You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Howard
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hope this helps, this was from their info-session.
Anyone received: We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine. email? How long after that do they send you Rejection or II?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ricksthedr
Full Member
Anyone received: We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine. email? How long after that do they send you Rejection or II?
i got that at the end of aug! seems like everyone does
I got my II two days after that emailAnyone received: We have received and reviewed your AMCAS Primary and Secondary Applications for admission consideration for the M.D. degree program at Howard University's College of Medicine. email? How long after that do they send you Rejection or II?
Same got mines end of august, august 28th I believe
Any interview advice from people who have already interviewed? Anything I should be prepared for?
D
deleted1061520
I haven’t received that email yet.i got that at the end of aug! seems like everyone does
D
deleted1061520
I just received the application reviewed email.I haven’t received that email yet.
+1I just received the application reviewed email.
Just know your application and have your basic interview questions/anecdotes down pat. Good luck!Any last minute interview tips? Tomorrow is the dayyyy
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
what were your complete date?
Submitted my secondary 9/16.what were your complete date?
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
😂😂😭😭 Yea I actually think my school screwed with my alumni email cuz they recently updated our emails and restricted our access to google sheets. I submitted it on 7/5 and haven't heard anything.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh no. The email says not to contact them about status updates, but can you email them and ask if they have sent any communication since July?😂😂😭😭 Yea I actually think my school screwed with my alumni email cuz they recently updated our emails and restricted our access to google sheets. I submitted it on 7/5 and haven't heard anything.
+2 it got my heart beating for a second there
YoloAny last minute interview tips? Tomorrow is the dayyyy
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
True. Thank you though.Oh no. The email says not to contact them about status updates, but can you email them and ask if they have sent any communication since July?
iceylatte
Full Member
+3. hoping we hear some good news soon!+2 it got my heart beating for a second there
Just know your application and have your basic interview questions/anecdotes down pat. Good luck!
Thank you much!
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Any movement? II's or A's?
If you read through the thread they've sent them toward the end of each month since Aug. If that trend continues, its likely that the next batch of II will be sent out next week or the following week.Any movement? II's or A's?
How did it go? And do you have any tips lol. I interview here in a little over a week.Thank you much!
Did they ask why Howard??I interviewed a few days ago. It was very chill especially when compared to a couple other places I interviewed with. The faculty is so nice. You don't have to stress about anything. Its just a normal interview with typical interview questions. I didn't feel like they were out to get me, they just wanted to get to know me.
hmmm.. glad I applied DO lmaooMrs William-Fowlkes just wrote that they’ve invited 100 students so far
I received the app reviewed email but no IIGiven the fact they only invite 380 in total. My heart I can’t take it. Has anyone who got the app reviewed email on August 27th and above received an II?
D
deleted1146619
Just got the A!
In contrast to starryshi, my interview was one of the most technically challenging interviews I have had so far. So just in case, to future interviewees, be ready to supply concrete examples and be able to dig deep into anything you say. While this may seem intuitive, other interviews I have gone on have tended to be more breadth than depth (i.e. like 30+ topics, lol), whereas my Howard one was the opposite. Pleasant nonetheless 🙂 but different than I expected.
In contrast to starryshi, my interview was one of the most technically challenging interviews I have had so far. So just in case, to future interviewees, be ready to supply concrete examples and be able to dig deep into anything you say. While this may seem intuitive, other interviews I have gone on have tended to be more breadth than depth (i.e. like 30+ topics, lol), whereas my Howard one was the opposite. Pleasant nonetheless 🙂 but different than I expected.
from last year's thread, people said the interview was very relaxed and conversational. can anyone who interviewed this year attest to that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did you interview?Acceptance received this morning.
Actually anyone who got an A this morning, when did you interview lolWhen did you interview?
Congrats buddy
D
deleted833891
A! I'm so happy I'm crying!
Wow congrats everyone. I wish Howard communicated more because I’m still waiting for an II and was complete early agugust
Same.Wow congrats everyone. I wish Howard communicated more because I’m still waiting for an II and was complete early agugust
I’m getting stressed
Just receive acceptance! Interviewed 9/13
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
I believe they’ll send more II’s in the next week/few weeks. Lets not lose hope y’all.
Join the club. My level of stress has actually increased post-interviews (not this school others). Its a stressful process.I’m getting stressed
Anyone accepted considering not matriculating? Maybe you got accepted elsewhere or have your eye on another program? I support you!
Interviewed 10/11 accepted today!
Congrats! Thats a really great turnaround timeInterviewed 10/11 accepted today!
I interview Oct 25, I hope the turnaround is just as quick 🥺
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
do you mind sharing ur stats?Interviewed 10/11 accepted today!
3.86 undergrad GPA, 503 MCAT, URM. also went to Howard for undergraddo you mind sharing ur stats?
Any 10/12ers get an acceptance?
I think 10/12 interviews will hear back by 10/31 according to the post interview email