2022-2023 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based on past threads, they send out IIs the week or so after doing maintenance on the portal. They mostly send IIs on Tuesday. So it’s been a week since the maintenance and in previous years they’ve sent the first batch by now. Obviously it’s just a guess but I feel like it may be this Tuesday
Solid analysis. I'm cautiously optimistic!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do people know how many people get accepted each year? I know 50 people matriculate but is the number of acceptances published? Trying to see what the post interview % is
 
At office hours they said, the post-interview acceptance rate is roughly 22%. Could change from year to year. In this video, , the Senior Dean of Admissions says they have about a 2:1 ratio of acceptances to those who end up matriculating. All in all that's about 150-160 acceptances a year.
 
Dang complete 7/9. Guessing since no ii, I didn’t make the cut
Not necessarily I know people neurotically ask for complete dates, but truthfully I don't think it much matters. I have seen countless threads where people who get IIs on the same day have drastically different complete dates. Don't count yourself out yet. Seems like Kaiser may be prioritizing high stats in their first interviews, but that's just a guess. I could be completely wrong.
 
Feel shocked and devastated by kaiser not sending me that II lol [emoji25]
You're not alone. You're one of many who checks their status frequently throughout the day, especially when those "II" post start rolling in. You're among those who will continually be updating friends and family who ask, "how's medical school going?" with "I'm still applying!" Chin up, friend, the cycle has only just begun. If this is what you're meant to do, you will do it.

- A fellow devasted applicant to Kaiser.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are interviews virtual or in-person? I saw someone say that the info session said in person, but I got this email today when I asked:

Thank you for your email. Interview invitations will be sent out via email on a rolling basis during the application process. Interviews will be conducted in a virtual format from August 2022 through February 2023. We look forward to meeting you virtually, and to congratulating all applicants who move on to this next phase of the application process.
 
Are interviews virtual or in-person? I saw someone say that the info session said in person, but I got this email today when I asked:

Thank you for your email. Interview invitations will be sent out via email on a rolling basis during the application process. Interviews will be conducted in a virtual format from August 2022 through February 2023. We look forward to meeting you virtually, and to congratulating all applicants who move on to this next phase of the application process.
Virtual. I think they changed their minds sometime in June.
 
Question: since there are two interview groups does the second geoup start at 10 or do they have some activities for both groups while the other is interviewing?
 
I wonder how holistic really is KPSOM
I can't really comment on that, but given their average stats, I'd probably say very holistic. They are a free school in a pretty nice location so you can assume every top-tier candidate with 4.0 528 and 20 pubs will apply here; yet, their average stats are relatively low compared to NYU, Cleveland Clinic, or Cornell. From what I've gathered, they seem to be big on public health, so mission fit is likely a big selection criterion for them. Also, looking at their website they seem to be really proud of being a diverse school (#6 according to USWN).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad