You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2021-2022 Western Michigan
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
There's some "hold" time in between where they decide whether to extend you a phone interview! If you move along the process, your next notification will be "Phone Interview Offered."When they say “the experience review completed, now under consideration for phone interview,” does that mean I passed the exp review or that my app is on hold? Kinda confused if there is another review step in between exp and phone interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1Seems like most people here are getting their virtual IIs about 3 weeks after their phone interviews. If it's been a month does that mean I likely wont be getting an II/ just a soft R?
Ahh thank you so much!There's some "hold" time in between where they decide whether to extend you a phone interview! If you move along the process, your next notification will be "Phone Interview Offered."
Did anybody get a phone II today or just virtual?
ColoradoMedApplicant
Full Member
Literally just got the Virtual II today 1 day later!! Complete 8/11!Seems like most people here are getting their virtual IIs about 3 weeks after their phone interviews. If it's been a month does that mean I likely wont be getting an II/ just a soft R?
Last edited:
WorkandPlay
Full Member
No phone II yet. Experience review completed 9/24Did anybody get a phone II today or just virtual?
been waiting since 07/27, I wonder if its a soft RI’ve been waiting for a minute now for that phone II(8/2). I guess they just passed me by 😞
Geez, over a month later? I know a lot of people have reported about 3 weeks to be the average waiting time between Phone I and official II, but today we've had reports of waiting times anywhere between 1 day to now over a month. Mine was just over a week ago, so I guess I'll either hear back today or in 2 more weeks.invited for a virtual II just now!! This was my first interview offer so I may or may not be ugly crying. phone interview complete 8/25
I’m guessing they pull from a list that is sorted by scores for the virtual II. Everybody’s file gets some total score and then they’re rankedGeez, over a month later? I know a lot of people have reported about 3 weeks to be the average waiting time between Phone I and official II, but today we've had reports of waiting times anywhere between 1 day to now over a month. Mine was just over a week ago, so I guess I'll either hear back today or in 2 more weeks.
The email after the phone interview said we could hear back about a virtual II at any point during the cycle. Considering the first group of virtual II invites heard 3 weeks after their phone interviews and this is only the second round of virtual interview invites, I'd expect there to be some longer wait times for those that completed phone interviews in August than those who got phone invites in September as the ball is now already rolling. Best of luck to you and hope you hear soon!Geez, over a month later? I know a lot of people have reported about 3 weeks to be the average waiting time between Phone I and official II, but today we've had reports of waiting times anywhere between 1 day to now over a month. Mine was just over a week ago, so I guess I'll either hear back today or in 2 more weeks.
II today! Completed phone on 9/10.
Is anyone seeing that there were no dates?
Is anyone seeing that there were no dates?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, I had to scroll almost two months out but I found them!II today! Completed phone on 9/10.
Is anyone seeing that there were no dates?
Same. I hope not.been waiting since 07/27, I wonder if its a soft R
just_vibing
Full Member
For people who just received virtual IIs- what was the earliest date available to schedule an interview?
Oct 15For people who just received virtual IIs- what was the earliest date available to schedule an interview?
just_vibing
Full Member
Oh wow… the earliest I saw was Nov 5th. I guess stuff filled up fastOct 15
For people who just received virtual IIs- what was the earliest date available to schedule an interview?
mine was November 5th kinda toughOct 15
wormofsecrets
Full Member
OOS ii received! Finished phone interview less than a week ago.
I checked early this morning. The earliest date was Oct 15 and the next was Nov 5. Nothing offered in between!Oh wow… the earliest I saw was Nov 5th. I guess stuff filled up fast
Dinosaur_gummy
New Member
II 20 minutes ago! Phone interview was exactly a week ago. The earliest date they had for me to schedule was Nov 12th, so slots are definitely filling up.
WorkandPlay
Full Member
Phone II this morning! Experience review complete 9/24
Last edited:
PI this morning! Experience review complete 9/10! IS URM
D
deleted1114150
congrats bro. when were u completeinvited for a virtual II just now!! This was my first interview offer so I may or may not be ugly crying. phone interview complete 8/25
Experience review complete 8/3congrats bro. when were u complete
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Phone interview received this morning, experiences review completed 9/13
Edit: OOS with no ties, ORM, LM 70.3, complete 8/31
Edit: OOS with no ties, ORM, LM 70.3, complete 8/31
Last edited:
Can anybody who has done a phone interview talk about what it was like? My application is still in experiences review (so I may be borrowing trouble), but I'm pretty nervous for it. One interview per school seems daunting enough, let alone two!
My experience review was complete on 08/29, but I haven't been invited for a phone interview yet...that can't be a good sign :'(
we aren't allowed to discuss much of it but can say it consists of 7 questions and is conducted by someone outside of the school--they do not have access to your application, and take notes during your answers. Typically you get a few normal questions and a few odd questions, and it can take anywhere from 10 mins to 30 mins--mine took about 30, but I tend to overexplain and also got some involved questions. you really can't prepare for it, but it is not stressful!Can anybody who has done a phone interview talk about what it was like? My application is still in experiences review (so I may be borrowing trouble), but I'm pretty nervous for it. One interview per school seems daunting enough, let alone two!
