2022-2023 Maryland

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
IS II today, complete 7/20 LM is 66

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 8/1. Haven't heard from them yet. Should I be expecting an R at this point? OOS but neighboring state, ORM.

Complete 8/1. Haven't heard from them yet. Should I be expecting an R at this point? OOS but neighboring state, ORM.
I wouldn't expect an R. It seems like they've only reached out to people who submitted early to mid July. If you're OOS, they probably haven't gotten to your app yet. Hang in there!

another thing is that not all schools go in order! they could also set aside your application and return to it at some point (think sorta like a hold, but unspoken) waiting is 1000% the worst part, but you got this!

edit: @screwedpremed999 :)

I'm IS, 520, 3.87cGPA, 3.96sGPA, and this is my #1 school by 1000 miles, why can't they just love me back and give me an II :(

Edit: Complete 7/9 too so I guess the soft-R hold is coming my way soon

Last edited:
I'm IS, 520, 3.87cGPA, 3.96sGPA, and this is my #1 school by 1000 miles, why can't they just love me back and give me an II :(
Best of luck. Where did you do undergrad? In Maryland or out of state?

Edit: Complete 7/9 too so I guess the soft-R hold is coming my way soon
Maryland would be dumb not to interview you. I think it’s coming maybe just not this wave!

Reactions: 1 user
Maryland would be dumb not to interview you. I think it’s coming maybe just not this wave!
I agree. But I feel that the federal government and AAMC should do something about this year long admission process and make it more open , transparent and very short. Add some objectivity into the process. It is amazing to me how no one cares about how much stress they put these applicants into and not even show any sympathy. Every year it is getting worse and worse. Even the applicants and their parents don’t seem to have the energy and will to question the process.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I was checking the portals last night and found that I hadn't actually submitted to UMD (like paid fees and all but literally didn't submit). LOL my submission date is now 1.5 months later than what I thought but here we go iguess.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I logged onto the portal and noticed that the date marked as "received" for my LOR packet was two days ago on 8/24.... I could have sworn that all the checks were green when I submitted on 7/27. All of my others schools received the LOR packet from the committee on 7/26 which is when I thought I saw it post on the Maryland portal as well. Is it worth contacting the school about this? I feel like this means I am almost a month behind since they probably didn't consider me complete but I don't understand how its possible that they JUST received it

I logged onto the portal and noticed that the date marked as "received" for my LOR packet was two days ago on 8/24.... I could have sworn that all the checks were green when I submitted on 7/27. All of my others schools received the LOR packet from the committee on 7/26 which is when I thought I saw it post on the Maryland portal as well. Is it worth contacting the school about this? I feel like this means I am almost a month behind since they probably didn't consider me complete but I don't understand how its possible that they JUST received it
When you add schools on AMCAS and/or assign LORs to any of the schools, those dates update. Don't worry about it:)

Have any IIs for MD/Master's gone out yet?

I explicitly said in my secondary that they were my #1 so I would hope not

I think ~if~ large IF you are not offered a II, you can safely assume it’s due to yield protection. I am terribly sorry the process is this way, but take heart and pride that you have a strong application!!

Has anyone completed the Residency Form, or is this something we don't need to worry about until we receive an admissions decision? I tried to fill it out today, but the earliest term available is Spring 2023, when we are applicants for Fall 2023. This subject got a lot of attention on last year's thread, so wanted to clarify.

Per the portal, "The Office of Admissions bases your residency on what you selected in the AMCAS Legal Residence field," so I would assume filling it out won't affect our application if we classified MD as legal residence on AMCAS. But given how much preference they give to IS students, it may make sense to make it clear early.

Any IIs these past 2 weeks?
I don’t think so. Based on previous threads they send out a first wave and then wait 2 weeks, and then start sending them out weekly. My guess is another round will be sent out this week

Reactions: 1 users
my application just got under review.. it has a lock by it.. did yalls have that too?
Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 4.37.23 AM.png

II this morning. OOS, completed around 7/15

Reactions: 2 users
Would love to hear about the student experience at UMSOM! Please dm me if you are willing. Thanks!

Any IIs for IS ORMs yet? It has been very quiet.

Reactions: 1 user
MCAT <509, 3.9 Significant clinical hours (>3000 hrs)
Meaningful volunteer (>300 hrs)
Complete around 7/12
Hi congrats!! What was the earliest interview date available when you scheduled? I’m curious how many II have already been sent out