2022-2023 A.T. Still University (Kirksville, Missouri) ATSU-KCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Here are the latest stats- Enjoy

Here are the latest stats for select colleges (ORdered by MCAT)
School: # matriculating, Acceptance rate, MCAT (x means not shared)

CCOM (Chicago): 205, 2.7%, 510
Des Moines : 221, 6%, 509
Western U: 336, 2.9%, 508
California (CHSU): 120,x, 507.4
N Texas (UNTHSC): 230, 11.67%, 507.2
Michigan State: 300, 5.5%,507
Arizona *AZCOM): 254, 7.5%,507
Touro (CA): 135, 2.9%,507
Kansas city (KCU): 270, 9.1%,507
Sam Houston: 162,xx, 506
Rocky Vista: 376,9.4%,506
NYITCOM: 438,7.1%,506
NOVA: 230, 3.9%,506

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Join the club. Pretty much all of us submitted in June and stuck in limbo here

im also from florida... what r ur guys' stats? trying to see if its worth applying here.

im also from florida... what r ur guys' stats? trying to see if its worth applying here.
Mine is MCAT 51* (mid-teens), GPA 3.7+, sGPA 3.8+, EC
Not sure what's going on with this school. Do they think FL is too far off for us to really join their school?

Reactions: 1 user
Mine is MCAT 51* (mid-teens), GPA 3.7+, sGPA 3.8+, EC
Not sure what's going on with this school. Do they think FL is too far off for us to really join their school?

Those are rly high stats so maybe?? Is it yield protecting? Idk

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got interview!! OOS, but neighboring state

II just now! OOS but nearby, LM 66 but with an upward trend

Congrats to everyone who got an II! I was wondering everyone's thoughts on if it was too late to apply/submit a secondary? I applied to DO schools earlier in the cycle but then got busy with MD apps. I might have the capacity to write a few more and was just trying to gauge if it was too late in the cycle to submit

Congrats to everyone who got an II! I was wondering everyone's thoughts on if it was too late to apply/submit a secondary? I applied to DO schools earlier in the cycle but then got busy with MD apps. I might have the capacity to write a few more and was just trying to gauge if it was too late in the cycle to submit
Well, IF you are from Florida, don't waste your $ applying here. There are 6 of us waiting since June and haven't heard anything.

This is the worst way of comparing the best schools. California health sciences has an average mcat of 507. Do you think that is one of the best DO schools? What about western with a 509? Could not disagree more.

II received today! OOS, app complete 9/2

My first DO II :giggle:

Well, IF you are from Florida, don't waste your $ applying here. There are 6 of us waiting since June and haven't heard anything.

Yeah I wasted my money applying here. Submitted July and still waiting… ghosted

Yeah I wasted my money applying here. Submitted July and still waiting… ghosted
You know I'm honestly having those thoughts too right now. Like I know they've seen our apps, if they aren't interested then send that damn rejection email so we can go about our days and not stress even more.

You know I'm honestly having those thoughts too right now. Like I know they've seen our apps, if they aren't interested then send that damn rejection email so we can go about our days and not stress even more
If they don't prefer Floridians, why bother sending secondaries to Floridians?

y’all we are still so early in the app process and we have 0 information as to how schools conduct their own processes… do not assume it was pointless to apply just because we weren’t in the first couple of waves of interviews

Reactions: 3 users
y’all we are still so early in the app process and we have 0 information as to how schools conduct their own processes… do not assume it was pointless to apply just because we weren’t in the first couple of waves of interviews

Thisssss

It’s easy to get caught up and compare your progress to others here but just try to remember it is still early and schools have different ways of processing apps that isn’t very clear. Best of luck to us all during this waiting game ~~

Reactions: 1 users
also remember that sdn is such a small subset of medical school applicants so this forum isn’t representative

II just now, couldn’t schedule till January
Congrats! FYI, they have an interview waitlist for earlier dates, in case someone cancels. They emailed me to ask if I wanted to be considered for an earlier date in case one opened up, maybe a week or so after I scheduled mine.

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats! FYI, they have an interview waitlist for earlier dates, in case someone cancels. They emailed me to ask if I wanted to be considered for an earlier date in case one opened up, maybe a week or so after I scheduled mine.
also i’m sure there will be more movement since these are in person interviews! i cancelled mine and i was supposed to do it yesterday lol

Does anyone know what is typical to wear to the applicant reception the night before the interview?

Does anyone know what is typical to wear to the applicant reception the night before the interview?

It really doesn’t matter since it’s completely lead by M2 student ambassadors. I wore business casual as I wasn’t sure what to expect and other people did as well.

Are you expected to attend the applicant reception or is it truly optional? I had planned on driving there that morning and don't want to spend money on a hotel overnight.

Are you expected to attend the applicant reception or is it truly optional? I had planned on driving there that morning and don't want to spend money on a hotel overnight.

Completely optional

II today (never heard of one coming in on a Saturday), complete 9/28, OOS but neighboring. stats are 517 mcat, 3.7x overall and 3.6x science, and i work with a DO as an MA. couldn't schedule until January either.

I just withdrew my interview for next Monday. Hopefully it goes to one of you!

II today (never heard of one coming in on a Saturday), complete 9/28, OOS but neighboring. stats are 517 mcat, 3.7x overall and 3.6x science, and i work with a DO as an MA. couldn't schedule until January either.
They have a waitlist for earlier dates! Email them to get on it :)

Those who have interviewed, did they say how long until you’ll hear back about A/WL/R? I’m assuming 4-6 weeks?

Those who have interviewed, did they say how long until you’ll hear back about A/WL/R? I’m assuming 4-6 weeks?

They said 2-4 weeks

Does anyone know if the interviews are open or closed file?