2021-2022 West Virginia

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Still haven't heard anything back yet. Anyone else in the same boat. Was complete 7/20
complete 7/23. I think we submitted later so we should expect to hear back much later. Unless WVU is renowned for super duper quick turnarounds, I would say we need to sit pretty for another week or so.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On WVU MSAR it says they have 2 interviews, 20 min each. When I scheduled my interview, I thought it was just 1 interview? Can anybody confirm?

Edit: On the WVU website, it says this year there is 1 two-on-one interview, 25 minutes long. Guessing its best to go by the official WVU website
 
On WVU MSAR it says they have 2 interviews, 20 min each. When I scheduled my interview, I thought it was just 1 interview? Can anybody confirm?

Edit: On the WVU website, it says this year there is 1 two-on-one interview, 25 minutes long. Guessing its best to go by the official WVU website
Also just had 1 interview!
 
Waitlist for II as well. OOS, no ties. Is this basically a soft rejection? I like how they say in the email " Your primary and secondary applications were favorably reviewed, and you have been placed on our waitlist for an interview. "
 
How likely is getting off the II waitlist? Should we take it as a R lol
I’d just take everything in a cycle as an R unless we get told otherwise. That way you’re either right or pleasantly surprised!

Edit: I got put on the II waitlist back in mid July and I’m just taking it as a soft R as I don’t really see them ever taking me off of it.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Re applicant here, got the waitlist again 🙁
OOS, 3.85 GPA 510 MCAT good mission fit, top-quartile Casper ... damn
 
In an attempt to assuage most people's fears, as far as I'm aware this waitlist is probably reactionary from last year's cycle. They had a record breaking OOS applications that forced the adcom to reject all OOS apps that came in after a certain point in time. My guess is that this waitlist is for mostly OOS applications that have the ability to make it through the interview and get acceptances but they need more time to vet applications. So heads up kings and queens, we got this!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlist II just received now. Don’t know how to feel about this tbh. At least I’m starting to hear back from schools I guess.
 
Waitlist II, complete 8/4, LM 78.

Has any Canadian/International applicant gotten an II? From the thread it seems all the int'l and Canadian applicants are on II WL?