2022-2023 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I’m curious as to what each of the possibilities are post interview? Especially if the class is nearly full. Are they still accepting some, is there a WL and an AL or are those the same?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know the post-interview decision timeline? it seems to be about 2-3 weeks at this time of the cycle.

Also, are any decisions coming out as As or only WLs at this point in the cycle?
There’s a lot of reporting bias, so it is hard to tell. And yes, the decisions tend to be released 2-3 weeks after, at the latest.
Yeah I’m curious as to what each of the possibilities are post interview? Especially if the class is nearly full. Are they still accepting some, is there a WL and an AL or are those the same?
WL and AL are the same.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How full is the class rn, does anyone know?
I really think all A’s have been given out but I could be wrong. During my interview, they kept telling us basically don’t be discouraged if you get waitlisted/ made getting an A at that stage sound very unlikely but wanted to keep hope alive.I interviewed at the end of January so if anyone got accepted around then and can dispute what I said, that’d be great.

Reactions: 6 users
I really think all A’s have been given out but I could be wrong. During my interview, they kept telling us basically don’t be discouraged if you get waitlisted/ made getting an A at that stage sound very unlikely but wanted to keep hope alive.I interviewed at the end of January so if anyone got accepted around then and can dispute what I said, that’d be great.
Have u heard back from them yet, like a post interview decision?

Withdrew my acceptance here, best of luck to everyone in the running!! <3

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users
How did yall send an update letter or letter of intent to them?

Members don't see this ad :)
yo, they said Thursday is committee meeting day and that Friday could be the earliest date we hear back. Just curious, has anyone actually heard back within 10-14 days after their interview, and does that statement mean decisions only come out on Fridays?

Lol schools really be like oh we'll totally tell you asap and then leave you hanging for half a year

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
yo, they said Thursday is committee meeting day and that Friday could be the earliest date we hear back. Just curious, has anyone actually heard back within 10-14 days after their interview, and does that statement mean decisions only come out on Fridays?

Howard is pretty fast, I didn’t take more than 2 weeks to hear back if I recall correctly (this was in Oct)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hey y’all for Fasfa did y’all put on campus or off campus?

Does anybody know how long it takes to get financial award information for somebody that may get picked up off of the waitlist?

does anyone know when one can expect to see movement on the waitlist?

(This is just my opinion) but maybe within the next 2-2.5 weeks? I think they’re gonna be sending out Rs around 3/15 so I would imagine that time will also include people withdrawing As while they assemble their incoming class.

are they doing a first Friday tmrw? and what are the times for that?

are they doing a first Friday tmrw? and what are the times for that?
yes, tomorrow is the last First Friday for this cycle. Starts at 12 PM EST and usually ends at around 3 PM.

Reactions: 4 users
If anyone from here is going, may you please ask about the current situation with their decision release dates? Like, if they are behind or not on making decisions for those who have interviewed mid to late February? Thank you!

If anyone from here is going, may you please ask about the current situation with their decision release dates? Like, if they are behind or not on making decisions for those who have interviewed mid to late February? Thank you!
they aren't. in the follow up email after the interview, they should send some information on the latest date you could possibly receive a decision. That date is accurate, you just have to wait. it may come before then, but it definitely will not come after. There was only one person who I have seen reported not hearing back on that date and it was because there was an error on Howard's side. But again, you have to wait until the date they gave you to start calling admissions

Does anyone else feel so mentally exhausted from putting yourself out there on First Fridays and just not hearing anything back at all? At this point you can give out the R's I hate the false hope lol

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
Per ms Williams-Fowlkes "we are still inviting students for interview. We are trying to fill 130 seats, and will continue moving forward with the process until all seats are filled. Rejection letters will start going out in mid March to late June for students who did not meet the 494 MCAT cut point, students who had incomplete applications. All other applicants that submitted completely and met the cut point will stay under review until we are able to fill our class."

• Care
Reactions: 11 users
They didn't say how many interviews are left but someone asked about the facebook group (lol) and if it reflects the amount of people in the class but Mrs WIlliams-Fowlkes said no because not all accepted students join the group

Reactions: 2 users
Here is some more info from Ms Williams Fowlkes "Please note that we only have 130 seats, so there are MANY HIGHLY competitive applicants that we do not invite for interview and its just because we have a high applicant pool and a small number of seats. For this cycle we had 8599 applications of which 5454 completed the secondary process. However about 1000 applicants did not meet the 494 cutpoint, but the other 3500 plus applicants we have not invited could be invited in the next few weeks to fill out April dates."

Reactions: 12 users
Got put on the alternate list. Received the email about an hour ago. Hoping for some movement in the next couple weeks.

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Howard is not internationally friendly. a 510+ is a red flag for some reason
disagree I have/ am both and have an acceptance dont give up hope. They dont stop interviewing till april and WL has movement