2021-2022 West Virginia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Earlier it was mentioned that there is pre-II waitlist movement, anyone know how true this is?

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted today. Not super shocked since I felt really bad about the interview, but butt hurt that they really waitlisted me 2 years in a row lolol rip

I've got an interview invite, scheduled for November. I was just wondering, for this school and in general, do they review your application in the meantime once you have an interview scheduled? Or are they not going to look at my application again until after I interview?
Hi! I just interviewed here this morning. They do look at your entire application, including your grades/classes, extracurriculars, and essays. I was asked questions about all these things so make sure you know your application really well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got put on an Interview Waitlist. Should I expect to hear something this year? Or does this mean I might be interviewed next year

Complete 10/8, OOS,
no ties to WV, strong ties to Ohio.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten off the pre-II waitlist??

Based off last years thread there was movement later in the year. I think they are still moving through their regular IIs right now

Reactions: 1 users
Based off last years thread there was movement later in the year. I think they are still moving through their regular IIs right now
Thank you so much! So later as in Dec or later next year (Jan onwards)?

Interviewed last Friday (10/22) and just got put on the waitlist! Kind of expected since I didn't vibe with my interviewers very well and wasn't a huge fan of the school! Good luck to the rest of yall QUOTE]

Are you OOS? From last years thread they put most OOS on WL after the interview. Regardless of if it was a good interview or not, because they know WV isn’t your top choice so there’s no point in extending the A at first

Interviewed today!! I think it went well and was super conversational even though I was so nervous 😅. They said we’ll be hearing back within a week which I thought was a really quick turn around

Interviewed today!! I think it went well and was super conversational even though I was so nervous 😅. They said we’ll be hearing back within a week which I thought was a really quick turn around
Hey interview buddy I also interviewed that day! Best of luck with you cycle!

pre-II WL today, only submitted 10/18 so was pretty surprised to see anything this soon. OOS, strong rural interest, LM 74.7

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school send Rs or are pre-II waitlists technically Rs here

I just did this morning!

I think that’s normal for OOS applicants that they like. They want to interview IS first, based off last years thread the OOS that got IIs immediately were the high stat strong ties ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Waitlisted today, interviewed on 10/28

• Care
OOS just got an II off of the waitlist for interview! Didn’t expect this one actually. Was put on the waitlist 7/14.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Are you in a bordering state?
At minimum 2 states between me and WV, so very OOS, but I did write about having family pretty close to the WV border in a neighboring state and a desire to work with populations in Appalachia due to life experiences in the area.

At minimum 2 states between me and WV, so very OOS, but I did write about having family pretty close to the WV border in a neighboring state and a desire to work with populations in Appalachia due to life experiences in the area.

I have about 10 states

Accepted! Interviewed 10/28
Can you provide any information on the interivew? Is it a traditional style interview where they ask questions, not an MMI right? I am a canadian so I am unsure where to find insight about US interview. Thanks!

This is an MD-PhD interview question, but specific to WVU. (For stats inquiries, bordering state and strong ties; C 8/15, II 10/11; WARS 91?)

When do MD-PhD interviewees get the PhD schedule? I have a month until my MD interview and haven't heard anything. I'm contemplating emailing the department so I can prepare.

Also got off the pre-II waitlist! Interview waitlisted mid July. Earliest available interviews are in January. OOS no ties to WV

Attachments

• WVU interview.PNG
    WVU interview.PNG
    258 KB · Views: 130
Post-interview waitlist today, interviewed 11/13/2021. OOS, MCAT 517. I felt as though I rambled a bit long and stuttered a bit on my responses during the interview sometimes. Could also be that textbook premed neuroticism, though. Anyone know how much they draw from the waitlist?

Post-interview waitlist today, interviewed 11/13/2021. OOS, MCAT 517. I felt as though I rambled a bit long and stuttered a bit on my responses during the interview sometimes. Could also be that textbook premed neuroticism, though. Anyone know how much they draw from the waitlist?
+1 on the OOS WL and curious about WL movement

4 day turnaround :O

+2 OOS WL and curious about WL movement

Reactions: 2 users
Also got off the pre-II waitlist! Interview waitlisted mid July. Earliest available interviews are in January. OOS no ties to WV
Same, except I was interview waitlisted in August

II now, OOS. Complete in july. I heard that the post interview acceptant rate for OOS is abysmally low. Is that true?

I also just came off of the Pre-II waitlist. Scheduled for end of January. OOS.

OOS MD/PhD pre II waitlist today. No ties but strong mission/research fit. 3.6 gpa 515 mcat. Complete on 08/23/2021 (thanks committee letter). Pretty bummed. These guys were my top choice 😭
Just got pulled off the waitlist for an MD/PhD II! Looks like a lot of pre-II waitlist movement here. Super excited about this one.

• Love
Got the acceptance call this morning!! Interviewed 11/18 OOS

• Love
It’s very hard to get straight up accepted as an OOS. Any ideas what made your application stand out?
Hmm thats hard to answer without giving up more info about myself than im comfortable with. I am very non-trad and I have worked in research for a very long time. My undergrad was poor but I have done much since then to prove myself. Im sorry if thats a lackluster answer.

For those who have been accepted, do you find out if you're accepted from just an email, or do you have to access the decision through the applicant portal (I’m not sure if they mentioned recieving a call regarding decisions)?

Last edited: