2022-2023 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hate to be this guy but where are y’all seeing the lock? Is it on the status page? Mine still just says application complete with the green check

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I received a call for the A just now! Interviewed 12/5, OOS.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Alright thanks everyone! Time flies by… I forgot things are slowing down now

Just got waitlisted, interviewed 12/7, OOS

Last edited by a moderator:
A!!! My first acceptance, so I'm really happy! Interviewed early December. OOS, LM 68
Also, I didn't receive a call on Monday informing me of the A, just an email telling me to check my portal today (Wednesday).

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
A!!! My first acceptance, so I'm really happy! Interviewed early December. OOS, LM 68
Also, I didn't receive a call on Monday informing me of the A, just an email telling me to check my portal today (Wednesday).
Congrats!! So happy for you :)

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Anyone had any luck negotiating financial aid with this school? Would love to attend but want to know if anyone has had luck getting them to match scholarships from other schools

Anyone had any luck negotiating financial aid with this school? Would love to attend but want to know if anyone has had luck getting them to match scholarships from other schools

They sent out financial aid packets?

Any hope for an interview at this point?
Unfortunately, I believe that no more interviews are being sent out. Our interview season is over (last interview day was last week I think but not 100% sure).

• Wow
everyone waiting for an II

cover3.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
me after getting the MSTP pre-interview rejection on 2/2 and being told I'm now being considered for the MD program.
519.png

• Haha
Interviewed 12/14 and placed on hold today. Did anyone who interviewed this day get accepted? I’m seeing mostly holds and am getting my hopes up that it’s not just me

I interviewed 1/9 and placed on hold today for the MSTP. Their website states:

"After a series of interviews, the MSTP Admissions Committee, in conjunction with the Medical School Admissions Committee, meet to determine the acceptance of each candidate. MSTP applicants that are not accepted or placed on hold for the dual degree program are given consideration for the MD only program."

So, does this "on hold" decision mean I'm on the WL?

I interviewed 1/9 and placed on hold today for the MSTP. Their website states:

"After a series of interviews, the MSTP Admissions Committee, in conjunction with the Medical School Admissions Committee, meet to determine the acceptance of each candidate. MSTP applicants that are not accepted or placed on hold for the dual degree program are given consideration for the MD only program."

So, does this "on hold" decision mean I'm on the WL?
Reached out to a friend in the program and it seems like hold isn’t the same as waitlist. As in, they haven’t given out all their acceptances yet, so we may still get a true acceptance in the coming weeks. Wish they had given more of a timeline, but at least we weren’t moved to the “MD only” consideration.

Reached out to a friend in the program and it seems like hold isn’t the same as waitlist. As in, they haven’t given out all their acceptances yet, so we may still get a true acceptance in the coming weeks. Wish they had given more of a timeline, but at least we weren’t moved to the “MD only” consideration.
It seems like they've already finished all their interviews. Why would they put us "on hold" then?

Interviewed 12/14 and placed on hold today. Did anyone who interviewed this day get accepted? I’m seeing mostly holds and am getting my hopes up that it’s not just me
How did you know you were put on hold post-interview?

Last edited:
So this cycle, I only got 2 IIs and UMaryland was my 2nd II. My first school II didn't accept me, and it's TBA on if they're gonna WL or R me as they say they will follow up on whether I'm WL or R. I'm considering writing a letter of intent to UMaryland to strengthen my shot with UMaryland as it's now looking like my only shot at an MD program. What are y'alls thoughts on sending a letter due to Maryland being my last II school I have a shot at this AMCAS cycle?

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 1 user
So this cycle, I only got 2 IIs and UMaryland was my 2nd II. My first school II didn't accept me, and it's TBA on if they're gonna WL or R me as they say they will follow up on whether I'm WL or R. I'm considering writing a letter of intent to UMaryland to strengthen my shot with UMaryland. What are y'alls thoughts on sending a letter due to Maryland being my last II school I have a shot at this AMCAS cycle?

Do it if they allow it

So this cycle, I only got 2 IIs and UMaryland was my 2nd II. My first school II didn't accept me, and it's TBA on if they're gonna WL or R me as they say they will follow up on whether I'm WL or R. I'm considering writing a letter of intent to UMaryland to strengthen my shot with UMaryland. What are y'alls thoughts on sending a letter due to Maryland being my last II school I have a shot at this AMCAS cycle?

If they accept/consider LOIs, I don’t think it can hurt

I saw on IG that University of Maryland SOM is hosting a Second Look Day on March 3rd, 2023.