2021-2022 Dartmouth (Geisel)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone confirm if one interview is closed file and one interview is open file? I've seen outside sources say this but can't find anything that Dartmouth says themselves. Will they let us know on interview day?
My faculty interviewer chose not to read my file beforehand whereas the student interviewer knew my file really well and the questions he asked me were about my activities and PS

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone confirm if one interview is closed file and one interview is open file? I've seen outside sources say this but can't find anything that Dartmouth says themselves. Will they let us know on interview day?
The admissions team stated that interviewers may chose whether or not to read your application before the interview. Both of mine chose to read it beforehand, but that is not always the case.

Reactions: 1 users
From what I’ve seen on this page it looks like they almost always send out:
1. Pre interview rejection
2. Interview invite
3. Acceptance within a few weeks/month of interview (pre holidays it was 5-6 weeks, but post New Years it looks like they’re sent on fridays 3 weeks post interview)

It seems like after you interview if you don’t get accepted shortly after then you don’t hear anything. They rarely sent out post interview rejections/waitlist. So I guess that’s kind of a pre waitlist? I know on my interview day they said they were very conservative with acceptances because of the small class size and if you don’t hear back within a few weeks then you’re waiting until April no matter when you interviewed. But that probably means there will be a good amount of movement in April!

Members don't see this ad :)
So if I interviewed on 1/27 and haven’t heard back, I’m probably waitlisted/rejected? It been almost a month.

Both of my interviewers told me they didn't read my app beforehand because they wanted a fresh impression, but said would read it before giving their write up.

So if I interviewed on 1/27 and haven’t heard back, I’m probably waitlisted/rejected? It been almost a month.
Theoretically I think you should have heard back last Friday 2/18, but also this is going off of only like 2 people who have posted that they got accepted so who knows! just guessing here

Theoretically I think you should have heard back last Friday 2/18, but also this is going off of only like 2 people who have posted that they got accepted so who knows! just guessing here
Totally cool. Just curious. I’ve gotten an A at another school I love already so I’m chilling and just waiting for the rest of the cycle to play out.

Reactions: 2 users
Didn't think it was possible... II today! Complete in November.

Reactions: 4 users
@j_girl any idea when financial aid information is released to accepted students?
Seemed like a lot of people get it in March? I looked back and it looks like I got mine first few days of April. I didn’t fill my stuff out right away which is why I didn’t get mine until April (I think). Feel free to PM me if you have more specific questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea when September/October applicants who haven’t heard back yet will receive a decision?

Got the A this morning! I interviewed on Feb. 10th, did not send any letters post-interview.

Reactions: 5 users
Got the A this morning! I interviewed on Feb. 10th, did not send any letters post-interview.
Omg congrats !! I interviewed the same day and nothing yet… thought it went super well but now idk 😭

Does anyone have any updated information about when decisions will be released for those of us still awaiting post-interview results?
Based on what they said in my interview yesterday, it seems like if you don't hear in 3ish weeks from your interview you might be waiting for a while... potentially til April. Waiting could still result in an A though! Hope this helps.

Sorry to those who received Pre-II R's.

Anyone have any experience with submitting Pre-II interest letters? Considering doing it. Radio silence since late october submission. Really hoping for an interview.

Sorry to those who received Pre-II R's.

Anyone have any experience with submitting Pre-II interest letters? Considering doing it. Radio silence since late october submission. Really hoping for an interview.
I uploaded a pre-II letter of interest in November and got an II in January. Not sure if the letter made the difference but it can't hurt!

So there will be an in person / virtual 2nd look day on April 23rd at Geisel

Just got an II? Deff was not expecting that. Complete 8/26. Can anyone comment on their interview experience here? Positive? Negative? Stressful? Chill?

• Care
Just got an II. Complete late August. Was not expecting this lol

Do they accept post-II updates? I can't remember what they said and I don't want to hurt my odds

Pre-II R lol. As I was considering sending a letter of interest.

Pre II r yesterday. 509 and 4.0 complete mid august

• Care
Got an interview coming up, excited! Any tips for the interview? And are the questions more traditional or were some kind of unexpected?

Got an interview coming up, excited! Any tips for the interview? And are the questions more traditional or were some kind of unexpected?
A lot of unexpected Q’s (seems like my interviewers had lists of questions to ask to fill up the time till 30 min), but they weren’t hard to answer at all.

Great, thanks! Were any of them super hard to answer? Sorry for all of the questions lol. Startin to feel the nerves
I don't think either of my interviewers asked me any ethical questions, at least nothing too hard to be memorable. They were both super conversational and nice. Talked about books, my hometown, etc..

Great, thanks! Were any of them super hard to answer? Sorry for all of the questions lol. Startin to feel the nerves
Since I came from a big city, they asked me if I can see myself living in a small rural town. I also chose not to answer one question which I had no answer to on the spot and i literally said “i dont know the answer to that, sorry” lmao and the interviewer said thats ok you answered enough questions already (they have a list).

Mine were lowkey hard now that I’m contemplating about them (one interviewer even warned me before proceeding) but it felt very very conversational. Low stress overall, I wouldn’t sweat it. Also I’m 100% sure interviewers bring their own Q’s

I uploaded a pre-II letter of interest in November and got an II in January. Not sure if the letter made the difference but it can't hurt!
I also uploaded a pre-II letter of intent in December and got an II in January. Not sure about post-II letter of intent

II just now! Complete late August, sent a letter of update/continued interest a few weeks ago. So excited!!!

• Love
Unexpected II just now but will be turning it down.

II earlier today. The only date I saw was 3/24. LM 67 so I’m a bit shook 😳, complete 8/8.

For those that interviewed in like…..September, I think…? When do we get the post II decisions if we weren’t part of the first grouping?