2022-2023 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
II OOS complete 7/17 with no ties and ORM. Interviewing early December :)
LizzyM 68

Reactions: 3 users
I am an OOS applicant. Just looking at the oos tuition which is really high. Anybody know if it is possible to qualify for in state after the first year?

Members don't see this ad :)
havent heard anything back from them yet :( been checking my portal occasionally after i realized that i accidentally didnt send my letters to all my schools. this made me complete early september but now on my portal it says that my letter was recieved 10/19?????? but i was marked complete early september ?? is this just a fluke or did something go wrong :(

havent heard anything back from them yet :( been checking my portal occasionally after i realized that i accidentally didnt send my letters to all my schools. this made me complete early september but now on my portal it says that my letter was recieved 10/19?????? but i was marked complete early september ?? is this just a fluke or did something go wrong :(

Perhaps that’s when they verified that it was received on their part?

Seems like A’s are released on Wednesdays mainly. Fingers crossed for tomorrow

Seems like A’s are released on Wednesdays mainly. Fingers crossed for tomorrow

Many people received phone calls for their acceptances on Halloween. The official acceptances for those same people should be hitting their inbox today.

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone who just got an II recently, what were the available interview dates at this time in the cycle?

Got in just moments ago via phone call. Still wiping the tears of joy.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Did everyone who was accepted recieved a phone call beforehand? Or is it likely to just receive an email with a status update?

Did everyone who was accepted recieved a phone call beforehand? Or is it likely to just receive an email with a status update?

Got a call from my interviewer stating they just left the committee meeting. They added that an email will come within the next few days.

II offered! OOS (though lived in MD for almost a year now, I filed taxes with MD, and have familial connections with a neighboring state if it had any influence on my residency status for admissions purposes), ORM, LM 70, WARS 71, Submitted 10/6

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone submit late August get a II? :(

@majorlazer4196 What are the available interview dates? (someone said the interview is already fully booked till Jan)

Thanks! I was really surprised about the news as I submitted my secondary rather late, though I sent out my primary rather early though like on June 14th.

Yea, the timeline is really random. I added them much later to my list but turned out to be one of my sooner II. I’m happy for you, this school is amazing from what I learned during interview day and my own research.

Anyone here get an II for the MSTP? I was complete mid August and haven't heard back :(

Sorry forgot to post, but II received 10/26. Complete 7/16. OOS but with strong ties. Hoping for the best!

anyone complete late august heard anything? i'm OOS but bordering state. crossing my fingers for good news. best of luck to everyone and congrats to those with the A!

Can anyone who has interviewed here tell me if the two interviews are each a half hour or the full hour? Thank you!

Any instate ORMs received II after Oct 18th? Thank you

Can anyone who has interviewed here tell me if the two interviews are each a half hour or the full hour? Thank you!
On interview day, admissions staff said they last an average of 20-40 min, but some people do take the full hour; I took the full hour in both. Hope that helps!

Do any current UMSOM students know if pre-clinical years are true pass/fail? I see their website mentions a combination of pass/fail and honors/high pass/pass/fail, but it doesn't specify for which years.
Not a student, but I know that only the first course is truly Pass/Fail. It’s some kind of statistical analysis. All other pre-clinical courses are honors/high pass/pass/fail.

Not a student, but I know that only the first course is truly Pass/Fail. It’s some kind of statistical analysis. All other pre-clinical courses are honors/high pass/pass/fail.

Yes, this was mentioned during interview day

Do we know how recently they made this change? Their website says "this new system replaces the previous letter-grade system," so I'm just wondering if they'll consider changing to all pass/fail in the near future lol
They made the change in the past 3 years. And they do not have plans to move completely Pass/Fail either.
Yeah “replacing the letter grade system” but really just relabeling the letters 😂