You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Maryland
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted1120105
what's the waitlist movement here like?
From what I saw on MSAR, there's 200 applicants that got waitlisted and only 15 acceptances were offered out of the waitlist in a past cycle.what's the waitlist movement here like?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1144479
If true, that feels incredibly disrespectful. I saw their accepted students day was March 3 so it seems they made their minds up before extending these IIs that all the As were given out -- especially if their 4-6 week window extends to a decision date past March 3. They should at least be transparent about that.I'm thinking that those who interviewed later in January and February and didn't get accepted before Second Look Day for UMaryland are the ones who likely got interviewed for waitlist spots rather than acceptances.
On top of that, the admissions decision email had me click an "invalid link" to see my decision.
And to top it off, there's no option to withdraw on the student portal. Sloppy.
Yeah, right? If true, that's pretty underhanded of UMSOM to do this and not be upfront with their applicants that they're interviewing for wait-list positions at this point in the cycle.If true, that feels incredibly disrespectful. I saw their accepted students day was March 3 so it seems they made their minds up before extending these IIs that all the As were given out -- especially if their 4-6 week window extends to a decision date past March 3. They should at least be transparent about that.
On top of that, the admissions decision email had me click an "invalid link" to see my decision.
And to top it off, there's no option to withdraw on the student portal. Sloppy.
inshallahdoc
New Member
Does this school have a pass/fail grading system? I am getting mixed answers online.
No they have Honors/high pass/pass/fail. Basically ABCFDoes this school have a pass/fail grading system? I am getting mixed answers online.
Withdrew my A + scholly! Hope it goes to one of y’all!!!
Last edited:
Yup basically letter graded but the cut offs are lower. So Honors is >88% HP >78% P >68%. It’s not so bad though. All of the exam averages for my class were 82-92% with the majority being around 86%. No curves or limits to the number of students who get honors either.No they have Honors/high pass/pass/fail. Basically ABCF
But there’s a rumor going around that they might be switching to pure P/F soon! (Soon as in not this incoming class but maybe 2-3 years).
D
deleted1120105
wow it's so quiet here 🙁
Legallyblonde<3
Full Member
has anyone on the waitlist gotten an email about being on the top or bottom half?
No and im slowly losing my mind. I want to rip my hair out.has anyone on the waitlist gotten an email about being on the top or bottom half?
ibubrofen
Full Member
retweetNo and im slowly losing my mind. I want to rip my hair out.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Legallyblonde<3
Full Member
nope, nothingHas anyone got an email saying what half of the waitlist they're in yet? I'm over here crying in the club because I haven't heard anything. What if the class is full 😭
mstplease97
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything RE waitlist for Maryland? I’m and MSTP candidate and it has been dead silent….
D
deleted1120105
Not yet but I'm a bit concerned. Could this mean the class is already oversubscribed if we haven't even received waitlist procedures yet?
Legallyblonde<3
Full Member
that’s my guess, but i don’t knowNot yet but I'm a bit concerned. Could this mean the class is already oversubscribed if we haven't even received waitlist procedures yet?
D
deleted1120105
If you do, please let us know!Would it be too soon to call and ask about the waitlist/if the class is full ?
My friend got accepted off the waitlist today!
mstplease97
Full Member
Also just got this and as an MSTP applicant I am so confused as I was already waitlisted in February…just got the waitlist procedures email
ibubrofen
Full Member
Yeah idk if you caught this in the admissions decision info but they said "You will receive an official letter in early May 2023 with specific details regarding the Waitlist process." So that's what this isAlso just got this and as an MSTP applicant I am so confused as I was already waitlisted in February…
But it sounds like they're sending this out after filling the remaining spots
Last edited:
I got an earlier UMSOM email telling me I'm in the upper half of applicants for the waitlist and then an hour passed and they said it was a mistake, I'm actually in the lower half of applicants now. My chances are done with UMSOM now.
Okay that’s so horrible. I’m so sorry you had to go through that today. The administration sucks here 🙁I got an earlier UMSOM email telling me I'm in the upper half of applicants for the waitlist and then an hour passed and they said it was a mistake, I'm actually in the lower half of applicants now. My chances are done with UMSOM now.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
driverfearless
Full Member
MSTP applicant here who got waitlisted back in Feb. I also got the official waitlist letter today. I hope there's some WL movement cuz UMSOM is the closest school to my home city...
Legallyblonde<3
Full Member
i got the same vibe 🙁But it sounds like they're sending this out after filling the remaining spots
CaptTyinKnots
Full Member
How many are there now?we had new ppl join the group me!
This is just me venting so feel free to ignore me, but I cannot comprehend why they can't give us a better indicator of where we are on the waitlist. I'm not asking for an exact number, but upper half does nothing for me but leave me in an anxious purgatory. If I'm #70 I'm upper half but have no chance of getting off ☹️.
Also I wonder how many people are accepted and not in the gc. Last year they had 145 new entrants according to their website, and on sdn a few people got taken off the waitlist. But rn there are only 142 people in the gc. I know their class size is approximately 140 but I was hoping they would at least do 145 again this year
Also I wonder how many people are accepted and not in the gc. Last year they had 145 new entrants according to their website, and on sdn a few people got taken off the waitlist. But rn there are only 142 people in the gc. I know their class size is approximately 140 but I was hoping they would at least do 145 again this year
Also waitlisted MSTP applicant here, I emailed the PD for the MSTP and she said that the MSTP waitlist and the UMSOM waitlist are separate.MSTP applicant here who got waitlisted back in Feb. I also got the official waitlist letter today. I hope there's some WL movement cuz UMSOM is the closest school to my home city...
She also mentioned that they don't anticipate making any offers until June.
CaptTyinKnots
Full Member
Offers for both or just MSTP?Also waitlisted MSTP applicant here, I emailed the PD for the MSTP and she said that the MSTP waitlist and the UMSOM waitlist are separate.
She also mentioned that they don't anticipate making any offers until June.
usernaem1844
New Member
It looks like there have been people added to the facebook, does that mean there has been waitlist movement? Have there been people added to groupme
usernaem1844
New Member
How many in the groupme now?
CaptTyinKnots
Full Member
Just got the call! 🎉
D
deleted1120105
For those who got the call and weren’t able to answer, was a voicemail left?
usernaem1844
New Member
has anyone been added to the groupme recently? i see the members going up on fb
CaptTyinKnots
Full Member
There were a few who were added last week. It’s currently at 154.has anyone been added to the groupme recently? i see the members going up on fb
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad