2022-2023 Illinois

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They are finishing up Interviews this month. I reached out yesterday since I haven't heard anything since August and they said the cycle is coming to an end as march is the last batch of interviews.

does anyone know why this year has been a lil different? It could def be reporting bias but there have been a lot of OOS applicants interviewing compared to older threads + things have been really slow here.
Well there is a new director of admissions as the one from previous years moved to Vermont I believe.

Members don't see this ad.

They are finishing up Interviews this month. I reached out yesterday since I haven't heard anything since August and they said the cycle is coming to an end as march is the last batch of interviews.

does anyone know why this year has been a lil different? It could def be reporting bias but there have been a lot of OOS applicants interviewing compared to older threads + things have been really slow here.
People always talk about being a California applicant is rough but I think Illinois is pretty tough as well :oops:. It's definitely better than a state that has no in-state school. I will say there definitely is reporting bias my interview date about 70-80% of the interviewers said they were from Illinois /zooming in from Illinois.

Reactions: 2 users
People always talk about being a California applicant is rough but I think Illinois is pretty tough as well :oops:. It's definitely better than a state that has no in-state school. I will say there definitely is reporting bias my interview date about 70-80% of the interviewers said they were from Illinois /zooming in from Illinois.
I second this. On my interview day almost 75% of the people were from Illinois 😭

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if uic accepts post interview letters of interest/intent? If so where?

Does anyone happen to know about the process for deferment? Only thing I can find online is a sentence about sending an email to the medadmit email, but I'm wondering more about their criteria for granting deferrals and what the timeline might look like?

Anecdotally I know someone last year who Interviewed late feb and still got her first choice Chicago. If your first choice is Chicago there probably is smaller odds later on in the cycle but idk how significantly
do you happen to know when she heard back that she was accepted? bc then they ask you to rank right and then that takes more time?

do you happen to know when she heard back that she was accepted? bc then they ask you to rank right and then that takes more time?
I think she got accepted sometime in March and knew her campus in April before all the PTE and CTE dates

Been on DD since November, really hoping to get some good news here in a few weeks. I know the post II acceptance rate is really high which is good but I just really wish we had more insight into how many people get off DD

Reactions: 2 users
Attempting to look through the thread to see if this was answered but: If I was assigned my second choice campus (Rockford) and ideally want to be placed in Chicago, should I email admissions explaining why? I'm unsure how to go about this.

Do the majority of applicants get put on DD rather than getting an A after an interview?

Attempting to look through the thread to see if this was answered but: If I was assigned my second choice campus (Rockford) and ideally want to be placed in Chicago, should I email admissions explaining why? I'm unsure how to go about this.
I think they changed campus placements this year so that assignments are final and can't be appealed. Asking via email probably wouldn't hurt though

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know how long after acceptance it takes for a placement? I thought I saw Feb-March on the website? Anyone have any info?

Anyone know when the last interview date is?

Heyo, stupid question time: what’s DD stand for/mean? I can’t find it anywhere lol

Anyone here have any idea about campus placements? Since there is no appeals, are they taking into consideration those who live in Chicago, and have strong ties, and leaving spots for those students who interviewed late?

Anyone here have any idea about campus placements? Since there is no appeals, are they taking into consideration those who live in Chicago, and have strong ties, and leaving spots for those students who interviewed late?
Honestly, who knows. I've lived in the city my whole life, all experience is within Chicago, i interviewed in October and got placed in Rockford. 🙃

• Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
When can we expect the next wave of admissions? During my interview, they said they would be released quicker since it's nearing the end of the cycle but I wonder if it's still the last week of the month for now.

Spoke to admissions today. II are done. So much for my dream.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Spoke to admissions today. II are done. So much for my dream.
Damn. Maybe biased with SDN but did they offer less in state II this year? Not speculation just curious with change of admin. Thanks for letting us know!

Pain. Endless Pain.
I feel you. Honestly the amount of work I and I’m sure many others feel they’ve contributed, to come up short feels pretty bitter yet again. I’d like to think of another silver lining. There’s probably one somewhere lol.

• Sad
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
When can we expect the next wave of admissions? During my interview, they said they would be released quicker since it's nearing the end of the cycle but I wonder if it's still the last week of the month for now.
I interviewed 2/15, hoping to hear back this week..

When should people that interviewed on 02/15 expect their decision?

Does anyone know if we are allowed to take notes during MMI sessions for interview day?

Does anyone know if we are allowed to take notes during MMI sessions for interview day?
Yes. They give you two minutes to take notes and gather your thoughts, and then 4-5 minutes to answer the question.

Anyone have the updated Discord link? The one from earlier isn't working

Hi guys,

just wondering is it confirmed UIC is done sending out interview invites? Is it frowned upon to email them and ask also?

Has anyone had their transcripts marked as received or prereqs verified in their portal?

Has anyone had their transcripts marked as received or prereqs verified in their portal?
I sent mine 2 weeks ago but it still isn't reflected in the portal. Same with prereqs.

Hi, are there any current Chicago campus students on this thread that wouldn't mind if I asked them a couple of questions about housing specifically? Thanks!

Is UIC still doing interviews?
No to be mean at all - this question has been posted 2 or 3 times already just above :) Helps to scroll and look a little always since ppl have contributed their knowledge about this and other questions

Reactions: 5 users
Hi! I’m applying for a scholarly concentration and on my portal it only gives me a “save” option not a submit option. Is this happening to anyone else??

Hi! I’m applying for a scholarly concentration and on my portal it only gives me a “save” option not a submit option. Is this happening to anyone else??
Yes, but when I click on the scholarly tab now, it says completed.

- Also how long does it usually take to hear back for the scholarly concentration? Does it update itself in the portal or do you get an email?
- 2/15 interviewees, any word yet? It's been 4 weeks and the dean said we would hear back by this time.

Tomorrow is the third Thursday of march, essentially the day admissions convene. Do you guys think they'll be able to review applicants that interviewed last week?

Tomorrow is the third Thursday of march, essentially the day admissions convene. Do you guys think they'll be able to review applicants that interviewed last week?
I was thinking the same! I hope so :)

I was thinking the same! I hope so :)
I just checked previous months for you guys! They seem to have given decisions for people who interviewed the week before. Although it was just one person I found who confirmed it. Best of luck to all of us!!

I just checked previous months for you guys! They seem to have given decisions for people who interviewed the week before. Although it was just one person I found who confirmed it. Best of luck to all of us!!
Oh wow thank you so much for the helpful info! I really hope we hear good news!!

A via email just now! OOS, Interviewed on 2/14

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got my first A!!! Seriously shocked beyond words. I'm so excited to see you guys in August!!!!!!!

Reactions: 5 users