You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Morehouse
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
On pg. 5 a member posted that he was rejected after submitting his secondary, so yes. A lot of common questions have been answered on most of the threads.Hey y’all! I’m not sure if anyone answered this already, but I was wondering if anyone knows if Morehouse sends pre-interview rejections?
dreamsofbeingaphysician
Full Member
Thank you! Yep I saw that but just wanted to double check to see if it was a pre-interview or post-interview rejection!On pg. 5 a member posted that he was rejected after submitting his secondary, so yes. A lot of common questions have been answered on most of the threads.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any recent As yet?
Everytime I see a notification for this thread I think it’s someone saying that they’ve received an A 💀Any recent As yet?
Sorry lol
Another week of silence from MSM?
I've sent 2 emails since submitting my app, and neither of them got responses. I hope everything was submitted and my app is complete and under consideration. 😢
Not a word since submitting my secondary in August.
Congrats. Can you provide more info?:II this morning!
Date complete
IS/OOS
Stats/LM if you're comfortable with that
Complete 8/1, OOS, LM 66Congrats. Can you provide more info?:
Date complete
IS/OOS
Stats/LM if you're comfortable with that
Let's go!!!II this morning!
For people that had their interview. Please is it MMI style?
NoFor people that had their interview. Please is it MMI style?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
luhsagnuh
Full Member
I'm wondering the same and I interviewed around the same time.When will get next round of A's ? I interviewed beginning of November.
Yea they had told me the only have released one round of decisions and hopefully to have another one by the end of the year
gravytrain30
Full Member
complete radio silence from this school, do you all think we will hear something back this week?
Pre-interview rejection received. Best of luck to the rest of y'all!
gravytrain30
Full Member
Same! It’s all coming in like hot cakes…good luck y’all! 🙂Pre-interview rejection received. Best of luck to the rest of y'all!
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
Geezz Morehouse, just send me some kind of communication bro. I submitted my secondary on August 5th.
Was it an email, call, or portal update?Same! It’s all coming in like hot cakes…good luck y’all! 🙂
rejected pre-II. bye y’all!
How’d you received the update ?rejected pre-II. bye y’all!
via email!How’d you received the update ?
gravytrain30
Full Member
Email. Short sweet and to the point.Was it an email, call, or portal update?
Are y’all IS or OOS?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OOS.Are y’all IS or OOS?
oosAre y’all IS or OOS?
What month did y’all submit your secondaries?
gravytrain30
Full Member
OOS I didn’t know it matteredAre y’all IS or OOS?
I was betting on being black, community driven and honestly really only interested in general practice was going to get me in. I was wrong, I guess just waiting on Howard and Meharry
Same I’m waiting on Howard and Meharry. I want to go to an hbcu for med school.
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
You know what, forgot them. You are gonna be a great doctor where ever you end up. Good luck the rest of your app cycle.OOS I didn’t know it mattered
I was betting on being black, community driven and honestly really only interested in general practice was going to get me in. I was wrong, I guess just waiting on Howard and Meharry
LM? If you don’t mindOOS I didn’t know it mattered
I was betting on being black, community driven and honestly really only interested in general practice was going to get me in. I was wrong, I guess just waiting on Howard and Meharry
gravytrain30
Full Member
Same! But honestly, I just want an A.Same I’m waiting on Howard and Meharry. I want to go to an hbcu for med school.
We got this!! meharry was kinda slow with things, so I’m hoeing they are throughly going through application
gravytrain30
Full Member
I literally joined SDN a day ago because it has better updates than reddit and school-specificLM? If you don’t mind
I have no clue what LN is lol
8/15 completeWhat month did y’all submit your secondaries?
i’m also ORM from TX so i didn’t think i had much chance anyways!
yup submitted 9/1 and heard nothingAny one else got nothing ? I mean no R no II
OOS I didn’t know it mattered
I was betting on being black, community driven and honestly really only interested in general practice was going to get me in. I was wrong, I guess just waiting on Howard and Meharry
It matters. They are partial to Georgia residents. That’s why I wasn’t surprised that I didn’t get the II. Interviewed at Meharry, and hoping to get an II from Howard when I send an updated MCAT to them in Feb.
For those that asked. I submitted my secondary in Sept.
Last edited:
Any one else got nothing ? I mean no R no II
Someone on reddit posted an hour ago saying they received an II.
II received today at 4:07 PM ET.
Primary verified July 12. Secondary received September 30, submitted ~October 28th.
URM and SED
IS (grandparents lived here for 5 years, parents for 3, I moved down in May after finishing grad school.)
sub 3.0 sGPA and cGPA physics undergrad, did 2 masters degrees after in physics and interdisciplinary studies.
509 MCAT, multiple attempts.
Many co- and extracurriculars involving marginalized groups and work/worked in medically underserved areas locally and internationally.
Second time applying.
If anyone has any advice about interviewing, I am open and very thankful. First med school interview ever at my top choice!
Primary verified July 12. Secondary received September 30, submitted ~October 28th.
URM and SED
IS (grandparents lived here for 5 years, parents for 3, I moved down in May after finishing grad school.)
sub 3.0 sGPA and cGPA physics undergrad, did 2 masters degrees after in physics and interdisciplinary studies.
509 MCAT, multiple attempts.
Many co- and extracurriculars involving marginalized groups and work/worked in medically underserved areas locally and internationally.
Second time applying.
If anyone has any advice about interviewing, I am open and very thankful. First med school interview ever at my top choice!
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So many moving parts to the application! Kind of hard to narrow down the reason why OOS applications are rejected.
Since Morehouse does accept OOS students., did they let anyone know why they aren’t offered an interview? Are they open to application advising?
Just not sure how many OOS they are interviewing/accepting!
Since Morehouse does accept OOS students., did they let anyone know why they aren’t offered an interview? Are they open to application advising?
Just not sure how many OOS they are interviewing/accepting!
Cupcakeee78
Full Member
OOS, Submitted 09/21, and silence over here. Had no idea about the IS preference until now, hopeful until I hear something.Any one else got nothing ? I mean no R no II
Congrats at @desdmo that is awesome!
according to MSAR they interviewed 382 and 42 matriculated for OOS.So many moving parts to the application! Kind of hard to narrow down the reason why OOS applications are rejected.
Since Morehouse does accept OOS students., did they let anyone know why they aren’t offered an interview? Are they open to application advising?
Just not sure how many OOS they are interviewing/accepting!
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
Isn't Morehouse a private institution?