Curious-George
New Member
Can anyone give any information or insight about what the "group activity" consists of during the virtual interview?
Just got put on experiences review! Complete 7/27
Last edited:
It’s a private school…
They explicitly are interested in Western Michigan students as reflected by their secondary questions and on their website. Ties clearly mean a lot to them.It’s a private school…
Hi, everyone, anybody got an interview with absolutely no ties to the state and no connection to southwest Michigan area? I complete mine on early Sep, and got experience review on mid Sep, and just under consideration for phone interview since early Oct. I just worried that I show no tie and connection tion southwest Michagan at all......
I received a phone interview with no ties or connections. While I cannot give details, I will say that the phone interview did not have anything that screened for ties or connections to the state or school.
Virtual interview invite received with absolutely no connections or ties to the school or area. You have a shot!Hi, everyone, anybody got an interview with absolutely no ties to the state and no connection to southwest Michigan area? I complete mine on early Sep, and got experience review on mid Sep, and just under consideration for phone interview since early Oct. I just worried that I show no tie and connection tion southwest Michagan at all......
ooo000
Full Member
Thanks!!!I received a phone interview with no ties or connections. While I cannot give details, I will say that the phone interview did not have anything that screened for ties or connections to the state or school.
I received a virtual interview invite with no ties at all to the state.Hi, everyone, anybody got an interview with absolutely no ties to the state and no connection to southwest Michigan area? I complete mine on early Sep, and got experience review on mid Sep, and just under consideration for phone interview since early Oct. I just worried that I show no tie and connection tion southwest Michagan at all......
Keeponmoving
Full Member
Hi, everyone, anybody got an interview with absolutely no ties to the state and no connection to southwest Michigan area? I complete mine on early Sep, and got experience review on mid Sep, and just under consideration for phone interview since early Oct. I just worried that I show no tie and connection tion southwest Michagan at all......
Virtual interview invite received with absolutely no connections or ties to the school or area. You have a shot!
You definitely have a shot. Outside of Michigan (28 students), the second most represented state in our M1 class is California (17). I've talked to classmates who had actually never been to Michigan prior to moving here. I'm personally from somewhere that is nowhere close to SW Michigan.They explicitly are interested in Western Michigan students as reflected by their secondary questions and on their website. Ties clearly mean a lot to them.
WMed
They claim on our class profile that WMU is a preferred institution...but we only have one student in our class who graduated from WMU.
2025 Class Profile | WMed
If you're worried, I'd just do a little research on WMed and Kalamazoo before my interview and talk about a few things you like about the school and the area. We have a longitudinal course called Active Citizenship, where we have to volunteer somewhere in the community and give back to the area, so it would be good to mention you're excited about the opportunity to do that and serve Kalamazoo (if you are, of course - I really was).
We also have multiple opportunities regularly work with the homeless population here, such as providing free health screenings at the homeless shelter, which is pretty cool. We get to use what we learn in the Medical First Responder course to take blood pressures, listen to heart and lung sounds, and blood sugar levels, stuff like that.
(By the way, MFR is amazing and something unique to a lot of schools. We get something like 68 simulation hours during those 2 months or whatever it was. Sim center is state-of-the-art. On the mannequins, you can listen to heart and lung sounds, feel pulses at all points over the body, and take manual blood pressures on the thing 🤯 pupils are even reactive to light when you examine them....well, unless it's a narcotic overdose and they're pinpoint. There's a woman who can give birth and you can resuscitate the baby. The school is super proud of the sim center and MFR training so you could always talk about that!)
Sorry for the long post, but hopefully someone will find something I said helpful.
ETA clarification: all that stuff I mentioned in the sim center is done on high-tech mannequins, not people. The mannequins have pulses and stuff haha. We do practice a lot with standardized patients as well though!
Last edited:
WorkandPlay
Full Member
Had my telephone interview today and that was interesting lol. Had 1 odd question that I think I bombed because I was laughing during the response. Seriously, what were they thinking? I dont know how someone could approach that on their own but I tried haha. Overall, it was not that bad. Hopefully I did enough for a virtual interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were the questions like MMI questions but over phone?Had my telephone interview today and that was interesting lol. Had 1 odd question that I think I bombed because I was laughing during the response. Seriously, what were they thinking? I dont know how someone could approach that on their own but I tried haha. Overall, it was not that bad. Hopefully I did enough for a virtual interview.
WorkandPlay
Full Member
I didnt feel like they were.Were the questions like MMI questions but over phone?
phone interview experience was questionable...did not leave the best impression of the program 0.0
Could you explain why?phone interview experience was questionable...did not leave the best impression of the program 0.0