2022-2023 Howard

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the guys that already interviewed, what was the interview like?
It's honestly a regular conversation with "standard" medical school interview questions. It's very relaxed. If you know how to hold a conversation and clearly articulate your thoughts, you'll be fine.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How do I pay the $75. My AAMC fee assistance was applied and I couldn't pay the fee after submitting my secondary app
 
Does anyone know if Howard sent any other II's since the 9/21 batch? And those of you who got the II in that batch, when are you guys interviewing?
 
Does anyone know if Howard sent any other II's since the 9/21 batch? And those of you who got the II in that batch, when are you guys interviewing?
Idk about other IIs sent, but I received mine from 9/21 batch. I'm interviewing 10/25.

The other options I think were the 11th and 12th, but those spots seemed to have filled up first so I was assigned the later date
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is Howard first Friday a waste of time??
To me, it wasn’t. They went over some good information about their admissions process, their curriculum and boards, and different ways to get involved at the school. There are also current students that attend and answer questions during a Q&A at the end.
 
Ok!! Thanks I really just wanted to know when they send II and how frequent. I already know about the school,etc…
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have an idea of how many II’s they send per batch lol 🫣 They’ve only sent out 2 batches and the first A’s supposed to be sent as early as next week (Oct 15)
 
Given the fact they only invite 380 in total. My heart I can’t take it. Has anyone who got the app reviewed email on August 27th and above received an II?
I haven’t received app reviewed email yet. Secondary submitted about a month ago.
 
Heres exactly what was said responding to someones question in the chat:: “We don't have a specific schedule in when we send out invites. We are trying to get through the 5000+ applications that we have received, and honestly it is the luck of the draw. Every student has a unique and different story and journey to medical school, so there is not methodology that I can share. We plan to interview about 400 students this cycle and we have only invited 100 students so far so we still have a lot more interviews to extend at this time.”

There’s still hope everyone lets keep our heads up 🙂
 
Does anyone know how many spots Howard has for matriculating students? MSAR says about 120. Has that number increased because it looks like the number of interview invites has.
 
Although I’m glad to hear that Howard has ~70% more IIs to send out, I’m just sooo exhausted especially as a reapp. I can’t imagine myself playing this waiting game until next year, but here we gooooooo. We got this everyone!

In the same exact situation as you. Its emotionally draining, but nonetheless I’m working on improving my app for next year in the event it comes to that. Hopefully it doesn’t!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Given the fact they only invite 380 in total. My heart I can’t take it. Has anyone who got the app reviewed email on August 27th and above received an II?
I got the app reviewed email on August 26th, and it’s been silence from them ever since.
 
Given the fact they only invite 380 in total. My heart I can’t take it. Has anyone who got the app reviewed email on August 27th and above received an II?
Where did you find out that only 380 II total?

Did you mean acceptances ?