-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Howard
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just wondering if more IIs have gone out?
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
There will likely be more II’s slowly being sent out in the next 3 weeks. We just have to stay patient 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II received today. Dates available this month and a few next month. LM 68 urm. Complete 8/18 and amcas reviewed email on 9/14.
1:18 pmCongrats! What time did it come in?
Seems like a lot more people got it in the first few invites but also hoping they have more and they’ll send it in between today and tomorrow
Seems like a lot more people got it in the first few invites but also hoping they have more and they’ll send it in between today and tomorrow
Don’t they send them all a batch at a time?
I mean that’s what I thought so too but last batch a lot more people on SDN got the II. I know not everyone uses SDN but still like just one person out of the whole batch makes me think either a very small number or II went out today or it’s just meDon’t they send them all a batch at a time?
futureblackmed
Full Member
Il today! MCAT 502, gpa 3.8. reapplicant out of state. wishing the best to everyone & congrats to those accepted!
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Congrats 🙂 When did you submit your secondary?Il today! MCAT 502, gpa 3.8. reapplicant out of state. wishing the best to everyone & congrats to those accepted!
futureblackmed
Full Member
thank you! 8/26! so it’s been about 8 weeksCongrats 🙂 When did you submit your secondary?
Any international students hear from this school yet? Any new batch of IIs?
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
Anyone complete in July not heard anything since? At this point, I am thinking about withdrawing my application.
Same boat. Don’t do that just yet. I would wait until January/February at leastAnyone complete in July not heard anything since? At this point, I am thinking about withdrawing my application.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iceylatte
Full Member
have you gotten the application reviewed email yet?Anyone complete in July not heard anything since? At this point, I am thinking about withdrawing my application.
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
I am grateful to have been accepted at another school. I have mostly withdrawn from all other schools except the 3 HBCUS, which I am considering if given an invite, but I also don't want to hold out till late in the cycle considering I was complete at most of my schools in July/August.Same boat. Don’t do that just yet. I would wait until January/February at least
No I have not.have you gotten the application reviewed email yet?
I think you have to be VERY patient with HBCUs. You have nothing to lose by waiting, and a lot to lose by withdrawing your application.
Same boat. Applied in Aug.Same boat. Don’t do that just yet. I would wait until January/February at least
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the people who were recently accepted have 21 days to accept/decline (according to MSAR). We should start to hear more on the week Nov 7 in that case. It’s really just a waiting game unfortunately.Anyone complete in July not heard anything since? At this point, I am thinking about withdrawing my application.
D
deleted833891
It’s 14 daysCorrect me if I’m wrong, but I believe the people who were recently accepted have 21 days to accept/decline (according to MSAR). We should start to hear more on the week Nov 7 in that case. It’s really just a waiting game unfortunately.
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
It's not necessarily that. It just that they have no way of communicating with us about the status of our application considering we took 4 yrs of undergrad, maybe gap years, paid significant amount of money to apply, but yet no decency to update us on our status throughout the cycle. They also hate us asking about status when we called, which is unprofessional in my opinion.Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the people who were recently accepted have 21 days to accept/decline (according to MSAR). We should start to hear more on the week Nov 7 in that case. It’s really just a waiting game unfortunately.
iceylatte
Full Member
This is unfortunately the case for many schools. And it's likely due to the amount of applications each school receives. The whole process is a big waiting game, just have to be patient.It's not necessarily that. It just that they have no way of communicating with us about the status of our application considering we took 4 yrs of undergrad, maybe gap years, paid significant amount of money to apply, but yet no decency to update us on our status throughout the cycle. They also hate us asking about status when we called, which is unprofessional in my opinion.
Personally, I would keep my options open in case the financial aid package is undesired. But if this school is preferred over the others/ it's your #1, do what you need to do. Congrats on the acceptance!I am grateful to have been accepted at another school. I have mostly withdrawn from all other schools except the 3 HBCUS, which I am considering if given an invite, but I also don't want to hold out till late in the cycle considering I was complete at most of my schools in July/August.
No I have not.
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
Thank you. I will keep options open. If January/February rolls around and I haven't heard a thing from them, then I will withdrawal.Personally, I would keep my options open in case the financial aid package is undesired. But if this school is preferred over the others/ it's your #1, do what you need to do. Congrats on the acceptance!
ricksthedr
Full Member
Personally, I would keep my options open in case the financial aid package is undesired. But if this school is preferred over the others/ it's your #1, do what you need to do. Congrats on the acceptance!
also i’d like to add that you already spent the money to apply so there’s nothing really to loose to keep your application there but potentially a lot to gain.
Howard and Tulane are the two coldest
So very true. My son completed the secondary here in August and received an II in December. Interviewed in January and was accepted less than a week post interview.I think you have to be VERY patient with HBCUs. You have nothing to lose by waiting, and a lot to lose by withdrawing your application.
Is anyone else patiently waiting to see their decision post II? lol I can't stop refreshing my email
When did you interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1061520
Another silent week for some of us.
10/11...they said in their email they would let us know "on or about October 21, 2022"When did you interview?
10/11...they said in their email they would let us know "on or about October 21, 2022"
I see, I was 10/12 and they said 10/31
Maybe they’ll do all then? Idk
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
It’s also Howard’s Homecoming weekend so maybe that is slowing things down.
Did you get the email "we have reviewed your primary and secondary apps?"It’s also Howard’s Homecoming weekend so maybe that is slowing things down.
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Yes, In AugustDid you get the email "we have reviewed your primary and secondary apps?"
Yeah that’s what I don’t understand. They said the completed review so why wait 2 months to give a decision?
Just completed my secondary this Friday(submitted primary recently). Looks like I’m in for a little wait lol.
Any more II sent out?
I got that email on 9/26. Secondary submitted and considered completed as of 8/29. Hoping for a II🙏🏾Did you get the email "we have reviewed your primary and secondary apps?"
Last edited:
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
I feel like they rank applicants and send out interviews based on thatYeah that’s what I don’t understand. They said the completed review so why wait 2 months to give a decision?
I think it went well! Talking with my interviewer was really chill. what about you?People who interviewed today, how did it go?
Also i liked the info session better than other schools so far (but i might be biased since I really want to go here haha)
Way, way more chill than I expected. I was definitely on edge for no reason lol. Hope we both get in!I think it went well! Talking with my interviewer was really chill. what about you?
Also i liked the info session better than other schools so far (but i might be biased since I really want to go here haha)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Way, way more chill than I expected. I was definitely on edge for no reason lol. Hope we both get in!
Congratulations!!!!
Did they tell y’all how many people have been interviewed so far or how far along the interview process they are?
At the info session yesterday they told our group that they had a few more apps to review and make decisions on before they decide in ours. Keep your eye out for an email later this weekIs anyone from interview day 10/11 still waiting for a response?
Last edited:
Ahhh thanks for the insight!At the info session yesterday they told our group that they had a few more apps to review and make decisions on before they decide in ours. Keep your eye out for an email later this week