2022-2023 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Dumb question, asking for a friend’s student…

does Loma Linda have dietary (vegetarian) restrictions?

are they more likely to accept Adventist applicants

how does it work? Do you apply to LLU Med and request a regional campus? Are all 4 years at that one campus?

also, on website it says this. what tuition incentive?
You do 1st & 2nd pre-clinical years at Loma Linda then you can pick to do your 3rd & 4th clinical years at Kettering (Ohio) or AdventHealth (Florida). Regardless of what you placed as your preference, you can still switch clinical rotation sites. It helps admin know how to schedule rotations and alleviates the conflict/pressure of everyone rotating at Loma Linda. As for incentives, I know Kettering & AdventHealth help with transportation, housing, food, etc. The campus serves vegetarian food, but it’s next to a bunch of restaurants where you can get whatever you want.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone that has been accepted off the waitlist! Did you send an update letter after being waitlisted post interview?

You do 1st & 2nd pre-clinical years at Loma Linda then you can pick to do your 3rd & 4th clinical years at Kettering (Ohio) or AdventHealth (Florida). Regardless of what you placed as your preference, you can still switch clinical rotations sites. It helps admin know how to schedule rotations and alleviates the conflict/pressure of everyone rotating at Loma Linda. As for incentives, I know Kettering & AdventHealth help with transportation, housing, food, etc. The campus serves vegetarian food, but it’s next to a bunch of restaurants where you can get whatever you want.
AdventHealth MS3 here. We get $60,000 total in tuition scholarships (just through the class of 2027) and about $1000 in food vouchers per rotation. AdventHealth does serve meat at its cafes and they actually have pretty good food!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone not heard ANYthing post interview (like no R or WL..)??
As far as I understand, all waitlist spots are offered in March. I could be wrong though.
Unfortunately, I think it would be safe to assume that if you haven't heard anything, its a rejection. I was a waitlist student and heard back about my waitlist status in June. I know there are 100 waitlist spots each year and I think 25-50 get off of it typically, maybe less depending on the year.

Best of luck with your other schools and if you don't get in this year, focus on improving your application with extra meaningful ECs and anything that you might think that you are lacking in your app.

Also not to be a downer, but take this time to evaluate if medicine is truly what you want. I can say for a fact that the medical school years are pretty darn miserable (with the fleeting moments of peace). If I could go back in time, I don't think I would willingly choose to go to medical school.

This is not to say that I regret going to medical school. I firmly believe that God has placed me where I am at for a reason. However, I am just encouraging you to think deeply about why you are choosing to sacrifice the next decade of your life to medical training. If you come to a place where you believe that you are ready to sacrifice almost everything in your life on the "alter of medicine", then I would say keep trying again and again if you don't get in this cycle.

Medicine is a calling, remember that. Wishing you all the best!

As far as I understand, all waitlist spots are offered in March. I could be wrong though.
Unfortunately, I think it would be safe to assume that if you haven't heard anything, its a rejection. I was a waitlist student and heard back about my waitlist status in June. I know there are 100 waitlist spots each year and I think 25-50 get off of it typically, maybe less depending on the year.

Best of luck with your other schools and if you don't get in this year, focus on improving your application with extra meaningful ECs and anything that you might think that you are lacking in your app.

Also not to be a downer, but take this time to evaluate if medicine is truly what you want. I can say for a fact that the medical school years are pretty darn miserable (with the fleeting moments of peace). If I could go back in time, I don't think I would willingly choose to go to medical school.

This is not to say that I regret going to medical school. I firmly believe that God has placed me where I am at for a reason. However, I am just encouraging you to think deeply about why you are choosing to sacrifice the next decade of your life to medical training. If you come to a place where you believe that you are ready to sacrifice almost everything in your life on the "alter of medicine", then I would say keep trying again and again if you don't get in this cycle.

Thank you for your honest reflections on the med school journey.

Just so you know I share a similar view (you’re not alone) but with loans, there’s little room to turn back now for me. I hope to transition into a physician executive role but if need be I’ll practice full time.