similar completion date here anything?
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
Complete 7/19 with nothing, IS. Virginia schools really don't give their in-state applicants much love...Was complete 7/28 here, IS. Any IS applicants with a similar completion date here anything?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1139574
Got my first A of the cycle around 11 AM EST!!! LM 76, complete 8/15
Interviewed earlier this week
Interviewed earlier this week
Last edited by a moderator:
beepbeep1999
Full Member
+1 OOS II, complete early August. Scheduling for late Jan/early Feb!
+3 OOS II, complete late August
Heard nothing from this school...
Should I give up hope? lol
Should I give up hope? lol
GoldenDoodle101
Full Member
No, they give out IIs into the new year and as late as February.Heard nothing from this school...
Should I give up hope? lol
No, they give out IIs into the new year and as late as February.
You gave me so much hope!!!!
No, they give out IIs into the new year and as late as February.
As in sending IIs in January/February?! I thought you meant interview invitations in December to interview into Jan/Feb
When I got my II recently the latest interview was first week of February so if they interview through the end of February there’s still more IIs to be sentAs in sending IIs in January/February?! I thought you meant interview invitations in December to interview into Jan/Feb
When I got my II recently the latest interview was first week of February so if they interview through the end of February there’s still more IIs to be sent
thanks for giving me hope lol
GoldenDoodle101
Full Member
They will give IIs as late as February with the option to interview through late-Feb and possibly early March.As in sending IIs in January/February?! I thought you meant interview invitations in December to interview into Jan/Feb
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They will give IIs as late as February with the option to interview through late-Feb and possibly early March.
awesome! thanks for the hope!!!
wack_barbie
Full Member
OOS II 3.96 BCPM 3.90 ogpa, 519 MCAT, current PhD student. Complete 8/17
Does anyone know when they stop sending IIs?
OOS II this morning! Complete 7/11, LM 70.1
OOS II this AM; complete 7/25 LM 81
SeriouslyDelirious
Full Member
OOS II this morning! Complete 7/11, LM 70.1
Congrats guys!! When are they scheduling out to?OOS II this AM; complete 7/25 LM 81
Thanks! Mid FebruaryCongrats guys!! When are they scheduling out to?
TyrodTaylorSoldierSpy
Full Member
OOS II this morning complete 8/16
I saw someone's mom was there and they were chill about it.anyone know if we are allowed a +1 or family at march visit day?
Hi I keep reading about away rotations. Is this something uva still does if you choose Charlottesville campus?
I spoke to current students who were M4s trying to match into surgery a couple months ago, and they talked about their away rotations. Both at INOVA and other hospitals (one of them talked about going to a hospital in NYC for a bit, I forget which one). Hope that helps!
Yes, UVA requires away rotations. Many are in Fairfax, some are in Salem, some in RichmondHi I keep reading about away rotations. Is this something uva still does if you choose Charlottesville campus?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spoke to current students who were M4s trying to match into surgery a couple months ago, and they talked about their away rotations. Both at INOVA and other hospitals (one of them talked about going to a hospital in NYC for a bit, I forget which one). Hope that helps!
Just to clarify, clerkships and clinical rotations are different from away rotations. Clerkships occur in Phase II which is when students rotate through specific services. In Phase II, students have a “home base” for their clerkships which is either UVA Health or Inova Fairfax. Students are asked for their preference upon acceptance. During this phase, some students will complete clerkships at other hospitals/clinical sites such as Bon Secours in Richmond or the VA in Salem. However, many if not most students will complete all of their clerkships at their home base.Yes, UVA requires away rotations. Many are in Fairfax, some are in Salem, some in Richmond
In Phase III, students have some required clinical courses but a large portion is spent doing whatever electives/clinical rotations the student decides. In this period, many students do “away rotations” at other hospitals as a way of “auditioning” at a program to which they are applying in the match.
Hope that helps.
