2021-2022 Wisconsin

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know if OOS students are able to get IS tuition after the first year? I know this is a thing at some schools

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the A! My first one I can’t believe it Interviewed 12/2

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Also got the A call! I love this school and I’m stoked! Interviewed early December, LM69

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Received the A call! IS, LM 76, ORM, interviewed on the second week of December.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
For those accepted, y’all haven’t received anything else (email, portal update, etc.) besides the phone call right?

For those accepted, y’all haven’t received anything else (email, portal update, etc.) besides the phone call right?
No just the phone call I honestly don’t even remember what she said after “accepted” does anyone know what does come next?

Reactions: 1 user

No just the phone call I honestly don’t even remember what she said after “accepted” does anyone know what does come next?
In a few days you'll get an official email with your acceptance letter (it took 5 for mine to show up). In the portal, you'll have to sign an acknowledgement of acceptance once it's available. It should be there by the time you get the email

Reactions: 1 users
I got the A call! Danielle Yancey and Dr. Benally Thompson from The Native American Center for Health Professions called, and they offered me a Full Ride scholarship! I have no idea what it entails because as soon as they said it I started crying lol.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 23 users
Does anyone know if their grading scale is pass/fail for preclinical and clinical years? Thank you in advance :giggle:

Members don't see this ad :)
Edit: Look at Doc331's reply, he is a current student and gave great information that is more accurate than mine.
Does anyone know if their grading scale is pass/fail for preclinical and clinical years? Thank you in advance :giggle:
I feel like I can say with confidence that they are P/F for preclinical, beyond that they are not. And I can't say for sure if preclinical is "true P/F" either. When people say "true P/F" to me that means P/F in preclinical with no internal rankings. I've had some students tell me it's going to True P/F, but that is not what I was led to believe in my interview.

The first person who spoke to us, who I'm pretty sure was from the deans office, said "Every school has some form of internal rankings, no matter what they advertise." That's a direct quote. This is in line with information I've found here on SDN in these threads

SMPH vs Keck thread

Wisconsin 2019-2020 thread, including a great breakdown from a current student of daily life, pros and cons, etc.

Wisconsin 2020-2021 thread with current student stating it's P/F with internal rankings.

Here's the handbook: https://www.med.wisc.edu/media/medw...ation/md-program/medical-student-handbook.pdf

Grades earned in pass/fail courses are not included in the GPA calculation, but percent ranks are used for calculation of Cumulative Comparative Performance.

As for clinical work I'm pretty sure it's H/HP/P/LP/F.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Are you In-state or Out of state??? Stats? I interviewed 10/22 and haven't heard back
Out of state! And lizzy score of 73. I would honestly reach out and ask about the status of your application. It might be that your interviewer didn’t submit your review on time? They said they don’t make silent decisions. Good luck :)

Any current students have access to previous years’ match lists? :)

Reactions: 3 users
Feb is almost here. Does anyone know if we are supposed to hear back around Feb 7th ( ~ month) from our interview dates in Jan?

Did anyone not attend the ForWard Curriculum Q&A and still get an A? I'm not sure I'll be able to make it on a Wednesday.

Does anyone know if UW is sending out any more interview invites? :/

Reactions: 2 users
Got the A phone call a couple hours ago! Loved this school when I Interviewed early January, so I’m super happy :)

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Got the A! Still in disbelief!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Anyone else get that "interview hold-like" email in December saying you were reviewed, set aside, and would hear from them in January and still haven't heard anything? Do we think there are any more interviews to go out or are they just waiting a bit to mass reject?

Anyone else get that "interview hold-like" email in December saying you were reviewed, set aside, and would hear from them in January and still haven't heard anything? Do we think there are any more interviews to go out or are they just waiting a bit to mass reject?
+1

+2, why get our hopes up? Just why?

• Care
Got the A, exactly 8 weeks after my interview! Hopefully more calls are going out today! I also got that email and I guess technically they never said you would hear back in January (just that you wouldn't hear back BEFORE January). I honestly think they are just going slow and we already know they don't hold decisions for later.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Those of you who got acceptance calls today or yesterday - was there any mention of scholarships during your call? Trying to determine if the scholarship committee has met yet for this round of decisions. Thanks!

Those of you who got acceptance calls today or yesterday - was there any mention of scholarships during your call? Trying to determine if the scholarship committee has met yet for this round of decisions. Thanks!
There was not any mention of scholarships during my call yesterday. Haven’t even received the official acceptance email yet 😅

Nope. Do they normally do this for all scholarships?

No mention of any scholarships and no emails yet. At this point I could have imagined the call and u wouldn’t even know 😂

• Haha
I was notified of my scholarship when I received my call, then I received an email to confirm the scholarship a few days later

Waitlisted just now - Interviewed 12/8-10. WL email says a ranked list will come out in late April. Best of luck to you all, and I hope for lots of movement! :)

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
so are we thinking that they are done with II? That email in December really gave me hope just to take it all away

Just called their office. They said next wave of A's the end of this week or early next week

Reactions: 6 users
pre-II R this morning. IS, received the II hold back in December.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
pre-II - R this morning, IS, went to Undergrad, am doing gap year job here, was top choice.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone from the 1/12-1/14 interview experience heard back yet?

Accepted just now over email and a portal change! In disbelief! Interviewed Jan 12-14

• Love
Reactions: 8 users