2021-2022 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A today around 8am PST!!! Interviewed 3/17

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
According to MSAR there are only 10-30 waitlist spots, which is actually pretty low, I wonder how accurate that is...

Members don't see this ad :)
According to MSAR there are only 10-30 waitlist spots, which is actually pretty low, I wonder how accurate that is...
As in 10-30 people are placed on the waitlist or 10-30 people are accepted from the waitlist? (I don’t have msar anymore) thanks!

As in 10-30 people are placed on the waitlist or 10-30 people are accepted from the waitlist? (I don’t have msar anymore) thanks!
Posted on Dartmouth page in MSAR is the following:
"Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle: 10-30
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 26
Waitlist procedures and information: After May 1, we contact waitlisted applicants regarding their desire to remain on the waitlist and admit candidates from the waitlist via a committee process"

I have no idea how accurate this is or if anyone has any other information about getting accepted off the waitlist

Reactions: 1 users
Posted on Dartmouth page in MSAR is the following:
"Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle: 10-30
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist: 26
Waitlist procedures and information: After May 1, we contact waitlisted applicants regarding their desire to remain on the waitlist and admit candidates from the waitlist via a committee process"

I have no idea how accurate this is or if anyone has any other information about getting accepted off the waitlist
This gives me so much hope, but also I'm so afraid to invest any more hope in this process *cries*

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I was in disbelief when you posted this. I had to check MSAR to verify for myself.

Last year's MSAR Waitlist Procedures (2022) are very different than this year's (link).

2022 Waitlist Procedures
10-30 Waitlist Positions / 4 Acceptance Offers

2023 Waitlist Procedures
10-30 Waitlist Positions / 26 Acceptance Offers

This must be reflective of the differences in admissions cycles between 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 due to COVID.

I think this should give those on the WL some hope!

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I was in disbelief when you posted this. I had to check MSAR to verify for myself.

Last year's MSAR Waitlist Procedures (2022) are very different than this year's (link).

2022 Waitlist Procedures

2023 Waitlist Procedures

This must be reflective of the differences in admissions cycles between 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 due to COVID.

Do you mean 2021 vs 2022? I'm confused by the 2022/2023

Do you mean 2021 vs 2022? I'm confused by the 2022/2023
If you look at the document I linked, the title says "2023" for the current one and "2022" for the one I downloaded a few months ago. So I'd have to guess that the "2023" document is based on data from the 2020-2021 cycle now that it is completely passed and the "2022" document is based on data from the 2019-2020 cycle.

2022 Waitlist Procedures

2023 Waitlist Procedures

Thank you SO MUCH for this info!

Members don't see this ad :)
On the wait list and just saw that the deadline for submitting financial aid was April 1st. Has anyone submitted after that date and had any trouble, or has anyone already asked the financial aid office if April 1st applies to waitlisted applicants as well?

On the wait list and just saw that the deadline for submitting financial aid was April 1st. Has anyone submitted after that date and had any trouble, or has anyone already asked the financial aid office if April 1st applies to waitlisted applicants as well?
Their response since I also didn’t meet the deadline: “Yes you are still eligible, April 1st is a priority date. You can still apply. Please complete your file as soon as possible so that we can notify you of your eligibilities.”

• Care
Anybody hear anything from financial aid yet?
I emailed financial aid requesting any updates.
Their response: We are conducting our last round of testing of our systems now. As long as these go smoothly, I would expect that we will begin sending financial aid notifications out next week.

Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 users

2022 Waitlist Procedures

2023 Waitlist Procedures

Im a bit confused because in the 2019-2020 SDN thread, someone said that they were told Geisel accepts 1/3, rejects 1/3, and waitlists 1/3 of interviewees. Does anyone know (inc. current students) if this MSAR data of 10-30 WL positions is accurate?

Im a bit confused because in the 2019-2020 SDN thread, someone said that they were told Geisel accepts 1/3, rejects 1/3, and waitlists 1/3 of interviewees. Does anyone know (inc. current students) if this MSAR data of 10-30 WL positions is accurate?
Unless the source you're referring to is from the school, I would guess that the MSAR WL position values are accurate. I can't see why they wouldn't update that value when they clearly updated the Acceptance Offers from year to year.

Of course, all of this is speculation based on the little details we do have. Mostly to comfort those of us on the waitlist hoping for good news in the coming weeks :confused:

Reactions: 2 users
For sending update letters/LOI, should I upload it in my portal or email it to admissions?

Peeps on the waitlist. Did y’all just receive an email?

Honestly confused about this too. Based on the amount of people on SDN who were WL, it seems like way more than 30 were placed on the WL. Just crossing my fingers that it works out for all of us.

On the website it states "Generally, fewer than 10 percent of applicants are offered a place on the wait list, and the number of candidates offered admission from the wait list varies, from zero in some years to dozens in others."

Honestly confused about this too. Based on the amount of people on SDN who were WL, it seems like way more than 30 were placed on the WL. Just crossing my fingers that it works out for all of us.

On the website it states "Generally, fewer than 10 percent of applicants are offered a place on the wait list, and the number of candidates offered admission from the wait list varies, from zero in some years to dozens in others."
If you're referencing this: Wait List, then I think that's talking about undergrad admissions unfortunately :/

Also got the WL email today. Hoping that 26/30 number is accurate!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know approx how many folks per year don't match for residency?
In looking at the 2022 match list, I'm seeing that it is larger than the class size which makes me think it includes folks from the previous year(s) who didn't match. Just curious!

In looking at the 2022 match list, I'm seeing that it is larger than the class size which makes me think it includes folks from the previous year(s) who didn't match. Just curious!
according to the students only about 1-2 don't match per year and have to SOAP. Not sure what makes for the larger class size in 2022 but I don't think there was an abnormally large unmatched group in 2021.

Went to second look and two people (a couple) did not match this year. It’s harder for couples to match

Is anyone in a boat where they interviewed in January and haven't heard anything? What should I expect?

I'm deciding between Geisel and another school right now, and am genuinely curious as to why Dartmouth is ranked lower than other schools even though their matches seem to be so strong? I know that it's partially bc Geisel is a small school, but that makes it concerning to me too. I guess do people know what the reputation of Geisel is even if it's ranked lower? Especially with Step 1 going p/f I feel like school strength really matters at this point. Sorry if this isn't what the thread was for - just didn't know where else to turn to. Any advice would be great, thanks!!

I'm deciding between Geisel and another school right now, and am genuinely curious as to why Dartmouth is ranked lower than other schools even though their matches seem to be so strong? I know that it's partially bc Geisel is a small school, but that makes it concerning to me too. I guess do people know what the reputation of Geisel is even if it's ranked lower? Especially with Step 1 going p/f I feel like school strength really matters at this point. Sorry if this isn't what the thread was for - just didn't know where else to turn to. Any advice would be great, thanks!!
My best guess would be it is ranked low because of the rural setting. If you look at the top tier schools like Harvard, UPenn, Johns Hopkins, they're all in major cities which increases exposure to all types of patients/conditions in medical school.

Withdrew my A yesterday. I hope it goes to one of you!!

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else furiously refreshing their email for WL updates even though I know well I won't receive anything til the 15th?

Reactions: 2 users
I don’t know if it means anything but I missed a call from Geisel this morning and got a voicemail to schedule a call back time.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
I can see people are joining our GroupMe, maybe these ppl are getting off the WL?

Can someone who is in the group chat maybe ask generally if anyone is aware of waitlist movement?

I don’t know if it means anything but I missed a call from Geisel this morning and got a voicemail to schedule a call back time.
Interesting, please keep us posted on what this call is about!