2022-2023 Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
+1 on an acceptance today!! OOS with no ties.

Congratulations @beepbeep1999 !!!!!! Go CELEBRATE!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
+2 on an acceptance!! Interviewed 2/2. International OOS. Huge congrats to everyone who got the A today!!!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Is it just me or is that the fastest turn around in terms of ii -> A ?? But congratulations y’all!!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else have trouble getting in touch with the school regarding virtual student hosting?

You're supposed to email the guy in charge of the virtual hosting (email listed on the portal)

I believe they send IIs pretty late into the cycle? I was told they are still screening?

Reactions: 1 user
I received an II yesterday, so they are sending IIs still. Available dates in early-mid March.

anyone still not heard anything? Has there been any Pre II R here? Thanks :)

Reactions: 3 users
anyone still not heard anything? Has there been any Pre II R here? Thanks :)
I haven't heard anything from them and I submitted my app in late Aug. I would guess that if there haven't been pre-II Rs, they're just another one of those schools that likes to wait until the end of the cycle to send a mass rejection.

I haven't heard anything from them and I submitted my app in late Aug. I would guess that if there haven't been pre-II Rs, they're just another one of those schools that likes to wait until the end of the cycle to send a mass rejection.
Where did you interview at?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a reason that this state school's stats are so much higher than most, if not all, other state schools? Is that mostly a result of them being super selective with their OOS applicants or is it also that much harder for IS applicants?
Jump

JUST GOT THE A!!!! This is my first A of the cycle. I am so ecstatic I feel like a huge weight just got lifted off me. I got the email at 11:18am. LM 76.3

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
MSAR says "Waitlist positions vary from year to year. We have a waitlist and most years do accept students from the waitlist." Completely unhelpful lol

Man, I should have shot my shot here earlier in the cycle. I didn't apply until October as an IS resident because I didn't think I stood a chance. Totally regret it. I should have just at least tried.

• Care
dude omg. I got a scam call from the Charlottesville area I really thought UVA was inviting me to interview

A! interviewed on Thursday, ORM, OOS, LM 76

Reactions: 5 users
warms my heart to see the A's rolling in today! congrats everyone

Do y'all think they're still going to send out IIs? Holding onto hope as this was my top choice :(

It’s not over till it’s over

Anyone have any II tips? Seems like its pretty relaxed/conversational?

TY:)

Anyone have any II tips? Seems like its pretty relaxed/conversational?

TY:)
Mine were conversational and most questions were based on my app. My first interview lasted 25 minutes and he asked a couple more general questions, I remember for one he gave me a quote and asked me to describe what I thought about it. I gave a long response and he brought up a quote from my personal statement and revealed he asked the question because of that part of my PS. Basically he wanted to test if I could answer with the wisdom (I guess?) I had in my PS. But it was really conversational because he gave input as well. At the end, he basically said “I hope you come to UVA!” so I got excited lol. But then my second interview was only 15 minutes and he only asked questions about my app. And most of the questions were regarding “unusual” things in my app like my hobby and my non-science double degree.

So overall, I’d suggest to just be relaxed and prepared to answer questions about your activities and don’t freak out if the interview is shorter than expected. For UVA, I’m pretty sure the final decision is made by your interviewers largely based on how the interview went (but with a high post-II A rate) so just go into it with confidence and be friendly!

Reactions: 1 users
Mine were conversational and most questions were based on my app. My first interview lasted 25 minutes and he asked a couple more general questions, I remember for one he gave me a quote and asked me to describe what I thought about it. I gave a long response and he brought up a quote from my personal statement and revealed he asked the question because of that part of my PS. Basically he wanted to test if I could answer with the wisdom (I guess?) I had in my PS. But it was really conversational because he gave input as well. At the end, he basically said “I hope you come to UVA!” so I got excited lol. But then my second interview was only 15 minutes and he only asked questions about my app. And most of the questions were regarding “unusual” things in my app like my hobby and my non-science double degree.

So overall, I’d suggest to just be relaxed and prepared to answer questions about your activities and don’t freak out if the interview is shorter than expected. For UVA, I’m pretty sure the final decision is made by your interviewers largely based on how the interview went (but with a high post-II A rate) so just go into it with confidence and be friendly!
Thank you!!! Super helpful and really appreciate your response:)

• Care
Thank you!!! Super helpful and really appreciate your response:)
I echo everything mochimmy said! Especially the part about them giving me a quote and asking what I thought about it. I didn't necessarily recognize any relevance of this quote to something in my app, but that may just be because I forgot what I wrote in my app lol. Otherwise, interviews were super chill, almost all questions were about my app.

• Love
PreII rejection, but I honestly don’t know what I expected with an MCAT 15 points below their average ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Care
Suprised I didn’t hear anything today lmao

Looks like all pre II R should be done by first week of march for anyone still waiting, and it seems II’s are over