You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Loma Linda
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interview 11/15 and have not.has anyone else heard back post-interview?
They’ll probably announce some A’s this Thursday if they’re following the usual Loma timeline!has anyone else heard back post-interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just got called today around 5pm and was accepted!!! Interviewed 11/01!
xSolsticex
New Member
just got the call interviewed 11/09!!I just got called today around 5pm and was accepted!!! Interviewed 11/01!
fuzzypickles
Full Member
I got the call today!! Interviewed 11/11. Congrats everyone!
Got the call! Interviewed 10/18 + 12/5 (regional program interview) Accepted yayay! There is still plenty of time y'all, keep the faith!!
Congrats everyone!! Just a reminder if you're SDA and went to an SDA undergrad, you can expect to hear back sooner. If your non-SDA but went to an SDA undergrad or have ties to LLU, you have an advantage but that will only carry you so far (obviously need a good app to back it up). If your non-SDA and went to a non-SDA undergrad, you can expect to hear back much later in the season (March-ish), and you'll probably be waitlisted unless you have an MCAT that is amazing with a stellar application to back it up.
LLU will preferentially fill their spots with SDA students first, then people who went to their undergrads (who may not be SDA), then people who are non-SDA/non-religious (They tend to take the cream of the crop for this last section). If you get put on the waitlist, you should hear back around March-April. Waitlist spots can expect to hear back anywhere from 1-2 months before the program starts in late July.
None of this is hard and fast data, but this is pretty much what I have gathered from talking amongst classmates and those in other classes above and below us. If you guys have any other specific questions, feel free to reach out. I'll do my best to get back to y'all ASAP.
Have patience and just remember they did not forget about you. If this is a place you really really want to go to, I'd recommend sending a letter of intent within the next month since interview season probably wraps up around early-mid spring next year 🙂
-LLUSM MS2
LLU will preferentially fill their spots with SDA students first, then people who went to their undergrads (who may not be SDA), then people who are non-SDA/non-religious (They tend to take the cream of the crop for this last section). If you get put on the waitlist, you should hear back around March-April. Waitlist spots can expect to hear back anywhere from 1-2 months before the program starts in late July.
None of this is hard and fast data, but this is pretty much what I have gathered from talking amongst classmates and those in other classes above and below us. If you guys have any other specific questions, feel free to reach out. I'll do my best to get back to y'all ASAP.
Have patience and just remember they did not forget about you. If this is a place you really really want to go to, I'd recommend sending a letter of intent within the next month since interview season probably wraps up around early-mid spring next year 🙂
-LLUSM MS2
kobebean131
New Member
What if your SDA and went to a non-SDA undergrad?Congrats everyone!! Just a reminder if you're SDA and went to an SDA undergrad, you can expect to hear back sooner. If your non-SDA but went to an SDA undergrad or have ties to LLU, you have an advantage but that will only carry you so far (obviously need a good app to back it up). If your non-SDA and went to a non-SDA undergrad, you can expect to hear back much later in the season (March-ish), and you'll probably be waitlisted unless you have an MCAT that is amazing with a stellar application to back it up.
LLU will preferentially fill their spots with SDA students first, then people who went to their undergrads (who may not be SDA), then people who are non-SDA/non-religious (They tend to take the cream of the crop for this last section). If you get put on the waitlist, you should hear back around March-April. Waitlist spots can expect to hear back anywhere from 1-2 months before the program starts in late July.
None of this is hard and fast data, but this is pretty much what I have gathered from talking amongst classmates and those in other classes above and below us. If you guys have any other specific questions, feel free to reach out. I'll do my best to get back to y'all ASAP.
Have patience and just remember they did not forget about you. If this is a place you really really want to go to, I'd recommend sending a letter of intent within the next month since interview season probably wraps up around early-mid spring next year 🙂
-LLUSM MS2
So from what you've gathered, would you say that non-SDA Christian applicants who go to non-SDA Christian schools are viewed favorably by LLU?Congrats everyone!! Just a reminder if you're SDA and went to an SDA undergrad, you can expect to hear back sooner. If your non-SDA but went to an SDA undergrad or have ties to LLU, you have an advantage but that will only carry you so far (obviously need a good app to back it up). If your non-SDA and went to a non-SDA undergrad, you can expect to hear back much later in the season (March-ish), and you'll probably be waitlisted unless you have an MCAT that is amazing with a stellar application to back it up.
LLU will preferentially fill their spots with SDA students first, then people who went to their undergrads (who may not be SDA), then people who are non-SDA/non-religious (They tend to take the cream of the crop for this last section). If you get put on the waitlist, you should hear back around March-April. Waitlist spots can expect to hear back anywhere from 1-2 months before the program starts in late July.
