You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 West Virginia
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Waitlisted today. Not super shocked since I felt really bad about the interview, but butt hurt that they really waitlisted me 2 years in a row lolol rip
D
deleted1108356
Hi! I just interviewed here this morning. They do look at your entire application, including your grades/classes, extracurriculars, and essays. I was asked questions about all these things so make sure you know your application really well!I've got an interview invite, scheduled for November. I was just wondering, for this school and in general, do they review your application in the meantime once you have an interview scheduled? Or are they not going to look at my application again until after I interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got put on an Interview Waitlist. Should I expect to hear something this year? Or does this mean I might be interviewed next year
Complete 10/8, OOS,
no ties to WV, strong ties to Ohio.
Complete 10/8, OOS,
no ties to WV, strong ties to Ohio.
Has anyone gotten off the pre-II waitlist??
Based off last years thread there was movement later in the year. I think they are still moving through their regular IIs right now
Thank you so much! So later as in Dec or later next year (Jan onwards)?Based off last years thread there was movement later in the year. I think they are still moving through their regular IIs right now
Thank you so much! So later as in Dec or later next year (Jan onwards)?
You might get pulled off in Dec but the interviews might not be till next year
Interviewed last Friday (10/22) and just got put on the waitlist! Kind of expected since I didn't vibe with my interviewers very well and wasn't a huge fan of the school! Good luck to the rest of yall QUOTE]
Are you OOS? From last years thread they put most OOS on WL after the interview. Regardless of if it was a good interview or not, because they know WV isn’t your top choice so there’s no point in extending the A at first [emoji23]
It's not over until its overYou might get pulled off in Dec but the interviews might not be till next year
absurdlyabnormal
Full Member
Interviewed today!! I think it went well and was super conversational even though I was so nervous 😅. They said we’ll be hearing back within a week which I thought was a really quick turn around
wormofsecrets
Full Member
Hey interview buddy I also interviewed that day! Best of luck with you cycle!Interviewed today!! I think it went well and was super conversational even though I was so nervous 😅. They said we’ll be hearing back within a week which I thought was a really quick turn around
beemer-schemer
New Member
pre-II WL today, only submitted 10/18 so was pretty surprised to see anything this soon. OOS, strong rural interest, LM 74.7
I just did this morning!Has anyone gotten off the pre-II waitlist??
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just did this morning!
I think that’s normal for OOS applicants that they like. They want to interview IS first, based off last years thread the OOS that got IIs immediately were the high stat strong ties ones.
Last edited:
wormofsecrets
Full Member
Accepted! Interviewed 10/28
also got off the pre-ii waitlist!
Are you IS or OOS? Can you share your stats? I am ORM and OOSI just did this morning!
signature!Are you IS or OOS? Can you share your stats? I am ORM and OOS
When did you get your original pre-II waitlist email, if you don't mind me asking?signature!
When did you get your original pre-II waitlist email, if you don't mind me asking?also got off the pre-ii waitlist!
pre-II waitlist in the middle of julyWhen did you get your original pre-II waitlist email, if you don't mind me asking?
NormalUsername42
Full Member
OOS just got an II off of the waitlist for interview! Didn’t expect this one actually. Was put on the waitlist 7/14.
Are you in a bordering state?OOS just got an II off of the waitlist for interview! Didn’t expect this one actually. Was put on the waitlist 7/14.
NormalUsername42
Full Member
At minimum 2 states between me and WV, so very OOS, but I did write about having family pretty close to the WV border in a neighboring state and a desire to work with populations in Appalachia due to life experiences in the area.Are you in a bordering state?
At minimum 2 states between me and WV, so very OOS, but I did write about having family pretty close to the WV border in a neighboring state and a desire to work with populations in Appalachia due to life experiences in the area.
I have about 10 states [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Can you provide any information on the interivew? Is it a traditional style interview where they ask questions, not an MMI right? I am a canadian so I am unsure where to find insight about US interview. Thanks!Accepted! Interviewed 10/28
chocolatefrosty1
Full Member
out of state or in state?Accepted! Interviewed 10/28
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is an MD-PhD interview question, but specific to WVU. (For stats inquiries, bordering state and strong ties; C 8/15, II 10/11; WARS 91?)
