-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Illinois
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
yalreadyknowbb
Full Member
Does anyone happen to know about the process for deferment? Only thing I can find online is a sentence about sending an email to the medadmit email, but I'm wondering more about their criteria for granting deferrals and what the timeline might look like?
CheezyPorcupine
Full Member
Yes they do in your portal.Does anyone know if uic accepts post interview letters of interest/intent? If so where?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
aspiringdoccc
Full Member
do you happen to know when she heard back that she was accepted? bc then they ask you to rank right and then that takes more time?Anecdotally I know someone last year who Interviewed late feb and still got her first choice Chicago. If your first choice is Chicago there probably is smaller odds later on in the cycle but idk how significantly
I think she got accepted sometime in March and knew her campus in April before all the PTE and CTE datesdo you happen to know when she heard back that she was accepted? bc then they ask you to rank right and then that takes more time?
dyingwithoutpatience
Full Member
Attempting to look through the thread to see if this was answered but: If I was assigned my second choice campus (Rockford) and ideally want to be placed in Chicago, should I email admissions explaining why? I'm unsure how to go about this.
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
I think they changed campus placements this year so that assignments are final and can't be appealed. Asking via email probably wouldn't hurt thoughAttempting to look through the thread to see if this was answered but: If I was assigned my second choice campus (Rockford) and ideally want to be placed in Chicago, should I email admissions explaining why? I'm unsure how to go about this.
dyingwithoutpatience
Full Member
Thank you, I really appreciate your feedback.I think they changed campus placements this year so that assignments are final and can't be appealed. Asking via email probably wouldn't hurt though
Do we know how long after acceptance it takes for a placement? I thought I saw Feb-March on the website? Anyone have any info?
Anyone know when the last interview date is?
Heyo, stupid question time: what’s DD stand for/mean? I can’t find it anywhere lol
Delayed decision 😃Heyo, stupid question time: what’s DD stand for/mean? I can’t find it anywhere lol
🤦oh duh hahaha thank you! LololDelayed decision 😃
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
Anyone here have any idea about campus placements? Since there is no appeals, are they taking into consideration those who live in Chicago, and have strong ties, and leaving spots for those students who interviewed late?
dyingwithoutpatience
Full Member
Honestly, who knows. I've lived in the city my whole life, all experience is within Chicago, i interviewed in October and got placed in Rockford. 🙃Anyone here have any idea about campus placements? Since there is no appeals, are they taking into consideration those who live in Chicago, and have strong ties, and leaving spots for those students who interviewed late?
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
Dangit... 😀Honestly, who knows. I've lived in the city my whole life, all experience is within Chicago, i interviewed in October and got placed in Rockford. 🙃
Recentros5
Full Member
Spoke to admissions today. II are done. So much for my dream.
Damn. Maybe biased with SDN but did they offer less in state II this year? Not speculation just curious with change of admin. Thanks for letting us know!Spoke to admissions today. II are done. So much for my dream.
Pain. Endless Pain.Spoke to admissions today. II are done. So much for my dream.
Recentros5
Full Member
I feel you. Honestly the amount of work I and I’m sure many others feel they’ve contributed, to come up short feels pretty bitter yet again. I’d like to think of another silver lining. There’s probably one somewhere lol.Pain. Endless Pain.
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
I interviewed 2/15, hoping to hear back this week..When can we expect the next wave of admissions? During my interview, they said they would be released quicker since it's nearing the end of the cycle but I wonder if it's still the last week of the month for now.
When should people that interviewed on 02/15 expect their decision?
They meet the third Thursday of every month and usually release decisions the Monday after so that be 03/20When should people that interviewed on 02/15 expect their decision?
la vida loca
Full Member
Does anyone know if we are allowed to take notes during MMI sessions for interview day?
Yes. They give you two minutes to take notes and gather your thoughts, and then 4-5 minutes to answer the question.Does anyone know if we are allowed to take notes during MMI sessions for interview day?
Anyone have the updated Discord link? The one from earlier isn't working
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Anyone have the updated Discord link? The one from earlier isn't working
Join the UICOM 2027 Discord Server!
Check out the UICOM 2027 community on Discord - hang out with 249 other members and enjoy free voice and text chat.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I only had one faculty interviewer.Hey y’all! Just curious for those who interviewed. did you guys have two faculty interviewers for the one on one? (Split the time)
Hi guys,
just wondering is it confirmed UIC is done sending out interview invites? Is it frowned upon to email them and ask also?
Spoke to admissions today. II are done. So much for my dream.
calamiri
Full Member
I sent mine 2 weeks ago but it still isn't reflected in the portal. Same with prereqs.Has anyone had their transcripts marked as received or prereqs verified in their portal?
cranjismcbasketball
Full Member
Hi, are there any current Chicago campus students on this thread that wouldn't mind if I asked them a couple of questions about housing specifically? Thanks!
Is UIC still doing interviews?
No to be mean at all - this question has been posted 2 or 3 times already just above 🙂 Helps to scroll and look a little always since ppl have contributed their knowledge about this and other questionsIs UIC still doing interviews?
Oh shoot, I'm rejected from UIC then.Spoke to admissions today. II are done. So much for my dream.
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
Yes, but when I click on the scholarly tab now, it says completed.Hi! I’m applying for a scholarly concentration and on my portal it only gives me a “save” option not a submit option. Is this happening to anyone else??
- Also how long does it usually take to hear back for the scholarly concentration? Does it update itself in the portal or do you get an email?
- 2/15 interviewees, any word yet? It's been 4 weeks and the dean said we would hear back by this time.
la vida loca
Full Member
I was thinking the same! I hope so 🙂Tomorrow is the third Thursday of march, essentially the day admissions convene. Do you guys think they'll be able to review applicants that interviewed last week?
FutureDoc2028
Full Member
I just checked previous months for you guys! They seem to have given decisions for people who interviewed the week before. Although it was just one person I found who confirmed it. Best of luck to all of us!!I was thinking the same! I hope so 🙂
la vida loca
Full Member
Oh wow thank you so much for the helpful info! I really hope we hear good news!!I just checked previous months for you guys! They seem to have given decisions for people who interviewed the week before. Although it was just one person I found who confirmed it. Best of luck to all of us!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
la vida loca
Full Member
Congratulations so happy for you! I was wondering when you interviewed by chance?Got my first A!!! Seriously shocked beyond words. I'm so excited to see you guys in August!!!!!!!
sadbabyinroom
New Member
interviewed 2/14, got the A at 4:29pm today. In state applicant. I'm in shock guys. Good luck to everyone, you got this!