I did wanna add here that every student I know at UVA does a third year clerkship away from Charlottesville at some point, though it is a lottery system. You may know more people there and maybe go there yourself, I just have a gf who is a M3 there right now, and during their presentation going into third year they told everyone to expect to be away from Cville at some point (this includes Fairfax - some Cville based students are sent to Inova Farifax for some core clerkships). For her, she has three core clerkships away from Cville, despite rating all Cville locations during the lottery system. So I wouldn't go in expecting that most students will complete every third year clerkship at their home base if in Cville based on that, though I do not know the situation for those in Inova Fairfax.Just to clarify, clerkships and clinical rotations are different from away rotations. Clerkships occur in Phase II which is when students rotate through specific services. In Phase II, students have a “home base” for their clerkships which is either UVA Health or Inova Fairfax. Students are asked for their preference upon acceptance. During this phase, some students will complete clerkships at other hospitals/clinical sites such as Bon Secours in Richmond or the VA in Salem. However, many if not most students will complete all of their clerkships at their home base.
In Phase III, students have some required clinical courses but a large portion is spent doing whatever electives/clinical rotations the student decides. In this period, many students do “away rotations” at other hospitals as a way of “auditioning” at a program to which they are applying in the match.
Hope that helps.
Also, thank you for clarifying my language, I should have said core rotations there, that's what I meant by rotations.
Another note I just thought of, there are circumstance that will allow you to stay in Cville for all clerkships, but a spouse or a pet both do not qualify.
Last edited:
Is there still a chance to receive an IS II? I feel like they’ve been slow with them IS applicants unless I’m being delusional 😭
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
I feel the same way. Kinda ruling them out from my options at this point.Is there still a chance to receive an IS II? I feel like they’ve been slow with them IS applicants unless I’m being delusional 😭
I feel the same way. Kinda ruling them out from my options at this point.
Same-- It seems like from past threads they kind of peter out in the last week of Jan/first couple days of Feb, so if nothing by the end of next week I would say that we are R'd.Is there still a chance to receive an IS II? I feel like they’ve been slow with them IS applicants unless I’m being delusional 😭
lcm.md.mom
Full Member
Anyone else just starting to be ready for the Rs to roll in? The mental energy of these just hanging out is exhausting me.Same-- It seems like from past threads they kind of peter out in the last week of Jan/first couple days of Feb, so if nothing by the end of next week I would say that we are R'd.
YES!! I am IS and received an interview today🙂Is there still a chance to receive an IS II? I feel like they’ve been slow with them IS applicants unless I’m being delusional 😭
Yeah, I'm just ready for some certainty now.Anyone else just starting to be ready for the Rs to roll in? The mental energy of these just hanging out is exhausting me.
Yeah, I'm just ready for some certainty now.
I'm OOS and haven't received a peep. LOL
Amazing congrats!! can i ask ur stats or LM score? I've heard its super comp in state so go u!!YES!! I am IS and received an interview today🙂
LM score is 68.9Amazing congrats!! can i ask ur stats or LM score? I've heard its super comp in state so go u!!
wantabedoctor
Full Member
Is there any way to know how many II's they sent out so far? I didnt see anything on their website. Thanks
Housing is provided by the school as part of tuition for away rotations during required clerkships, ie from Cville to Richmond, INOVA, or Salem. If you do not choose INOVA as your clerkship campus, you still have the opportunity to do 1-3 required rotations at INOVA, either through the random assignment or by swapping with your classmates before rotations start. If you have children and choose Cville as your clerkship campus, you will receive preference for all rotations assigned to Cville.Just to clarify, clerkships and clinical rotations are different from away rotations. Clerkships occur in Phase II which is when students rotate through specific services. In Phase II, students have a “home base” for their clerkships which is either UVA Health or Inova Fairfax. Students are asked for their preference upon acceptance. During this phase, some students will complete clerkships at other hospitals/clinical sites such as Bon Secours in Richmond or the VA in Salem. However, many if not most students will complete all of their clerkships at their home base.
In Phase III, students have some required clinical courses but a large portion is spent doing whatever electives/clinical rotations the student decides. In this period, many students do “away rotations” at other hospitals as a way of “auditioning” at a program to which they are applying in the match.
Hope that helps.
II!!! IS, complete mid Aug. sent update last week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS II received this morning! I'm so grateful and excited for this. <3 Super nontraditional student, LM 80.
booooooooo
New Member
^ +1
Can they send out OOS IIs then?
clinicallycrafty
Full Member
Accepted! Interviewed 1/31 😀
beepbeep1999
Full Member
A! My first one so far 🥹 Interviewed 2/1, OOS applicant but ties to the area.
screaming crying throwing up rn
screaming crying throwing up rn