2022-2023 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anybody who interviewed on 2/1 heard back by any chance?
I feel like the Jets waiting on the Aaron Rodgers decision. They should obey the 6 week deadline

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I just got placed on the waitlist. Interview 2/1

I'm thinking that those who interviewed later in January and February and didn't get accepted before Second Look Day for UMaryland are the ones who likely got interviewed for waitlist spots rather than acceptances.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking that those who interviewed later in January and February and didn't get accepted before Second Look Day for UMaryland are the ones who likely got interviewed for waitlist spots rather than acceptances.
If true, that feels incredibly disrespectful. I saw their accepted students day was March 3 so it seems they made their minds up before extending these IIs that all the As were given out -- especially if their 4-6 week window extends to a decision date past March 3. They should at least be transparent about that.

On top of that, the admissions decision email had me click an "invalid link" to see my decision.

And to top it off, there's no option to withdraw on the student portal. Sloppy.

Reactions: 1 users
If true, that feels incredibly disrespectful. I saw their accepted students day was March 3 so it seems they made their minds up before extending these IIs that all the As were given out -- especially if their 4-6 week window extends to a decision date past March 3. They should at least be transparent about that.

On top of that, the admissions decision email had me click an "invalid link" to see my decision.

And to top it off, there's no option to withdraw on the student portal. Sloppy.
Yeah, right? If true, that's pretty underhanded of UMSOM to do this and not be upfront with their applicants that they're interviewing for wait-list positions at this point in the cycle.

Does this school have a pass/fail grading system? I am getting mixed answers online.

Withdrew my A + scholly! Hope it goes to one of y’all!!!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
No they have Honors/high pass/pass/fail. Basically ABCF
Yup basically letter graded but the cut offs are lower. So Honors is >88% HP >78% P >68%. It’s not so bad though. All of the exam averages for my class were 82-92% with the majority being around 86%. No curves or limits to the number of students who get honors either.

But there’s a rumor going around that they might be switching to pure P/F soon! (Soon as in not this incoming class but maybe 2-3 years).

Officially withdrawing my A. Loved everything about this school and people I met at 2nd look!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone on the waitlist gotten an email about being on the top or bottom half?

Gave up my MSTP seat here now! I hope movement begins soon for everyone.

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone got an email saying what half of the waitlist they're in yet? I'm over here crying in the club because I haven't heard anything. What if the class is full 😭

It hurts even more when maryland med students rotate at your job 😭

I think it's bc aamc had data inconsistency issues with the WL this week, which was resolved late on Thursday. I'm assuming that we will hear back early next week

Has anyone heard anything RE waitlist for Maryland? I’m and MSTP candidate and it has been dead silent….

Not yet but I'm a bit concerned. Could this mean the class is already oversubscribed if we haven't even received waitlist procedures yet?

Would it be too soon to call and ask about the waitlist/if the class is full ?

Last edited:
Also just got this and as an MSTP applicant I am so confused as I was already waitlisted in February…
Yeah idk if you caught this in the admissions decision info but they said "You will receive an official letter in early May 2023 with specific details regarding the Waitlist process." So that's what this is

But it sounds like they're sending this out after filling the remaining spots

Last edited:
I got an earlier UMSOM email telling me I'm in the upper half of applicants for the waitlist and then an hour passed and they said it was a mistake, I'm actually in the lower half of applicants now. My chances are done with UMSOM now.

I got an earlier UMSOM email telling me I'm in the upper half of applicants for the waitlist and then an hour passed and they said it was a mistake, I'm actually in the lower half of applicants now. My chances are done with UMSOM now.
Okay that’s so horrible. I’m so sorry you had to go through that today. The administration sucks here :(

MSTP applicant here who got waitlisted back in Feb. I also got the official waitlist letter today. I hope there's some WL movement cuz UMSOM is the closest school to my home city...

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the likelihood of getting off the upper half of the waitlist?

This is just me venting so feel free to ignore me, but I cannot comprehend why they can't give us a better indicator of where we are on the waitlist. I'm not asking for an exact number, but upper half does nothing for me but leave me in an anxious purgatory. If I'm #70 I'm upper half but have no chance of getting off ☹️.

Also I wonder how many people are accepted and not in the gc. Last year they had 145 new entrants according to their website, and on sdn a few people got taken off the waitlist. But rn there are only 142 people in the gc. I know their class size is approximately 140 but I was hoping they would at least do 145 again this year

MSTP applicant here who got waitlisted back in Feb. I also got the official waitlist letter today. I hope there's some WL movement cuz UMSOM is the closest school to my home city...
Also waitlisted MSTP applicant here, I emailed the PD for the MSTP and she said that the MSTP waitlist and the UMSOM waitlist are separate.

She also mentioned that they don't anticipate making any offers until June.

Also waitlisted MSTP applicant here, I emailed the PD for the MSTP and she said that the MSTP waitlist and the UMSOM waitlist are separate.

She also mentioned that they don't anticipate making any offers until June.
Offers for both or just MSTP?

Withdrew my name from the upper waitlist. Good luck everyone!

It looks like there have been people added to the facebook, does that mean there has been waitlist movement? Have there been people added to groupme

For those who got the call and weren’t able to answer, was a voicemail left?

has anyone been added to the groupme recently? i see the members going up on fb

Any dual degree program people get off the waitlist? Just wondering cause the CTE deadline for one of my programs is getting close