2022-2023 Maryland

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an OOS applicant. Just looking at the oos tuition which is really high. Anybody know if it is possible to qualify for in state after the first year?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
havent heard anything back from them yet 🙁 been checking my portal occasionally after i realized that i accidentally didnt send my letters to all my schools. this made me complete early september but now on my portal it says that my letter was recieved 10/19?????? but i was marked complete early september ?? is this just a fluke or did something go wrong 🙁
 
havent heard anything back from them yet 🙁 been checking my portal occasionally after i realized that i accidentally didnt send my letters to all my schools. this made me complete early september but now on my portal it says that my letter was recieved 10/19?????? but i was marked complete early september ?? is this just a fluke or did something go wrong 🙁

Perhaps that’s when they verified that it was received on their part?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II offered! OOS (though lived in MD for almost a year now, I filed taxes with MD, and have familial connections with a neighboring state if it had any influence on my residency status for admissions purposes), ORM, LM 70, WARS 71, Submitted 10/6
 
Last edited:
Anyone submit late August get a II? 🙁

@majorlazer4196 What are the available interview dates? (someone said the interview is already fully booked till Jan)
 
Thanks! I was really surprised about the news as I submitted my secondary rather late, though I sent out my primary rather early though like on June 14th.

Yea, the timeline is really random. I added them much later to my list but turned out to be one of my sooner II. I’m happy for you, this school is amazing from what I learned during interview day and my own research.
 
Can anyone who has interviewed here tell me if the two interviews are each a half hour or the full hour? Thank you!
On interview day, admissions staff said they last an average of 20-40 min, but some people do take the full hour; I took the full hour in both. Hope that helps!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do any current UMSOM students know if pre-clinical years are true pass/fail? I see their website mentions a combination of pass/fail and honors/high pass/pass/fail, but it doesn't specify for which years.
Not a student, but I know that only the first course is truly Pass/Fail. It’s some kind of statistical analysis. All other pre-clinical courses are honors/high pass/pass/fail.
 
Do we know how recently they made this change? Their website says "this new system replaces the previous letter-grade system," so I'm just wondering if they'll consider changing to all pass/fail in the near future lol
They made the change in the past 3 years. And they do not have plans to move completely Pass/Fail either.
Yeah “replacing the letter grade system” but really just relabeling the letters 😂