2022-2023 Loma Linda

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
has anyone else heard back post-interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got called today around 5pm and was accepted!!! Interviewed 11/01!

Reactions: 2 users
Got the call! Interviewed 10/18 + 12/5 (regional program interview) Accepted yayay! There is still plenty of time y'all, keep the faith!!

Congrats everyone!! Just a reminder if you're SDA and went to an SDA undergrad, you can expect to hear back sooner. If your non-SDA but went to an SDA undergrad or have ties to LLU, you have an advantage but that will only carry you so far (obviously need a good app to back it up). If your non-SDA and went to a non-SDA undergrad, you can expect to hear back much later in the season (March-ish), and you'll probably be waitlisted unless you have an MCAT that is amazing with a stellar application to back it up.

LLU will preferentially fill their spots with SDA students first, then people who went to their undergrads (who may not be SDA), then people who are non-SDA/non-religious (They tend to take the cream of the crop for this last section). If you get put on the waitlist, you should hear back around March-April. Waitlist spots can expect to hear back anywhere from 1-2 months before the program starts in late July.

None of this is hard and fast data, but this is pretty much what I have gathered from talking amongst classmates and those in other classes above and below us. If you guys have any other specific questions, feel free to reach out. I'll do my best to get back to y'all ASAP.

Have patience and just remember they did not forget about you. If this is a place you really really want to go to, I'd recommend sending a letter of intent within the next month since interview season probably wraps up around early-mid spring next year :)

-LLUSM MS2

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats everyone!! Just a reminder if you're SDA and went to an SDA undergrad, you can expect to hear back sooner. If your non-SDA but went to an SDA undergrad or have ties to LLU, you have an advantage but that will only carry you so far (obviously need a good app to back it up). If your non-SDA and went to a non-SDA undergrad, you can expect to hear back much later in the season (March-ish), and you'll probably be waitlisted unless you have an MCAT that is amazing with a stellar application to back it up.

LLU will preferentially fill their spots with SDA students first, then people who went to their undergrads (who may not be SDA), then people who are non-SDA/non-religious (They tend to take the cream of the crop for this last section). If you get put on the waitlist, you should hear back around March-April. Waitlist spots can expect to hear back anywhere from 1-2 months before the program starts in late July.

None of this is hard and fast data, but this is pretty much what I have gathered from talking amongst classmates and those in other classes above and below us. If you guys have any other specific questions, feel free to reach out. I'll do my best to get back to y'all ASAP.

Have patience and just remember they did not forget about you. If this is a place you really really want to go to, I'd recommend sending a letter of intent within the next month since interview season probably wraps up around early-mid spring next year :)

-LLUSM MS2
What if your SDA and went to a non-SDA undergrad?

-LLUSM MS2
So from what you've gathered, would you say that non-SDA Christian applicants who go to non-SDA Christian schools are viewed favorably by LLU?

So from what you've gathered, would you say that non-SDA Christian applicants who go to non-SDA Christian schools are viewed favorably by LLU?
The way they pick is top tier SDA applicants --> top tier non-SDA applicants --> Average SDA applicants --> Average non-SDA applicants. Then, if placed on the waitlist, they usually pick lower-tier SDA applicants over non-SDA applicants.

If I haven't received an II until now, is this a silent rejection? :( This is my top choice school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone! Current MS1 here if anyone has Q's! I saw some q's about the timeline for hearing back post interview. It's been said in the thread, but there is no science to it. I interviewed late oct last year and heard back ~4 weeks later but I know ppl who waited 2 months before getting an A on the same day I did. Everyone's journey/timeline will be a little different. Praying for ya'll! Keep your head up!

Reactions: 5 users
II received 1/4. Non-SDA, LM 70, ORM. Submitted 7/11.

Reactions: 5 users
Any calls today?
thats what I've been wondering. When do you think is the latest they will call?
Do you guys think it will be today and not next Thursday? I was assuming it was the third Thursday of each month because people posted about their A’s on Nov 17 and Dec 15 😵‍💫
And from past threads I think they start calling around 5 PM

Do you guys think it will be today and not next Thursday? I was assuming it was the third Thursday of each month because people posted about their A’s on Nov 17 and Dec 15 😵‍💫
And from past threads I think they start calling around 5 PM
Not sure! We will see 👀

Also, assuming 5 PM Pacific time?

Accepted!! Got the call around 7:40 PST. OOS, non-SDA, interviewed 10/31. Beyond grateful, rooting for the rest of you!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Submitted my app back in September. Application been under review for 4 months now. Is this a silent R?

interview invite just now!! complete mid-august

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone else accepted and going to this school? Hoping I get to know at least a few names before starting. I'm international btw.

PM me!

For anyone wondering, LLUSOM interviewed 303 applicants last year and accepted 237 students for their 176 spots. They gave these stats at their open house this past weekend.

• Love
For anyone wondering, LLUSOM interviewed 303 applicants last year and accepted 237 students for their 176 spots. They gave these stats at their open house this past weekend.
how many interviews are left??

this thread has been pretty dead. anyone know if they are still giving out interviews? this school is my top choice :/

I’m not sure but when I signed up for my interview, there were a few dates into the first and second week of February that were available. I received II 12/21 and interviewed 1/30.

Reactions: 1 users
I received a WL notification today. LM73, non-SDA but Christian, OOS. I suspect I’ll be waiting for the long haul based off of previous years forums.

• Care