2022-2023 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wysdoc

Plain-spoken Texan
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you, @tzuyu&yuqi for sharing this year's questions !

2022-2023 Loma Linda Secondary Essay Prompts (275 word limit each)

1. What makes LLUSM particularly attractive to you?

2. Our medical curriculum integrates spiritual, ethical, and relational issues from Christian perspective into the practice of medicine. Weekly chapel services and religion courses are part of this program. Please respond to the above as it relates to your personal educational and career goals.

3. What personal attributes make you a desirable candidate for admission to LLUSM?

4. Identify experiences in your life that illustrate your service to others.

5. Discuss how your spiritual origins, development, and experiences have influenced and been integrated into your daily life.

6. Please describe your current involvement (or reason for not being involved) with a church or religious group.

7. If you have already graduated, describe your activities since graduation and your planned activities prior to matriculation into medical school.

8. Explain any impact that COVID-19 or recent events in American society may have had on your educational, research, volunteering or employment plans.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:
Loma Linda University School of Medicine Interview Feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary Questions:
What makes LLUSM particularly attractive to you?

Our medical curriculum integrates spiritual, ethical, and relational issues from Christian perspective into the practice of medicine. Weekly chapel services and religion courses are part of this program. Please respond to the above as it relates to your personal educational and career goals.

What personal attributes make you a desirable candidate for admission to LLUSM?

Identify experiences in your life that illustrate your service to others.

Discuss how your spiritual origins, development, and experiences have influenced and been integrated into your daily life.

Please describe your current involvement (or reason for not being involved) with a church or religious group.

If you have already graduated, describe your activities since graduation and your planned activities prior to matriculation into medical school.

Explain any impact that COVID-19 or recent events in American society may have had on your educational, research, volunteering or employment plans.

All 275 word max.

@wysdoc

OOS secondary received. Is it worth submitting secondary of you're non SDA and belong to a different religion?

OOS secondary received. Is it worth submitting secondary of you're non SDA and belong to a different religion?
no, but i think it depends on if you can answer the questions and really articulate why loma linda.

Any current students willing to answer questions?! :) GL to all applicants this cycle

Do folks like myself really have a shot here even if they aren't Christian? Having to answer out of the blue on their prompts about spirituality, faith, Christianity, etc.

Do folks like myself really have a shot here even if they aren't Christian? Having to answer out of the blue on their prompts about spirituality, faith, Christianity, etc.
if you can still answer the questions and align with their mission, i think there is a shot.

For #6, could I be honest for why I wasn't involved with a church or religious group, at least during college and post-graduation/gap-years? My context was that I was in a church whose youth group was very clique. Due to bullying from my peers as well as the church's lack of support for the youth program, I burned out and didn't get further involved as I didn't feel the environment around me allowed me to thrive in my faith. Also, my pre-med studies and busyness also got in the way of me committing as far into a ministry as I wanted. However, I persisted in trying to find ways to keep my faith quenched and continue my involvement with a church. I consistently attended the monthly bible studies of a young pastor who was a close friend and mentor of mine for the past 5 years that kept my faith nurtured.

Reactions: 1 users
For #6, could I be honest for why I wasn't involved with a church or religious group, at least during college and post-graduation/gap-years? My context was that I was in a church whose youth group was very clique. Due to bullying from my peers as well as the church's lack of support for the youth program, I burned out and didn't get further involved as I didn't feel the environment around me allowed me to thrive in my faith. Also, my pre-med studies and busyness also got in the way of me committing as far into a ministry as I wanted. However, I persisted in trying to find ways to keep my faith quenched and continue my involvement with a church. I consistently attended the monthly bible studies of a young pastor who was a close friend and mentor of mine for the past 5 years that kept my faith nurtured.
I would bear in mind that the prompt is asking about current involvement or lack thereof. However, if you feel that the things you listed have a significant influence on your current situation, that could certainly be worth sharing! I think authenticity/transparency is rarely a bad choice on secondaries

Why does the Loma Linda secondary portal shows that my transcripts have not been received? They're all processed on AAMC and my other schools I submitted to already received my transcripts...

Members don't see this ad :)
Looks like first II last year came early September. Not sure if they'll be on the same timeline tho

so they haven't sent out any interviews yet? last cycle they sent them out 9/9.

LL is my top choice, under review 8/6, still havent heard anything from them.

Interesting. I go to a Christian school (non-denominational) but haven't heard anything either.

I know they go and interview students at SDA undergrads first, so maybe those at SDA undergrads already got interview invites. I’m SDA, but went to a non-SDA undergrad and haven’t heard anything yet!
Interesting. I go to a Christian school (non-denominational) but haven't heard anything either.
oh ok. i'm not Christian or SDA. I know they do take people from other faiths as long as the app aligns well with their mission.

Reactions: 1 users
regular decision people still haven't gotten interviews?

Hey! Got an II 9/27. Strong ties to the school and its value system, but I do not attend an SDA undergraduate institution. OOS, LM 81, WARS 92, complete 07/26. Hope this helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Does LLU take this long to send out II's or maybe a large part of applicants are not on SDN. @Topwaterfrog01
Honestly looks like from last years thread, a bunch of people came out of nowhere to post As without having posted II invites. Wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened this year too

Honestly looks like from last years thread, a bunch of people came out of nowhere to post As without having posted II invites. Wouldn't be surprised if the same thing happened this year too
sucks :( this is my top choice. i am also a reapp. they do reject throughout the cycle i think. last year i got rejected like in march

sucks :( this is my top choice. i am also a reapp. they do reject throughout the cycle i think. last year i got rejected like in march
Wishing you the best of luck bud, having a shot at any MD school is my top choice TT

so has anyone here interviewed or gotten an A??
i was complete in july and silence.

Hi all! I have an II in a few minutes, and then I have one for my regional one in December, I want my years to be a the Kettering Health rotation sites, so mine are split up! My date was moved it was originally 9/30 but then got moved to 10/18 due to my interviewers' schedules! Hope this helps, they just started sending out invites in late September so there is still plenty of time!!

Reactions: 5 users
Hi all! I have an II in a few minutes, and then I have one for my regional one in December, I want my years to be a the Kettering Health rotation sites, so mine are split up! My date was moved it was originally 9/30 but then got moved to 10/18 due to my interviewers' schedules! Hope this helps, they just started sending out invites in late September so there is still plenty of time!!
congrats! mind sharing stats?

I had an opportunity to talk with the Dean at an event recently (this past weekend). They just barely wrapped up early decisions and are working on regular apps. So sit tight you'll see more movement near November! I was part of the early decision GPA 3.7/MCAT 511 and went to an SDA undergrad. Good luck, everyone!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
I had an opportunity to talk with the Dean at an event recently (this past weekend). They just barely wrapped up early decisions and are working on regular apps. So sit tight you'll see more movement near November! I was part of the early decision GPA 3.7/MCAT 511 and went to an SDA undergrad. Good luck, everyone!!!
Did you get the A?!? If so congrats!

II today (10/27), LM >80, average EC's, lots of research, went to Christian (non SDA) undergrad, and wrote about personal significance of Christianity in my secondaries. Interview slots were available for basically all of November. I was complete mid-august.

Reactions: 5 users
Yea here to confirm my friend also got an II today!
did they have high stats? i have an mcat below 510. hoping to get an ii but wondering if they are interviewing people with high stats first.