You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Howard
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wooo congrats. Do you mind sharing your stats?II received!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II received!
Congrats!!!! I’m so jealous. When did you submit and the recieve the reviewed email?
sure~ cGPA: 3.49, BCPM GPA: 3.48, 2nd quartile Casper, App marked complete on 8/25Wooo congrats. Do you mind sharing your stats?
Edit: MCAT: 507
ayeee congratss
Anybody with less than a 3.4 receive an II?
sure~ cGPA: 3.49, BCPM GPA: 3.48, 2nd quartile Casper, App marked complete on 8/25
Edit: MCAT: 507
You give me hope. My stats are almost identical with exception of my GPAs being different!! Good luck.
D
deleted833891
I did. I had a 3.1 ish but 516 MCATAnybody with less than a 3.4 receive an II?
I got the Amcas reviewed email on the 29th, did all y’all who receive interviews get it before the 29th
II today. OOS. LM 76. Submitted 8/10.
Congratulations!!!! What time did you get the email if you don’t mind?
noMoreGapYears
Full Member
Lol yes very much so, on last years thread the applicants with 510+ were the first ones offered spots 🥹🥹🥹Oh so there sending it to the cream of the crop first before other applicants lol!
Lol yes very much so, on last years thread the applicants with 510+ were the first ones offered spots 🥹🥹🥹
Not sure if this gives any hope but my mcat is <506, II today!
D
deleted1061520
Congratulations. This definitely gives hope. When did you receive the application reviewed email?Not sure if this gives any hope but my mcat is <506, II today!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations. This definitely gives hope. When did you receive the application reviewed email?
Thanks! 7/19 I got my complete email and from that I got the II today…
D
deleted1061520
Ok. It’s good to know that not everyone receives the AMCAS and Secondary reviewed email before II.Thanks! 7/19 I got my complete email and from that I got the II today…
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
when did you get your AMCAS reviewed email?Thanks! 7/19 I got my complete email and from that I got the II today…
Any internationals with II?
when did you get your AMCAS reviewed email?
I didn’t get that unless I mistakenly deleted that specific email…
Any internationals with II?
Still waiting
Future_Med22
Full Member
How many more rounds of interview invites do you think they will have? Is it one round a month?
its still early! last one was like a month ago so maybe in another monthHow many more rounds of interview invites do you think they will have? Is it one round a month?
So we’re not getting anymore invites today??
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
the subject should be “FROM HOWARD U COLLEGE OF MEDICINE - AMCAS Application Reviewed”I didn’t get that unless I mistakenly deleted that specific email…
I guess your cGPA or sGPA must be really high, though.Not sure if this gives any hope but my mcat is <506, II today!
I guess your cGPA or sGPA must be really high, though.
It’s both 3.9, with meaningful volunteering and a lot of clinicals
I am kind of confused. I received FAP and Howard contacted me today to pay the secondary fee. Does Howard send a complete email after? Or is the "application reviewed" email the only thing we receive after they review our apps?
I am kind of confused. I received FAP and Howard contacted me today to pay the secondary fee. Does Howard send a complete email after? Or is the "application reviewed" email the only thing we receive after they review our apps?
Same thing happened to me. I messaged them when I submitted my secondary but they messaged back that they don’t consider the fee waivers. You have to pay the $75
oh yea, I paid the fee. My question was whether we receive a complete email after we pay the fee. Did you receive anything from them after the payment?Same thing happened to me. I messaged them when I submitted my secondary but they messaged back that they don’t consider the fee waivers. You have to pay the $75
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
oh yea, I paid the fee. My question was whether we receive a complete email after we pay the fee. Did you receive anything from them after the payment?
Oh yes. I got a complete email. The subject header was “FROM HOWARD U COLLEGE OF MEDICINE - YOUR SECONDARY HAS BEEN RECEIVED”.
oh great, thank you! Do you remember how long it took them to confirm your secondary app?Oh yes. I got a complete email. The subject header was “FROM HOWARD U COLLEGE OF MEDICINE - YOUR SECONDARY HAS BEEN RECEIVED”.
oh great, thank you! Do you remember how long it took them to confirm your secondary app?
About 2 days for the application received email and then I got the application reviewed email a month later.
Thank you!About 2 days for the application received email and then I got the application reviewed email a month later.
Anyone who interviewed, was your casper in the 3rd/4th quartile? Is casper real important for them?
D
deleted833891
Had a 1st quartile score.Anyone who interviewed, was your casper in the 3rd/4th quartile? Is casper real important for them?
Bless ! Goodluck to you!Had a 1st quartile score.
Not that I know ofIs there a status portal ?
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Idk how many specifically but they’ve had 2 batches of II’s released. One on 8/26, second on 9/21.Anyone know how many interviews have gone out?
For the guys that already interviewed, what was the interview like?
Yea, any information would be appreciated
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how to find the First Friday registration link for next Friday?
So this school requires Organic chemistry 2 lab?
Admission & Aid | Howard University College of Medicine
Can someone help me understand this II concept? So if we were reviewed already , both primary and secondary but have not received an II in the last set of invites , our app is done? They move on the next set of apps or there’s some algorithm and they might still send us the invites later?
D
deleted833891
After having primary and secondaries reviewed, it could be weeks or months until you receive an II. There's no algorithm; I believe they do a manual, holistic review and make a committee decision. I suggest looking at past year threads and you'll see some who were complete in early september and didnt receive an II until november/decemberCan someone help me understand this II concept? So if we were reviewed already , both primary and secondary but have not received an II in the last set of invites , our app is done? They move on the next set of apps or there’s some algorithm and they might still send us the invites later?
I also think that Howard has a longer interview season than other schools do. It's still very early for themCan someone help me understand this II concept? So if we were reviewed already , both primary and secondary but have not received an II in the last set of invites , our app is done? They move on the next set of apps or there’s some algorithm and they might still send us the invites later?