2022-2023 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i submitted my secondary at the end of august and havent heard anything. should i be concerned šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my secondary mid-September, and got an email that my review was complete early October. Not sure if anyone else with this timeline has heard back about a II.

Looking at last year's thread - by the time the FB page hit ~85 (in early Feb), they had filled the class, nearly given out all interview slots with ~100 slots left (but interviews from mid-Feb forward for waitlist spots).

Hoping they may be more behind this cycle, but very unsure. Haven't sent in an update letter, so may do that at this rate and just see.

Reactions: 4 users
I submitted my secondary mid-September, and got an email that my review was complete early October. Not sure if anyone else with this timeline has heard back about a II.

Looking at last year's thread - by the time the FB page hit ~85 (in early Feb), they had filled the class, nearly given out all interview slots with ~100 slots left (but interviews from mid-Feb forward for waitlist spots).

Hoping they may be more behind this cycle, but very unsure. Haven't sent in an update letter, so may do that at this rate and just see.
We have the exact same timeline, I havenā€™t heard back either. According to the timeline section on their admissions website, they will be sending out rejections to those that havenā€™t received interview about a month from now, on march 15. Unfortunately, I think whatā€™s on their Facebook page may be accurate to the state of things. It seems like not a lot of people on here posts their II updates or majority of the II went to people who donā€™t use SDN, making it look like they are behind. Either way, keep hope alive. Itā€™s never over until itā€™s over

If anyone is going for first Friday tomorrow, please keep us updated with any new information.

Members don't see this ad :)

similar timeline II a month after under review for early January by that time class was full so not sure how things go from here? was WL and told thatā€™s the outcome expected before movement in April/May

Reactions: 1 users
similar timeline II a month after under review for early January by that time class was full so not sure how things go from here? was WL and told thatā€™s the outcome expected before movement in April/May
wait so the movement in april/may is only waitlist movement?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else having issues logging into the application gateway?
It looks like this isn't just a Howard problem, I've seen a couple other MD threads with students saying the same thing

Reactions: 1 user
Oh shoot they must be getting ready to send sum
They're just down right now ya'll. Also for those of you still waiting, don't lose hope, but just for reference, I spoke to someone in the office. If you are looking for updates, interview invites, acceptance/rejection updates, anything... typically expect them to come on Fridays.

Not trying to bring you down and your hopes for wanting something today, but just so you know how their schedule works.. here is an idea of what I was provided.

Typically, Mondays you will not hear anything as they are dealing with other responsibilities.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are interview days.

Thursdays are when the admissions committee meets to talk about the interviews for that week, and potential interview invites going forward.

With that being said decisions and interview invites are typically sent on Fridays. There is no rhyme or reason to when during the day they are sent it could be early morning/it could be midnight. Again there are exceptions to this, but typically that's when you will hear something.

This past Friday the school was closed, so you could get something today, but the fact that the system is down.. is kind of a multiple-school thing, so just letting ya'll know. Good luck!

Reactions: 15 users
They're just down right now ya'll. Also for those of you still waiting, don't lose hope, but just for reference, I spoke to someone in the office. If you are looking for updates, interview invites, acceptance/rejection updates, anything... typically expect them to come on Fridays.

Not trying to bring you down and your hopes for wanting something today, but just so you know how their schedule works.. here is an idea of what I was provided.

Typically, Mondays you will not hear anything as they are dealing with other responsibilities.

Tuesdays and Wednesdays are interview days.

Thursdays are when the admissions committee meets to talk about the interviews for that week, and potential interview invites going forward.

With that being said decisions and interview invites are typically sent on Fridays. There is no rhyme or reason to when during the day they are sent it could be early morning/it could be midnight. Again there are exceptions to this, but typically that's when you will hear something.

This past Friday the school was closed, so you could get something today, but the fact that the system is down.. is kind of a multiple-school thing, so just letting ya'll know. Good luck!

That makes complete sense

I did not expect the link for friday to be sent today so my heart dropped when i got the email for it lollšŸ˜«šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Link for Friday? Iā€™m confusion. Is it invite only?
Howard hosts virtual tours/Q&Aā€™s every first Friday of the month (this one is on Feb 10 because the campus was closed on Feb 3). There is a link to it on the secondary invite email

Dear HUCM,

I wanna take you to church todayā€¦ Iā€™ve been working on trusting Godā€™s promises and having more faith. Hebrews 11:1-3, 6 says my faith in God and my acts of faith are pleasing to Him. So with faith in hand I want to thank you, Howard, in advance for my medical school acceptance and propelling me forward in my aspirations of becoming a physician.

Amen!?

Sincerely,
An incoming HUCM student

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 32 users
Dear HUCM,

I wanna take you to church todayā€¦ Iā€™ve been working on trusting Godā€™s promises and having more faith. Hebrews 11:1-3, 6 says my faith in God and my acts of faith are pleasing to Him. So with faith in hand I want to thank you, Howard, in advance for my medical school acceptance and propelling me forward in my aspirations of becoming a physician.

Amen!?

Sincerely,
An incoming HUCM student
GIF by TV One

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Dear HUCM,

Amen!?

Sincerely,
An incoming HUCM student
Amen It will happen for you. I believe and agree with you by Faith

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
They didnā€™t say. They just said itā€™s open till April

Hey guys. i just got a ii. Super excited since itā€™s my top school. I would love for any tips for the interview and how yā€™all prepared for it. Thanks!

• Love
Reactions: 16 users
Yayy!! Congrats can I ask when were you complete

Hey guys. i just got a ii. Super excited since itā€™s my top school. I would love for any tips for the interview and how yā€™all prepared for it. Thanks!
Congrats on your interview :)

The best way to prepare is to look at the questions in the interview feedback link in the very first post of the thread.
It was a low stress interview. (But this is dependent on who you get as an interviewer.)

My interview wasn't too structured, any question that was asked kinda drifted into conversation on the topic.
The interview is open file, but my interview said that they are discouraged from bringing up things like your MCAT score (though idk how many of them follow that)

Good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats on your interview :)

The best way to prepare is to look at the questions in the interview feedback link in the very first post of the thread.
It was a low stress interview. (But this is dependent on who you get as an interviewer.)

My interview wasn't too structured, any question that was asked kinda drifted into conversation on the topic.
The interview is open file, but my interview said that they are discouraged from bringing up things like your MCAT score (though idk how many of them follow that)

Good luck!
thank you!

Congrats !! I love to see Howards cycle moving :) Did you send an update letter ?

I'm seriously convinced that Howard sends interviews and acceptances person by person this cycle lolol. When u look at last years thread u can see that even around Feb/March, multiple people were hearing back about IIs or acceptances on the same day/time

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Interview thru April and invites approx 1 month before interview date meaning people should be getting IIs through March yay!

I'm seriously convinced that Howard sends interviews and acceptances person by person this cycle lolol. When u look at last years thread u can see that even around Feb/March, multiple people were hearing back about IIs or acceptances on the same day/time
somewhat true, also rn is kinda weird timing.. I know personally I was WL, and not everyone wants to share that.. also after Jan 1 it is more likely to see more WL just because it can be assumed (idk this for sure) that a large majority of the class has been filled. That's not to scare ya'll! Many people get off the WL based on other years' threads and just a coincidence of initially accepted students choosing other schools. Ya'll are next:xf: