2022-2023 Howard

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is actually crazy. Some time ago, I went through past years threads for Howard from last year's cycle to back to 2019-2020 and I dont remember seeing any post II rejections being reported on SDN (or i missed them who knows) but we have 2 in this years thread.

I guess either post II rejections weren't reported as much or Howard's gotten more selective 🙁
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
could u please share ur stats? that is if you are comfortable 🙂 thanks and congrats!!!
yes
undergraduate cGPA: 3.2
undergraduate sGPA: 2.7
SMP GPA: 4.0
MCAT: , 494, 497, 500
this was my second time applying.. if your stats are subpar, please do not let anyone convince you to give up. if I had listened to people on SDN, reddit and in my life I would have never applied. your GPA and MCAT do not define you. I did hella extracurriculars, worked hard on my personal statement and in my SMP. there's more to your app than your stats.
 
yes
undergraduate cGPA: 3.2
undergraduate sGPA: 2.7
SMP GPA: 4.0
MCAT: , 494, 497, 500
this was my second time applying.. if your stats are subpar, please do not let anyone convince you to give up. if I had listened to people on SDN, reddit and in my life I would have never applied. your GPA and MCAT do not define you. I did hella extracurriculars, worked hard on my personal statement and in my SMP. there's more to your app than your stats.
Your SMP GPA is superb! Congrats! Hope you get in!
 
yes
undergraduate cGPA: 3.2
undergraduate sGPA: 2.7
SMP GPA: 4.0
MCAT: , 494, 497, 500
this was my second time applying.. if your stats are subpar, please do not let anyone convince you to give up. if I had listened to people on SDN, reddit and in my life I would have never applied. your GPA and MCAT do not define you. I did hella extracurriculars, worked hard on my personal statement and in my SMP. there's more to your app than your stats.
This is very encouraging and I wish you the best of luck with your interview. Hope you get in!🤞🏽
 
I haven’t heard anything so I’m assuming I’m gonna get my R soon lol.

However, my friend was placed on a “low MCAT hold”when he submitted and he wanted to know if it’d be worth sending an update letter? I told him I didn’t think so but I wanted to come on here and ask for him anyway.
a low MCAT hold likely means they don't meet the 494 MCAT requirement. I'm a reapplicant and when I applied here before, i got an MCAT hold email that said they would hold for an updated MCAT that met the requirement.
 
I haven’t heard anything so I’m assuming I’m gonna get my R soon lol.

However, my friend was placed on a “low MCAT hold”when he submitted and he wanted to know if it’d be worth sending an update letter? I told him I didn’t think so but I wanted to come on here and ask for him anyway.

“Low MCAT hold”? Where do you find that information, via email?
 
a low MCAT hold likely means they don't meet the 494 MCAT requirement. I'm a reapplicant and when I applied here before, i got an MCAT hold email that said they would hold for an updated MCAT that met the requirement.

Thanks for responding. He asked: “is it an automatic R since the last month they accepted new scores was January? even if I’m only 1 point below the requirement?”
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know the post-interview decision timeline? it seems to be about 2-3 weeks at this time of the cycle.

Also, are any decisions coming out as As or only WLs at this point in the cycle?
 
Yeah I’m curious as to what each of the possibilities are post interview? Especially if the class is nearly full. Are they still accepting some, is there a WL and an AL or are those the same?
 
Does anyone know the post-interview decision timeline? it seems to be about 2-3 weeks at this time of the cycle.

Also, are any decisions coming out as As or only WLs at this point in the cycle?
There’s a lot of reporting bias, so it is hard to tell. And yes, the decisions tend to be released 2-3 weeks after, at the latest.
Yeah I’m curious as to what each of the possibilities are post interview? Especially if the class is nearly full. Are they still accepting some, is there a WL and an AL or are those the same?
WL and AL are the same.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How full is the class rn, does anyone know?
I really think all A’s have been given out but I could be wrong. During my interview, they kept telling us basically don’t be discouraged if you get waitlisted/ made getting an A at that stage sound very unlikely but wanted to keep hope alive.I interviewed at the end of January so if anyone got accepted around then and can dispute what I said, that’d be great.
 
I really think all A’s have been given out but I could be wrong. During my interview, they kept telling us basically don’t be discouraged if you get waitlisted/ made getting an A at that stage sound very unlikely but wanted to keep hope alive.I interviewed at the end of January so if anyone got accepted around then and can dispute what I said, that’d be great.
Have u heard back from them yet, like a post interview decision?