2021-2022 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you guys think I might be too late to apply to this school? I have my secondary and plan on finishing it by Saturday. Still worth a shot?
Shoot your SHOT!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Still haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone else in the same boat. Was complete 7/20

Reactions: 1 users
Still haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone else in the same boat. Was complete 7/20
complete 7/23. I think we submitted later so we should expect to hear back much later. Unless WVU is renowned for super duper quick turnarounds, I would say we need to sit pretty for another week or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
complete 7/23. I think we submitted later so we should expect to hear back much later. Unless WVU is renowned for super duper quick turnarounds, I would say we need to sit pretty for another week or so.
Yeah good point

On WVU MSAR it says they have 2 interviews, 20 min each. When I scheduled my interview, I thought it was just 1 interview? Can anybody confirm?

Edit: On the WVU website, it says this year there is 1 two-on-one interview, 25 minutes long. Guessing its best to go by the official WVU website

On WVU MSAR it says they have 2 interviews, 20 min each. When I scheduled my interview, I thought it was just 1 interview? Can anybody confirm?

Edit: On the WVU website, it says this year there is 1 two-on-one interview, 25 minutes long. Guessing its best to go by the official WVU website
Also just had 1 interview!

Reactions: 1 user
Are folks hearing back for II and waitlist around 2 weeks?

Waitlist for II as well. OOS, no ties. Is this basically a soft rejection? I like how they say in the email " Your primary and secondary applications were favorably reviewed, and you have been placed on our waitlist for an interview. "

OOS and waitlisted for interview. 513 and 3.80 gpa. How likely is it for people to get interviews from the waitlist?

II Waitlist 4.0/511 OOS no ties

Members don't see this ad :)
How likely is getting off the II waitlist? Should we take it as a R lol

How likely is getting off the II waitlist? Should we take it as a R lol
I’d just take everything in a cycle as an R unless we get told otherwise. That way you’re either right or pleasantly surprised!

Edit: I got put on the II waitlist back in mid July and I’m just taking it as a soft R as I don’t really see them ever taking me off of it.

what are your stats if you don't mind me asking? and did you match rural mission?
3.57, 506, pretty good amount of EC's, ~350 hrs of research so there is hope for the lower stats applicants! and no did not match rural mission

Reactions: 2 users
Any 7/23 submissions heard back?

Is an interview waitlist at this school a good indication of the strength of my application? Just trying to find any bit of confidence for this cycle lol

Is an interview waitlist at this school a good indication of the strength of my application? Just trying to find any bit of confidence for this cycle lol
That’s a great question but I have no idea

WVU was going strong with waves of II/ waitlist/ R why did they suddenly stop? lol

ah okay thanks for clarifying! do you know if we need a Casper score to move forward on the review?
According to the portal/website, you do not. Casper score is only used for WL movements I believe

Last edited:
Just got an II! IS, complete 7/23. Did not do casper.

Reactions: 2 users
Re applicant here, got the waitlist again :(
OOS, 3.85 GPA 510 MCAT good mission fit, top-quartile Casper ... damn

In an attempt to assuage most people's fears, as far as I'm aware this waitlist is probably reactionary from last year's cycle. They had a record breaking OOS applications that forced the adcom to reject all OOS apps that came in after a certain point in time. My guess is that this waitlist is for mostly OOS applications that have the ability to make it through the interview and get acceptances but they need more time to vet applications. So heads up kings and queens, we got this!

• Care
Reactions: 13 users
Got rejected today after submitting my secondary on 08/02. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Waitlist II just received now. Don’t know how to feel about this tbh. At least I’m starting to hear back from schools I guess.

Waitlist II, complete 8/4, LM 78.

Has any Canadian/International applicant gotten an II? From the thread it seems all the int'l and Canadian applicants are on II WL?

Waitlist II, complete 8/4, LM 78.

Has any Canadian/International applicant gotten an II? From the thread it seems all the int'l and Canadian applicants are on II WL?
I am Canadian, got II waitlisted.