2022-2023 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS secondary received! Thought I got screened out lol

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Different than last year
Sorry can you clarify? Ive emailed them few days ago and they told me that there is no character limit. Where do you see it?

Attachments

• EF5341AA-1EDD-47B0-B029-920944ACEEDF.jpeg
    EF5341AA-1EDD-47B0-B029-920944ACEEDF.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 140
Reactions: 1 user
Sorry can you clarify? Ive emailed them few days ago and they told me that there is no character limit. Where do you see it?
It says it on the secondary form

i did my secondary via Notability. it was way easier to see my essays that way

How Christian is this school? The secondary prompt made me not want to apply idk

Hey! MS2 here, let me know if you have questions about the school/area

How Christian is this school? The secondary prompt made me not want to apply idk
Not very, a few professors make it clear they’re Christian but most never talk about it. The student body is also all over the map so I wouldn’t worry about it

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they screen this year? I have a 124 in CARS, and they send me a secondary.

Did they screen this year? I have a 124 in CARS, and they send me a secondary.
From earlier posters, it looks like some were screened for that and some weren't. Good luck.

Interesting. I have a 51x with a 124 in CARS and received a rejection stating I needed at least a 125 in all sections to be considered.
I just rechecked their website, and I think they change it. Now it says that you need at least 125 to be “competitive”

Interesting. I have a 51x with a 124 in CARS and received a rejection stating I needed at least a 125 in all sections to be considered.
Yield protection maybe

Just got a application update. “Application file is complete. Interview cycle begins in September”

Just got a application update. “Application file is complete. Interview cycle begins in September”
When did you submit secondary? I got an update after submitting that stated my secondary had been received but didn’t mention anything about interviews

Should I submit their secondary even if my mcat score isn't 125 or above in all sections?

I got a primary received email on 8/2 OOS when should I expect a secondary if qualified??

Are you guys using all 4,000 characters? Definitely going to be the longest secondary besides SOMA.

Does anyone know if you still have to submit a physician letter separately if one is already included within your committee letter?

Does anyone know if you still have to submit a physician letter separately if one is already included within your committee letter?
I had called them about that, they said the one within the committee letter will suffice.

secondary just received. primary was submitted in May but physician letter didn't get to AACOMAS until like early July

I got an email with an R today :/ They said in the email I could improve my GPA and MCAT (51X) with a post-bacc or master's degree. I have been in a post-bacc, and still am in one, for the last year and am enrolled for fall classes, too (transcripts were submitted to AACOMAS). Should I e-mail them making sure they have received my post-bacc transcript? The wording on the email makes it seem like they don't know I am currently in a post-bacc.

I got an email with an R today :/ They said in the email I could improve my GPA and MCAT (51X) with a post-bacc or master's degree. I have been in a post-bacc, and still am in one, for the last year and am enrolled for fall classes, too (transcripts were submitted to AACOMAS). Should I e-mail them making sure they have received my post-bacc transcript? The wording on the email makes it seem like they don't know I am currently in a post-bacc.
Was this pre or post secondary?

Does anybody know the post-ii acceptance rate for DO schools?

Reactions: 1 users
Did you guys get an email for secondary received and another for completed? Just got the received email.

Does anyone know why some DO schools, CUSOM included, have such strange post-acceptance protocols? Based on their website, you have roughly 30-days to decide if you'd like to attend, which includes a $1500 non-refundable deposit. Those of us interviewing earlier, will have likely not yet heard back from other schools to which we've applied. On the other hand, you have MD schools that ask for an ~ $100 and let you sit on the decision for months.

It almost seems predatory – taking advantage of a student's uncertainty. If you get an early acceptance and don't know if you'll get another because you're so early in the cycle, you obviously will pay the $1500. Its just free cash for the school in the end, as many of those students if accepted to a more desirable program will still walk away.
There tends to be a lot more people not taking their DO acceptance vs MD so they are much more expensive. I think that they have a harder time filling their classes because of it. It gives the students more of an incentive to go with that school. Also, if you do end up going to that school, the deposit goes towards your tuition

On the other hand, you have MD schools that ask for an ~ $100 and let you sit on the decision for months.

It almost seems predatory – taking advantage of a student's uncertainty. If you get an early acceptance and don't know if you'll get another because you're so early in the cycle, you obviously will pay the $1500. Its just free cash for the school in the end, as many of those students if accepted to a more desirable program will still walk away.
MD schools will refund 100% of your deposit if you decide not to attend and withdraw before the PTE (plan to enroll) date, which happens around mid-february of 2023 for all MD schools. This school loses a substantial number of students to other DO schools and some MD schools. They take full advantage of the situation by making bank. I believe all DO schools require a very large non-refundable deposit. The student dont care if the lose the deposit b/c they get to attend their preferred school. Its a win-win situation sort to speak.

Last edited: