2022-2023 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
somewhat true, also rn is kinda weird timing.. I know personally I was WL, and not everyone wants to share that.. also after Jan 1 it is more likely to see more WL just because it can be assumed (idk this for sure) that a large majority of the class has been filled. That's not to scare ya'll! Many people get off the WL based on other years' threads and just a coincidence of initially accepted students choosing other schools. Ya'll are next:xf:
Did you already interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
WHEWWW got hit with my first post-II R. I got acceptances at other places but this one stung. I thought it was Black History Month LOL

Interviewed 2/1

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 13 users
WHEWWW got hit with my first post-II R. I got acceptances at other places but this one stung. I thought it was Black History Month LOL
Howard and morehouse coming strong this morning

Reactions: 3 users

IMG_6296.jpg

During BHM?!?!

• Haha
Reactions: 20 users
This is actually crazy. Some time ago, I went through past years threads for Howard from last year's cycle to back to 2019-2020 and I dont remember seeing any post II rejections being reported on SDN (or i missed them who knows) but we have 2 in this years thread.

I guess either post II rejections weren't reported as much or Howard's gotten more selective 🙁

Interviewed 2/1
How did you feel after the interview? did you feel like you aced it or did you have any doubts, etc?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey folks I just made this account to offer some hope to those that think it's over.. I've been keeping up with this thread. I got an interview invite on Saturday night at around 8 pm. there were 22 slots for me to choose from. have some hope y'all!!!

• Love
hey folks I just made this account to offer some hope to those that think it's over.. I've been keeping up with this thread. I got an interview invite on Saturday night at around 8 pm. there were 22 slots for me to choose from. have some hope y'all!!!
22 slots ?? What day ??

Reactions: 1 user
God please I see what you do for others, please do the same for me!! And btw congrats!

Reactions: 15 users
Hi everyone! I also received an II this past Saturday. 7/28 complete date.

Reactions: 7 users
could u please share ur stats? that is if you are comfortable :) thanks and congrats!!!
yes
undergraduate cGPA: 3.2
undergraduate sGPA: 2.7
SMP GPA: 4.0
MCAT: , 494, 497, 500
this was my second time applying.. if your stats are subpar, please do not let anyone convince you to give up. if I had listened to people on SDN, reddit and in my life I would have never applied. your GPA and MCAT do not define you. I did hella extracurriculars, worked hard on my personal statement and in my SMP. there's more to your app than your stats.

• Love
yes
this was my second time applying.. if your stats are subpar, please do not let anyone convince you to give up. if I had listened to people on SDN, reddit and in my life I would have never applied. your GPA and MCAT do not define you. I did hella extracurriculars, worked hard on my personal statement and in my SMP. there's more to your app than your stats.
Your SMP GPA is superb! Congrats! Hope you get in!

Reactions: 2 users
yes
This is very encouraging and I wish you the best of luck with your interview. Hope you get in!🤞🏽

I haven’t heard anything so I’m assuming I’m gonna get my R soon lol.

However, my friend was placed on a “low MCAT hold”when he submitted and he wanted to know if it’d be worth sending an update letter? I told him I didn’t think so but I wanted to come on here and ask for him anyway.

However, my friend was placed on a “low MCAT hold”when he submitted and he wanted to know if it’d be worth sending an update letter? I told him I didn’t think so but I wanted to come on here and ask for him anyway.
a low MCAT hold likely means they don't meet the 494 MCAT requirement. I'm a reapplicant and when I applied here before, i got an MCAT hold email that said they would hold for an updated MCAT that met the requirement.

“Low MCAT hold”? Where do you find that information, via email?

a low MCAT hold likely means they don't meet the 494 MCAT requirement. I'm a reapplicant and when I applied here before, i got an MCAT hold email that said they would hold for an updated MCAT that met the requirement.

Thanks for responding. He asked: “is it an automatic R since the last month they accepted new scores was January? even if I’m only 1 point below the requirement?”

“Low MCAT hold”? Where do you find that information, via email?
It's an email they send to applicants when your MCAT is below 494 and January MCAT scores are still pending. Basically they waiting for a higher score

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for responding. He asked: “is it an automatic R since the last month they accepted new scores was January? even if I’m only 1 point below the requirement?”
I can't say for sure, but I would assume that if they're below the requirement, then they won't be interviewed for this cycle.

Howard is not internationally friendly. a 510+ is a red flag for some reason
They actually are internationally friendly. HBCUs have educated a lot of African physicians. Its just that med school acceptance gets more and more competitive as time goes on. Hang in there!

They actually are internationally friendly. HBCUs have educated a lot of African physicians. Its just that med school acceptance gets more and more competitive as time goes on. Hang in there!
not based on msar data>they accepted about 8 last year

Reactions: 1 users
yeah... you never know, anything can happen btw now and April

would anyone who has already interviewed be willing to answer a few questions i have? thanks so much!

Does anyone know the post-interview decision timeline? it seems to be about 2-3 weeks at this time of the cycle.

Also, are any decisions coming out as As or only WLs at this point in the cycle?