2021-2022 Kaiser (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Whoops, accidentally posted to last year’s page…

Can someone please clarify the state of the controversy regarding KPSOM’s firing of Dr. Khoury. The most recent info I could find was an article in Forbes (2/21) but it didn’t outline any new information, or include info from the letter the school released in 1/21 where they cite covid violations and inaccuracies in her credentials.

I’m not seeing anything that doesn’t point to her firing due to complaints lodge about the 8/28 class she taught.

This isn’t something anyone can ignore. I’m looking for more information to understand the whole story before deciding whether to move forward with KPSOM.

Anyone have an update, or a source that shows an actual substantive response from the school as to why they fired her after suspending her due to complaints pertaining to her lecture/discussion?
Email the admissions office, please let us know how they respond

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Admissions just told me, mid March Kaiser is done with interviews.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The educational research emails kill me every time. Especially when it's a Wednesday and I interviewed recently.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
The educational research emails kill me every time. Especially when it's a Wednesday and I interviewed recently.
Dude, these emails really tainted my view of the school. Like, not even getting bitter or anything that I haven’t heard back, just stop sending me these spam emails about your research, when you know the only email I want to see is an II or an R lol. Like, are you really so desperate for study participants that you have to pester your applicants? Just a bit tacky and annoying imo.

Reactions: 6 users
Dude, these emails really tainted my view of the school. Like, not even getting bitter or anything that I haven’t heard back, just stop sending me these spam emails about your research, when you know the only email I want to see is an II or an R lol. Like, are you really so desperate for study participants that you have to pester your applicants? Just a bit tacky and annoying imo.
Unsubscribe, should be at bottom of email. Unless you want more of the stupid email

holy crap just got an II. complete in july. totally was not expecting this

• Love
Reactions: 18 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got II - MCAT 515, complete in July
i am floooored

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Did anyone who was complete in september get an II? Feel like i shot myself in the foot by lagging it

I was complete in august and got an II - but yes primary app was done by end of June

If you didn’t submit July, you’re not going to get an ii
That's not right. I submitted MD/PhD in October and received an II. Note that Kaiser/Caltech is not yet MSTP since they are new.

Reactions: 2 users
That's not right. I submitted MD/PhD in October and received an II. Note that Kaiser/Caltech is not yet MSTP since they are new.
I think that if you’re just regular MD, you needed to have submitted in July/early August to have a shot at this school. I’m not sure exactly what’s going on, but the vast majority of regular MD applicants at Kaiser that are getting IIs submitted their app in July. Same thing is happening at UC Irvine as well. Most regular MDs that got IIs submitted in July (only 1 reported II was complete 8/5, just this past week too), whereas MD/PhD applicants are getting interviews despite submitting in August and September. My guess is that since there are more MD applicants than MD/PhD, it takes a lot longer to sift through the apps so they go a lot slower.

If you didn’t submit July, you’re not going to get an ii
I was complete 9/4 and interviewed mid December. Of course submitting your secondary earlier is better, but being complete by September isn’t a death sentence.

Reactions: 1 users
So has anyone been accepted who has had a January interview or later? It seems like there has been either a lull in acceptances or the people who have heard have not posted.

Reactions: 4 users
Today at the interview, the current student who was in our breakout room said that Kaiser really does consider all applicants, even those who interview in March, and that we shouldn't think we don't have a shot just because we got the II later. She didn't outright say that she was speaking from personal experience, but seemed pretty adamant about it (maybe there are people in current class who interviewed later in cycle??).

Either way, gave me hope!!

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
to save yall some time, looking at last years thread, post II Rs were sent on April 6, and WLs were sent on April 9th

Has anyone who interviewed in late January gotten an A yet?
Unless they change mid cycle, they give As two weeks following the interviews on Wednesdays. I don’t think many people like to post because they probably only give a couple per day (and thus most would reveal their identities)

Does Kaiser accept LOI pre-decision/post-interview or for waitlisted people post-interview? Couldn’t find any info on this.

Unless they change mid cycle, they give As two weeks following the interviews on Wednesdays. I don’t think many people like to post because they probably only give a couple per day (and thus most would reveal their identities)
Hmm looking back at other posts, they definitely send out As after more than two weeks post interview

Reactions: 10 users
Any chance of an A if they've been silent since interviewing in December? :oops:

Reactions: 2 users
Do you think there will be some acceptances going out today? I interviewed mid-Jan and have not heard anything back yet.

Do you think there will be some acceptances going out today? I interviewed mid-Jan and have not heard anything back yet.
Seems like the couple released acceptances reported on SDN have been Wednesday around 10am-12noon PST. There was also one reported on a Thursday morning!

Kaiser's timeline on the secondary app portal says that "Final decisions released on a rolling basis" ends on 03/20. It's possible that there might not be acceptances going out today and that mass decisions (A/WL/R) will be released next week.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Few As given out this time Tuesday last year (03/16/21). Going to be a wreck all tomorrow and Wednesday.

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Online it says last day to hear back is March 19th ):

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I attended office hours earlier this month and Ms. Agasia Lanier mentioned that this cycle's decisions would come out closer to the end of March or early April! I'm still holding onto hope and crossing my fingers for all of us! :)

• Love