2022-2023 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
did they have high stats? i have an mcat below 510. hoping to get an ii but wondering if they are interviewing people with high stats first.
Mine was at about 510 but certainly not above! I had an II invite on 9/26!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
DREAM SCHOOL...praying for II <3

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! Congrats on your II and I hope your interview went well :)
Can I ask if you are SDA or went to an SDA undergrad?
Thank you so much! Praying you all to get an II!! I have my regional interview in early December for the Kettering campus, they said they are just starting interviews for all the campuses so do not worry your invite is coming!! To answer your question, I am not SDA and did not go to an SDA undergrad, however, I am a Christian and a lot of my ECs reflect my faith from medical missions, ministry work, etc. so I have a strong alignment with the faith-based mission and global focus!

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you so much! Praying you all to get an II!! I have my regional interview in early December for the Kettering campus, they said they are just starting interviews for all the campuses so do not worry your invite is coming!! To answer your question, I am not SDA and did not go to an SDA undergrad, however, I am a Christian and a lot of my ECs reflect my faith from medical missions, ministry work, etc. so I have a strong alignment with the faith-based mission and global focus!
Congrats! So, are they doing separate interviews for the California, Orlando, and Ohio campuses? I thought those were only for the 3rd and 4th years of medical school?

Congrats! So, are they doing separate interviews for the California, Orlando, and Ohio campuses? I thought those were only for the 3rd and 4th years of medical school?
Yes if you rank one of the other Orlando or Ohio campuses as first preference you have a separate interview process etc. you are only in California for 2 years and then go to that location :)

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been radiosilence since I got the complete email on 8/6. Do you guys think it's okay to send an email asking about the status of my application in the review process?

It's been radiosilence since I got the complete email on 8/6. Do you guys think it's okay to send an email asking about the status of my application in the review process?
its been like this for most of us sadly :/

I'm not an expert, but I honestly wouldn't. Trust your app is under review. If you have meaningful updates, send an update letter. Otherwise, trust the process. It's long. And unless they've rejected you or invited you to interview, you're still in the pile.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm not an expert, but I honestly wouldn't. Trust your app is under review. If you have meaningful updates, send an update letter. Otherwise, trust the process. It's long. And unless they've rejected you or invited you to interview, you're still in the pile.
I disagree. Be proactive. If I had to choose between not getting in because I was too interested and I reached out too many times vs not getting in because I didn’t show enough interest, then I think it’s a no brainer.

I disagree. Be proactive. If I had to choose between not getting in because I was too interested and I reached out too many times vs not getting in because I didn’t show enough interest, then I think it’s a no brainer.
Touche. Like I said, I am not an expert at all. Maybe I'm not being proactive enough. I just know these committees have a lot of applications to review. I send update letters to reemphasize my interest. But applying, completing a secondary, and sending update letters seems to demonstrate pretty significant interest imo.

LINK:

Agreed. Whole process kinda sucks. No transparency with majority of the schools and no formal rules.

Anyone know how often they review apps post interview? I interviewed late October and don't remember anyone saying when decisions might start to roll out. Dont need to know an exact date obviously, just not sure if they are a 4 week or a 4 month kind of school.

You’re welcome! :) And man, I interviewed the first week… maybe no A for meee, but I’ll cross my fingers!!!
crossing my fingers for you! There is still plenty of time for decisions. Keep staying positive!

• Care
1669701996099.png

looks like matriculation rate is right around 50%. acceptance rate would be higher considering some applicants pass on offers from the school

We’re in it for the long haul my friends. Last year I submitted in July and didn’t get the pre-II R until March.

Anyone know how often they review apps post interview? I interviewed late October and don't remember anyone saying when decisions might start to roll out. Dont need to know an exact date obviously, just not sure if they are a 4 week or a 4 month kind of school.
Hey! Current MS2 at LLU here. Not sure if they have changed anything since I interviewed two years ago, but I interviewed in October and didn't hear back from them with a decision until April. Sorry, I know that's a huge bummer and not the answer you wanted to hear but in my experience it really was just a waiting game with LLU.

Hey! Current MS2 at LLU here. Not sure if they have changed anything since I interviewed two years ago, but I interviewed in October and didn't hear back from them with a decision until April. Sorry, I know that's a huge bummer and not the answer you wanted to hear but in my experience it really was just a waiting game with LLU.
Thanks for the answer! Bit of a bummer yeah but I am used to the waiting game at this point.