2022-2023 Liberty University (LUCOM)

Started by PapaGuava
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

i dont think so. maybe a very slight preference for in state but I really don't think so. on SDN interview page, 15% of interviews are IS.
No preference for IS vs OOS, because they are a private school. Our largest represented state is VA, second largest is CA, then FL, TX, then many other states.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, so I scheduled my interview for 8/8/22 and received a thank you email without any specifics regarding the interview. Will they send out a followup email including a zoom link, dress code, etc, to my liberty account?
 
best thing you liked about LUCOM and least favorite thing? Also, are there a lot of fun things to do around town???
Best thing: my classmates and faculty. My class is really collaborative and we have a good atmosphere of sharing resources and having each other’s backs. The faculty really does care about the students doing well here, and many of them I plan to keep in touch with in the future.

Worst: pharmacology is LUCOM’s weak spot. It isn’t taught systematically as it’s own course, so it kinda feels haphazard. Thank God for sketchy.

Fun things to do in town: so we have access to all of Liberty’s amenities included in tuition, which includes an indoor & outdoor pool, amazing gym, free college sporting events, read round snowboarding & skiing, and the med school does intramural teams in sports like soccer, beach volleyball, etc.

Lynchburg isn’t a party town so there aren’t many bars, no clubs that I know of, and it isn’t a concert spot. There’s lots of hiking in the area, fishing, kayaking, and some outdoor concert venues only an hour away. There are two larger cities within 1 to 1.5 hrs away that have more nightlife.
 
Secondary/II received today (8/4). Primary submitted 7/27 & received 8/2. 508. From the looks of it, no more open aug interview dates, im only seeing sept.
 
Hey, so I scheduled my interview for 8/8/22 and received a thank you email without any specifics regarding the interview. Will they send out a followup email including a zoom link, dress code, etc, to my liberty account?
I emailed them asking about this. They said an itinerary would be sent out one week prior to interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called admissions to see if they had gotten my application and they said they have it and it is being reviewed. I said ok thank you and I was about to hang up but then he said "one more thing- you will be hearing from us". Idk if that's a good sign or if its just like you'll hear from us with an II or R lol. We will see I guess. This is one of my top picks so hoping for the best.

Called today because I wasn’t sure if they for my app/MCAT score since my app came in first.

Spoke with a very nice lady but she said the same thing to me! Hoping it’s a sign! [emoji1694]
 
Does anyone who interviewed before ever get basic science questions relating to biochemistry, microbiology, organic chemistry, etc from their interviewer? If so, what were the questions like?
 
Does anyone who interviewed before ever get basic science questions relating to biochemistry, microbiology, organic chemistry, etc from their interviewer? If so, what were the questions like?
no, I did not
 
This school didn't have a secondary right, all the questions were on the primary? I submitted on 07/22 and still haven't got an application received or complete email. Should I email
 
Does anyone know if decisions would be released next week? I believe it was said we would know before September 1st, but not sure if they meant like August 31st.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted my primary 2 weeks ago and never got anything, emailed them and they never responded. What do you think I should do?
 
Has anyone opted to do the in-person interview? I’m trying to make that work but don’t know if anyone would have any comments!
 
Has anyone opted to do the in-person interview? I’m trying to make that work but don’t know if anyone would have any comments!
I wanted to as well. However, I am OOS and couldn't make it work in the short timeline with my employer. I decided to interview virtually and (God willing) if I get in, I will schedule a visit further out that works better with my schedule!
 
I wanted to as well. However, I am OOS and couldn't make it work in the short timeline with my employer. I decided to interview virtually and (God willing) if I get in, I will schedule a visit further out that works better with my schedule!

Thanks for replying. After much consideration, this is what I am planning to do as well!
 
any current students want to share their experience at the school? how is the faculty? how conservative is this school, and do you feel that in your lectures? also if you're from a different religious background, how has your experience been like?
 
any current students want to share their experience at the school? how is the faculty? how conservative is this school, and do you feel that in your lectures? also if you're from a different religious background, how has your experience been like?
also curious. not very religious but love the location of this school. I am from va
 
Interviewed here today (8/18) and realized this is not the program for me. I will withdraw my application as I’ve already been accepted into ACOM. Good luck to you all
Same experience as you. Although I do not have an A to another school so will not withdraw.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
no need. the payment is attached with the II. So you just have to wait and see if you get a II. Good news is they only had two waves of II so im sure there will be plenty more!!! stay hopeful, your time will come
Ohh okay thanks so much!! I was so confused. Do they send out a complete email? Or just the II and that just means you can pay and you are complete.