2022-2023 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (Elmira, NY)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone from the 11/4 or 11/11 info session get any updates yet?

Just declined an alternate spot. Good luck to everyone else and Happy Holidays!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone from the 11/4 or 11/11 info session get any updates yet?
nope. and I don't anticipate to hear anything until late January based on trends of when other people heard back after their session.

11/11 info session with status update to decision made/14 days on 12/19

11/4
Decision has been made, 30 days

**** based on the recent trends, 30 days looks like a rejection

11/4
Decision has been made, 30 days

**** based on the recent trends, 30 days looks like a rejection
Oh boy, I'm sorry to hear that but you never know! Keep your fingers crossed because the 14/30 day timelines weren't a definite A/R/WL. Are you IS or OS?

wait is it normal for people from the same session to have no portal update? 11/11 session here and my portal hasn't updated. I hope that isn't a bad thing...

wait is it normal for people from the same session to have no portal update? 11/11 session here and my portal hasn't updated. I hope that isn't a bad thing...
I'm on the same boat (11/11 session)......please, I just want to know the result. T_T

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, so I applied to the Bradenton and Erie campus but I just got an II for the Elmira campus.

I’m thrilled I got an II, just wanted to see if this was normal or if they maybe made a mistake? I already scheduled it so hopefully not lol

Hey guys, so I applied to the Bradenton and Erie campus but I just got an II for the Elmira campus.

I’m thrilled I got an II, just wanted to see if this was normal or if they maybe made a mistake? I already scheduled it so hopefully not lol
Not a mistake, you can rank Erie one and still get an interview from Elmira, all depends on the campus that wants you

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my first II this cycle for Elmira, and I am beyond excited and nervous!! Does anyone have any tips for the interview? Also, is the group info session another interview-type thing, or is it really just an info session?

Just got my first II this cycle for Elmira, and I am beyond excited and nervous!! Does anyone have any tips for the interview? Also, is the group info session another interview-type thing, or is it really just an info session?
its just an info session. the interview is just one way recorded, usually you have to do it monday before your info session.

sorry to hear that :(( if you don't mind me asking, what info session were you and did you see your portal change any time recently?
11/4, saw it change same time @AHHH24 saw the change- think last Thurs? so I checked mine. Consensus is probably right - 30 day notice ain't great

I received/accepted my alternate list notification on 12/5 and I really want to go to this school. How soon would it be appropriate to send a Letter of Intent? Are they not even going to look at my app again until May or would it be worth sending an LOI so they know I'm seriously interested?

Is there a difference between Waitlist and Alternate List, just got a letter saying I'm on the Wait list, and last year I got an Alternate List

Then why are some people get "alternate list" letters then? I got a "waitlist" letter? Why 2 different letters?
it's interchangeable, no one can tell you that besides admissions themself

Hmmm.....im curious how many folks at the 11/11 session already received a decision.

Hmmm.....im curious how many folks at the 11/11 session already received a decision.
same, it's scaring me a little that some have already gotten a decision and my portal hasn't even changed yet. I should just brace myself for the worst at this point lol

Alternate list mail was received today, it was sent on 12/21.
Info session on 12/02.

are we allowed to decline acceptance after having paid the initial $1500 fee?

What’s up with 11/4 sesh peeps
12/22: The Admissions Committee made a decision on your application, 30 days

12/29: Letter that I was put on the "Wait List", doesn't say Alternate List

I'm not sure if there's a difference, but my letter said I was put on the Wait List, however I saw others get on the Alternate List

What's the difference?

I wanna get a headcount

Like This Post if you were put on the Waitlist

Dislike this post if you were put on the Alternate List

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
So I got this update on 12/29 but haven’t received my letter yet. Any consensus on decision based on this message:

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.

Edit: 11/4 info

its been 2 months since my info session and I haven't heard a peep from them yet :(( I hope it changes within the upcoming week

So I got this update on 12/29 but haven’t received my letter yet. Any consensus on decision based on this message:

The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your application. You will receive an official letter in the mail, typically, within 14 days.

Edit: 11/4 info
seems like its either gonna be an acceptance or a waitlist. hard rejections would usually say 30 days.

12/22: The Admissions Committee made a decision on your application, 30 days

12/29: Letter that I was put on the "Wait List", doesn't say Alternate List

I'm not sure if there's a difference, but my letter said I was put on the Wait List, however I saw others get on the Alternate List

What's the difference?

I wanna get a headcount

Like This Post if you were put on the Waitlist

Dislike this post if you were put on the Alternate List
You got a 30 day notice and were put on waitlist? I guess our theory of 30 days being an R is wrong

You got a 30 day notice and were put on waitlist? I guess our theory of 30 days being an R is wrong
not necessarily. 30 days could be rejection or waitlist. 14 days could be acceptance or waitlist. but if you're 30 days, it's pretty much guaranteed that it's not an acceptance and if it's 14, it's guaranteed not to be a rejection.

not necessarily. 30 days could be rejection or waitlist. 14 days could be acceptance or waitlist. but if you're 30 days, it's pretty much guaranteed that it's not an acceptance and if it's 14, it's guaranteed not to be a rejection.
Waitlist or Alternate List?

I like looking at it that way so much better! Thanks for the insight!