None of this is hard and fast data, but this is pretty much what I have gathered from talking amongst classmates and those in other classes above and below us. If you guys have any other specific questions, feel free to reach out. I'll do my best to get back to y'all ASAP.
Have patience and just remember they did not forget about you. If this is a place you really really want to go to, I'd recommend sending a letter of intent within the next month since interview season probably wraps up around early-mid spring next year 🙂
-LLUSM MS2
The way they pick is top tier SDA applicants --> top tier non-SDA applicants --> Average SDA applicants --> Average non-SDA applicants. Then, if placed on the waitlist, they usually pick lower-tier SDA applicants over non-SDA applicants.So from what you've gathered, would you say that non-SDA Christian applicants who go to non-SDA Christian schools are viewed favorably by LLU?
You still have a lot of time! It is not over till its over!If I haven't received an II until now, is this a silent rejection? 🙁 This is my top choice school.
Hi everyone! Current MS1 here if anyone has Q's! I saw some q's about the timeline for hearing back post interview. It's been said in the thread, but there is no science to it. I interviewed late oct last year and heard back ~4 weeks later but I know ppl who waited 2 months before getting an A on the same day I did. Everyone's journey/timeline will be a little different. Praying for ya'll! Keep your head up!
HalJordann
Full Member
II received 1/4. Non-SDA, LM 70, ORM. Submitted 7/11.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats, mind sharing stats? Also are you SDA?II received 1/6. IS, ORM, Submitted 9/20
Any calls today?
kobebean131
New Member
thats what I've been wondering. When do you think is the latest they will call?Any calls today?
Any calls today?
Do you guys think it will be today and not next Thursday? I was assuming it was the third Thursday of each month because people posted about their A’s on Nov 17 and Dec 15 😵💫thats what I've been wondering. When do you think is the latest they will call?
And from past threads I think they start calling around 5 PM
Not sure! We will see 👀Do you guys think it will be today and not next Thursday? I was assuming it was the third Thursday of each month because people posted about their A’s on Nov 17 and Dec 15 😵💫
And from past threads I think they start calling around 5 PM
Also, assuming 5 PM Pacific time?
Yes! PSTNot sure! We will see 👀
Also, assuming 5 PM Pacific time?
Don Medleone
New Member
JUST GOT THE CALL!!! Accepted OOS interviewed 11/15
mauliola808
New Member
Accepted!! Got the call around 7:40 PST. OOS, non-SDA, interviewed 10/31. Beyond grateful, rooting for the rest of you!
kobebean131
New Member
any current students I could talk to?
Email admissions, I wanted to talk to students and they will connect you to an ambassador!any current students I could talk to?
Anyone here accepted to one of the regional campuses?
I just got accepted to the Orlando campus on 1/12Anyone here accepted to one of the regional campuses?
I am accepted to the Kettering campus and was curious if there were other students on here!! Congrats!I just got accepted to the Orlando campus on 1/12
Another question, does anyone know when second look day is?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Usually in April, but they're having an open house for all their degrees/schools Jan. 29th if you wanna get a feel for the campus!Another question, does anyone know when second look day is?
captain4250
Full Member
Submitted my app back in September. Application been under review for 4 months now. Is this a silent R?
Don't lose faith it is not over till its over!Submitted my app back in September. Application been under review for 4 months now. Is this a silent R?
interview invite just now!! complete mid-august
VariousClocks
New Member
Anyone else accepted and going to this school? Hoping I get to know at least a few names before starting. I'm international btw.
PM me!
PM me!
how many interviews are left??For anyone wondering, LLUSOM interviewed 303 applicants last year and accepted 237 students for their 176 spots. They gave these stats at their open house this past weekend.
this thread has been pretty dead. anyone know if they are still giving out interviews? this school is my top choice :/
xSolsticex
New Member
do you guys think they will send As this thursday or next thursday
Based on previous years, it seems like it would be today but who knows?do you guys think they will send As this thursday or next thursday
I am not sure, also wondering this!this thread has been pretty dead. anyone know if they are still giving out interviews? this school is my top choice :/
Just got the call!!! Interviewed 12/5!
Congrats! Mind sharing stats?Just got the call!!! Interviewed 12/5!
Thank you! LM 67 🙂Congrats! Mind sharing stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
fuzzypickles
Full Member
Yay!! So happy for you =)Just got the call!!! Interviewed 12/5!
Thank you!!! 🙂 <3Yay!! So happy for you =)
ACCEPTED. Feels like I'm in a dream
Congrats!!! Did you get the call today or yesterday?