When do MD-PhD interviewees get the PhD schedule? I have a month until my MD interview and haven't heard anything. I'm contemplating emailing the department so I can prepare.
When do MD-PhD interviewees get the PhD schedule? I have a month until my MD interview and haven't heard anything. I'm contemplating emailing the department so I can prepare.
D
deleted1103180
Also got off the pre-II waitlist! Interview waitlisted mid July. Earliest available interviews are in January. OOS no ties to WV
From the admissions page - it's a traditional interview with two members from their (large) AdCom.Can you provide any information on the interivew? Is it a traditional style interview where they ask questions, not an MMI right? I am a canadian so I am unsure where to find insight about US interview. Thanks!
Attachments
wormofsecrets
Full Member
Oosout of state or in state?
Manisero
Full Member
Post-interview waitlist today, interviewed 11/13/2021. OOS, MCAT 517. I felt as though I rambled a bit long and stuttered a bit on my responses during the interview sometimes. Could also be that textbook premed neuroticism, though. Anyone know how much they draw from the waitlist?
refreshingdaily24/7
New Member
+1 on the OOS WL and curious about WL movementPost-interview waitlist today, interviewed 11/13/2021. OOS, MCAT 517. I felt as though I rambled a bit long and stuttered a bit on my responses during the interview sometimes. Could also be that textbook premed neuroticism, though. Anyone know how much they draw from the waitlist?
4 day turnaround :OPost-interview waitlist today, interviewed 11/13/2021. OOS, MCAT 517. I felt as though I rambled a bit long and stuttered a bit on my responses during the interview sometimes. Could also be that textbook premed neuroticism, though. Anyone know how much they draw from the waitlist?
chocolatefrosty1
Full Member
+2 OOS WL and curious about WL movementPost-interview waitlist today, interviewed 11/13/2021. OOS, MCAT 517. I felt as though I rambled a bit long and stuttered a bit on my responses during the interview sometimes. Could also be that textbook premed neuroticism, though. Anyone know how much they draw from the waitlist?
Same, except I was interview waitlisted in AugustAlso got off the pre-II waitlist! Interview waitlisted mid July. Earliest available interviews are in January. OOS no ties to WV
Were you on hold prior to II?II now, OOS. Complete in july. I heard that the post interview acceptant rate for OOS is abysmally low. Is that true?
YesWere you on hold prior to II?
I also just came off of the Pre-II waitlist. Scheduled for end of January. OOS.
Congrats. When were you complete and/or put on the waitlist
premedhopeful1013
Full Member
pre-II waitlist. Hoping to be pulled off. OOS, no strong ties to WV
LM 70
LM 70
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Countrychkn
Full Member
Just got pulled off the waitlist for an MD/PhD II! Looks like a lot of pre-II waitlist movement here. Super excited about this one.OOS MD/PhD pre II waitlist today. No ties but strong mission/research fit. 3.6 gpa 515 mcat. Complete on 08/23/2021 (thanks committee letter). Pretty bummed. These guys were my top choice 😭
Nimbus9000
Full Member
Got the acceptance call this morning!! Interviewed 11/18 OOS
Got the acceptance call this morning!! Interviewed 11/18 OOS
They working the day before thanksgiving?! ayooo lol.
That’s awesome! Congratulations!
Nimbus9000
Full Member
Hmm thats hard to answer without giving up more info about myself than im comfortable with. I am very non-trad and I have worked in research for a very long time. My undergrad was poor but I have done much since then to prove myself. Im sorry if thats a lackluster answer.It’s very hard to get straight up accepted as an OOS. Any ideas what made your application stand out?
For those who have been accepted, do you find out if you're accepted from just an email, or do you have to access the decision through the applicant portal (I’m not sure if they mentioned recieving a call regarding decisions)?
Last edited: