2021-2022 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know what post II acceptance rates look like? It seems like they interview a lot of people for only 50 spots

Reactions: 1 user
I like to put the half rule on these groups, since I think that Facebook has waned in popularity over the past half decade. If there are 36 members, one could reasonably assume that 72 have been accepted. Does this sound correct?

Reactions: 1 users
I like to put the half rule on these groups, since I think that Facebook has waned in popularity over the past half decade. If there are 36 members, one could reasonably assume that 72 have been accepted. Does this sound correct?
I honestly am not sure how to interpret the numbers, so appreciate your half rule!

half might be a bit generous though maybe? considering ppl who were accepted are probably actively looking to join these types of groups so may reuse FB just for it, but i could also be way off

half might be a bit generous though maybe? considering ppl who were accepted are probably actively looking to join these types of groups so may reuse FB just for it, but i could also be way off
That’s definitely true. I may be underestimating the # of people who join due to a personal aversion for social media lol (more of a forum person)

Alright bake them away toys. Show's over at Kaiser onto the next one.

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
I dont think estimating the # of acceptances at any school based off FB groups will be accurate, probably even less so for a smaller new school like Kaiser. This school has the lowest post-II rate of any school I believe, I wouldn't stress trying to read tea leaves about it

Reactions: 2 users
I dont think estimating the # of acceptances at any school based off FB groups will be accurate, probably even less so for a smaller new school like Kaiser. This school has the lowest post-II rate of any school I believe, I wouldn't stress trying to read tea leaves about it
kaiser vs nyulisom can fight rn over having the worst post-II policies ever
(I did not apply to this school I was just bored and looking at this thread and saw this comment lol)

• Haha
I would take the total members in the group with a grain of salt. If it's like the FB accepted page for the school I'm in, at least one of the members is admin, with a decent amount of student ambassadors in the group as well. So the total number of accepted may be lower as well.

Reactions: 4 users
If y’all can find previous years’ Facebook pages, it may give you a better idea of where Kaiser is in terms of offering acceptances for this cycle!

I got a II yesterday, so hopefully there's still some spots left!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Wild. Scheduled invitation? Or do you think they actually work on Sunday?!
My bad, the email actually came early on Monday. It was a crazy day and I'm in a different timezone, felt like earlier haha.

I literally cannot believe it, but I just got an II! I had completely given up on Kaiser, although it was my top choice originally. Complete in early July

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Any current students or anyone know how good this school is and their thoughts on the school?

Any current students or anyone know how good this school is and their thoughts on the school?
At the end of the day you will hear a lot of different opinions. But one solid fact is: free med school is good.

Reactions: 9 users
At the end of the day you will hear a lot of different opinions. But one solid fact is: free med school is good.
been to their interview recently. Adding onto what CaliforniaAsian said. It's not just the tuition that the school pays for you. The school will pay for your health insurance and also pay for your uber/lyft to the clinical sites if you don't have transportation. They also pay for subscriptions to Sketchy, Pathoma, UWorld, Board and Beyond, etc to make sure that you succeed in your STEP exams. Oh and you can apply for their financial assistance with living costs, too.

Reactions: 7 users
so anxious about this school. i know the trend is that they accept a few people after every interview session like 4-6 weeks after. Has anyone heard back after this time frame? eg a sept interview hearing back in jan?

been to their interview recently. Adding onto what CaliforniaAsian said. It's not just the tuition that the school pays for you. The school will pay for your health insurance and also pay for your uber/lyft to the clinical sites if you don't have transportation. They also pay for subscriptions to Sketchy, Pathoma, UWorld, Board and Beyond, etc to make sure that you succeed in your STEP exams. Oh and you can apply for their financial assistance with living costs, too.
I mean beyond financials this school has fantastic faculty coming from top notch institutions around the country. They prioritize social medicine, advocacy, & holistic care in their approach to teaching students, which is something not many medical schools are actively doing in concrete ways. Health systems analysis is a central part of the curriculum. It is also the only medical school for one of the largest US nonprofit health care systems, so students have in-house access to endless mentors and resources. Their wellbeing program is also far more fleshed out than that of most med schools, but from what I’ve heard from students it still needs some work.

Not to mention it currently has the most competitive admissions rate of any med school in the US, which isn’t on its own a positive attribute, but might say say something about the quality of the student body.
@TheOpology

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone, recent interviewee here. Are there certain days of the week/times that they tend to trickle down the acceptances?

If I interviewed on Jan 21, what is the earliest date I might hear back?

Anyone know if they are still sending II?

Interview Invite today! I saw it while eating lunch and literally said out loud, "What the hell?"

Gave up hope on this school so long ago, lol, now I gotta get my hopes up again.

Only interview date available was 3/4

Stats: MCAT above 516, LM 77

• Love
Reactions: 17 users
Interview Invite today! I saw it while eating lunch and literally said out loud, "What the hell?"

Gave up hope on this school so long ago, lol, now I gotta get my hopes up again.

Above or .... Nice! A little glimmer of hope for the sweet succulent invitation

Whoops, accidentally posted to last year’s page…

Can someone please clarify the state of the controversy regarding KPSOM’s firing of Dr. Khoury. The most recent info I could find was an article in Forbes (2/21) but it didn’t outline any new information, or include info from the letter the school released in 1/21 where they cite covid violations and inaccuracies in her credentials.

I’m not seeing anything that doesn’t point to her firing due to complaints lodge about the 8/28 class she taught.

This isn’t something anyone can ignore. I’m looking for more information to understand the whole story before deciding whether to move forward with KPSOM.

Anyone have an update, or a source that shows an actual substantive response from the school as to why they fired her after suspending her due to complaints pertaining to her lecture/discussion?

When were u complete?