2022-2023 Miami (Miller)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone that interviewed December 2nd or later received a notification of acceptance or waitlist? They never added my update letter to my app so I’m hoping they did not look at mine yesterday
I interviewed 12/9, and our cohort was told we wouldn’t hear back until 1/11 at the earliest
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called. They were quite nice. They said my application was in the queue and that my application should be scored during the holiday season.
This may be extra but how did the call happen? Did you straight up ask when you would be scored or just asked for your status? I'm thinking about calling as well so thank you for your help 🙂
 
This may be extra but how did the call happen? Did you straight up ask when you would be scored or just asked for your status? I'm thinking about calling as well so thank you for your help 🙂
Their office is closed for the holidays. I just tried to call earlier with a question
 
This may be extra but how did the call happen? Did you straight up ask when you would be scored or just asked for your status? I'm thinking about calling as well so thank you for your help 🙂
I just tried to be as polite and non-pushy as possible -- Just asked what the timeline would look like for my application since I submitted it back in July. I also asked them if they received my update letter.
 
Does anyone have any information on what the culture is like at this school? Are students generally happy and well supported? Is it more collaborative or competitive? Work life balance?
All of this seemed exceptional from my interview day, and my friend is an M1 there and totally reiterated that for me
 
So I just called admissions since I have not been scored either. The person said that they are waiting to hear back from the committee. Does this just mean that I will not be scored and basically rejected? I tried to see if my app went through any reviewers but she just repeated that they are waiting to hear back from the committee. She was very nice however but I'm most likely expecting an R with no score 🙁
I think you should take that with a grain of salt. I don’t think the office people know exactly when certain people are scored etc. They interview all the way up to March so I would just wait it out. There’s really no telling how they go about this process, as there’s plenty of people that received II’s without being “scored” as well. The reality is that we are in the dark about admissions process with all schools. Just be patient and let go of things we cannot control. If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be. I know it’s a long process but it’s not over until it’s over, and never make assumptions about things you have no idea about. You’re a great applicant and you will be a great doctor. Enjoy your day and be at peace, at the end of the day, you’re going to be exactly where you are meant to be. Hang in there friend 🙂
 
I think you should take that with a grain of salt. I don’t think the office people know exactly when certain people are scored etc. They interview all the way up to March so I would just wait it out. There’s really no telling how they go about this process, as there’s plenty of people that received II’s without being “scored” as well. The reality is that we are in the dark about admissions process with all schools. Just be patient and let go of things we cannot control. If it’s meant to be, it’s meant to be. I know it’s a long process but it’s not over until it’s over, and never make assumptions about things you have no idea about. You’re a great applicant and you will be a great doctor. Enjoy your day and be at peace, at the end of the day, you’re going to be exactly where you are meant to be. Hang in there friend 🙂
It’s possible to get an II without being scored?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
called for an update letter I sent and also asked about my app, they said I might expect to hear back next week. Have not been scored OOS LM 77, does this sound like a pre II R to anyone else? Still hopeful but sigh, not me writing 10+ essays and a love letter to them

Edit: thanks for the thoughts, keep in touch people and make sure you get a receipt confirmation for any pertinent update letters you sent 🙂
 
Last edited:
called for an update letter I sent and also asked about my app, they said I might expect to hear back next week. Have not been scored OOS LM 77, does this sound like a pre II R to anyone else? Still hopeful but sigh, not me writing 10+ essays and a love letter to them
Based on previous years, Miami starts sending out pre-II R's later in the cycle. If they said you'd hear back next week, I'd try to think positively about the correspondence! Keep us posted, and good luck!
 
called for an update letter I sent and also asked about my app, they said I might expect to hear back next week. Have not been scored OOS LM 77, does this sound like a pre II R to anyone else? Still hopeful but sigh, not me writing 10+ essays and a love letter to them

Edit: thanks for the thoughts, keep in touch people and make sure you get a receipt confirmation for any pertinent update letters you sent 🙂
Did they end up sending a confirmation? I just sent one but not sure if I should plan to receive one or how long I should wait
 
Did they end up sending a confirmation? I just sent one but not sure if I should plan to receive one or how long I should wait
Receipt email in 1-3 business days per website. I was an idiot and sent it during the holidays but later confirmed it over phone/confirmation email. Staff is very nice and helpful, so be patient and follow up when its appropriate!
 
Last edited:
called for an update letter I sent and also asked about my app, they said I might expect to hear back next week. Have not been scored OOS LM 77, does this sound like a pre II R to anyone else? Still hopeful but sigh, not me writing 10+ essays and a love letter to them

Edit: thanks for the thoughts, keep in touch people and make sure you get a receipt confirmation for any pertinent update letters you sent 🙂


I think you're about to get an II
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad