-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Howard
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Insert Pablo Escobar meme for me
Nothing for anyone? Interviews or acceptances?
Im just experiencing a lot of anxiety. Going to the gym is helping me lolNothing for anyone? Interviews or acceptances?
I really like this school and appreciate how they let me know they read my application. Most schools don't even do that. Im hoping for some good news for all of us
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here. Glad you found a healthy outlet. Mine is studying to re-take the MCAT and hopefully I'll find a part-time research position soon too.Im just experiencing a lot of anxiety. Going to the gym is helping me lol
I really like this school and appreciate how they let me know they read my application. Most schools don't even do that. Im hoping for some good news for all of us
Check your spamHas anyone else received a 2-month secondary deadline reminder but never actually received a secondary email?
anyone else still waiting since august 🙂 i still have faith. i'll honestly be disappointed in them if I don't at least get an II, my app is Black af
I checked, there’s nothing there!Check your spam
I even tried the search bar that returned everything even spam email, but there’s nothing there.
Email the admissionsI checked, there’s nothing there!
I even tried the search bar that returned everything even spam email, but there’s nothing there.
Its like there was an initial wave and then a ripple only of IIsDo we think more IIs will go out before Thanksgiving? It would literally be a dream come true lol
Anyone else get an II this morning ?
Anyone else get an II this morning ?
Did you?
Was really hoping to hear back today, but didn’t.
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Wow another week of absolute silence. We’re probably not gonna hear till the New year lolAnother week of absolute silence from yours truly, HUCM! 😍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you get one?Anyone else get an II this morning ?
No but from what i heard from friends, some interviews were sent out this morning
Cupcakeee78
Full Member
According to last year's SDN thread some of people who got the reviewed email from early Oct to early Nov got IIs on 11/23 around noon (right before Thanksgiving). So holding out hope, that maybe next week might come another round of IIs.
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Last years 11/23 was the Tuesday before thanksgiving, so honestly if we don’t hear today we likely won’t hear for the rest of this weekAccording to last year's SDN thread some of people who got the reviewed email from early Oct to early Nov got IIs on 11/23 around noon (right before Thanksgiving). So holding out hope, that maybe next week might come another round of IIs.
Cupcakeee78
Full Member
The way at this point I am just like, "Let me log out until after Thanksgiving break". The wait is killing me...According to last year's SDN thread some of people who got the reviewed email from early Oct to early Nov got IIs on 11/23 around noon (right before Thanksgiving). So holding out hope, that maybe next week might come another round of IIs.
Last edited:
A few schools are going really slow this year. MSU CHM is another example.The way at this point I am just like, "Let me log out until after Thanksgiving break". The wait is killing me...
Schools like Howard and MSU really do a holistic review imo
Does Howard send out interviews Jan-March?
If you look through last year's thread they do interviews all the way up to early April. But after January you're most likely interviewing for waitlist spots from what I saw in that threadDoes Howard send out interviews Jan-March?
I haveHas any international student received an II
Omg where are you from and can I message youI have
Got my first A last week! They were a couple weeks behind on admission decisions. So don’t lose hope!!! Best of luck to everyone.
sureOmg where are you from and can I message you
I have
Where you from? Stats? If you don’t mind [emoji4]
D
deleted1061520
Any new interview invites?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Someone who just got accepted said they are behind by a couple weeks so I guess that applies to interviews toonot sure if Howard is just being slow with II batches or if the majority of IIs just don't post on this thread🤔
xoxogossipgirlxoxo
Full Member
II invite on 11/19, scheduled for 01/10 so still relatively early and they had availability through Dec/JanAny new interview invites?
iceylatte
Full Member
Congrats! When was your app complete?II invite on 11/19, scheduled for 01/10 so still relatively early and they had availability through Dec/Jan
D
deleted1061520
Congratulations!II invite on 11/19, scheduled for 01/10 so still relatively early and they had availability through Dec/Jan
xoxogossipgirlxoxo
Full Member
10/17 got the everything has been reviewed email, secondary in 9/9Congrats! When was your app complete?
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
Anyone complete early July with complete silence from Howard?
So…is howard not going to send IIs in batches anymore? 🥲🥲🥲
well mid july but yetAnyone complete early July with complete silence from Howard?
+1well mid july but yet
Howard first Fridays are a waste of time they just say they same thing every session. I need to hear more about the process of sending more interviews!
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Did they say this at First Friday?Apparently, they are not even at the halfway mark yet for interview invites. There's still a chance y'all, just gotta continue to be patient!🙏
iceylatte
Full Member
yes! per Ms. Williams-FolkesDid they say this at First Friday?
Hey y’all! Just wanted to wish you luck in your application process this year!
-HUCM Rising M3
Hello. Are any of you guys (or any other current students lurking this thread right now) available to answer any questions? There are some things I wanted to know that I can't find online on HUCM's website or are just personal student opinionsGood luck!!!!!
Remember to take care of yourselves during this lengthy process.
We are rooting for you
- Rising M2
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was looking for one too! We should make one. I know that there is a Facebook page with like 49 students as of today.Is there an accepted students chat?
mailbruin4577
Full Member
Received A today! My first MD acceptance [emoji24]
Interviewed on 11/29
Interviewed on 11/29
Received A today! My first MD acceptance [emoji24]
Interviewed on 11/29
Congratssss
Received an AMCAS application received email today. I think I got the first one a while back and I completed my secondary a bit ago.
Last edited:
Received A as well today! Interviewed 11/15 ☺️