2022-2023 Morehouse

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm so nervous! I got the call yesterday from my interviewer congratulating me on my acceptance. He said I would get an email in a few minutes after the call, but I never got one. I called after a few hours, and she said the emails were being written still. I'm so excited because Morehouse is my top school, but I'm so nervous to get that concrete, solidified email.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just making sure, do we need to do anything to confirm our spot on the waitlist?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Review and responses timelines seem to be pretty arbitrary for most schools. If you take a look at my signature, I haven't heard back from like 40 schools either lol. Don't worry friend, I know it's frustrating for you, it is for me too, and I know we are not the only ones <3
Indeed! I've been fortunate to receive two acceptances in the TMDSAS cycle, so I'm pretty content but I'm more curious as to why the AMCAS schools won't talk to me, haha! All jokes aside, I know this process is long, brutal, and unpredictable. I've received plenty of rejections, so I do know they're reading my app, at the very least lol.

Hoping the best for you! Looks like you have two acceptances as well, so congratulations!!
 
Indeed! I've been fortunate to receive two acceptances in the TMDSAS cycle, so I'm pretty content but I'm more curious as to why the AMCAS schools won't talk to me, haha! All jokes aside, I know this process is long, brutal, and unpredictable. I've received plenty of rejections, so I do know they're reading my app, at the very least lol.

Hoping the best for you! Looks like you have two acceptances as well, so congratulations!!
Congrats! Well-deserved!!!
 
Indeed! I've been fortunate to receive two acceptances in the TMDSAS cycle, so I'm pretty content but I'm more curious as to why the AMCAS schools won't talk to me, haha! All jokes aside, I know this process is long, brutal, and unpredictable. I've received plenty of rejections, so I do know they're reading my app, at the very least lol.

Hoping the best for you! Looks like you have two acceptances as well, so congratulations!!

I wonder if it’s because schools under AMCAS know that only Texas residents have a true shot at TMDSAS schools, so they try to preserve those spots? Just speculation.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder if it’s because schools under AMCAS know that only Texas residents have a true shot at TMDSAS schools, so they try to preserve those spots? Just speculation.
That is definitely what most of us think. In my case we may never know, as my GPA for TMDSAS is much higher than my GPA for AMCAS. I applied for a program called Academic Fresh Start in TX, which erases any grades 10+ years old from the time you apply. It's a TX statute meant to allow students to move on from poor performance in the distant past, and it has been a tremendous help to many who have invoked it. My TMDSAS GPA is 4.0/4.0, and my AMCAS GPA is 3.1/3.4. I wish I had the same GPA so I could be another solid data point in everyone's quest to determine if AMCAS schools really are that biased against TX students due to low tuition. Sadly, my case is so skewed that I'm afraid it can't help, haha.
 
That is definitely what most of us think. In my case we may never know, as my GPA for TMDSAS is much higher than my GPA for AMCAS. I applied for a program called Academic Fresh Start in TX, which erases any grades 10+ years old from the time you apply. It's a TX statute meant to allow students to move on from poor performance in the distant past, and it has been a tremendous help to many who have invoked it. My TMDSAS GPA is 4.0/4.0, and my AMCAS GPA is 3.1/3.4. I wish I had the same GPA so I could be another solid data point in everyone's quest to determine if AMCAS schools really are that biased against TX students due to low tuition. Sadly, my case is so skewed that I'm afraid it can't help, haha.

I don’t think they’re biased because of low tuition. I think they’re biased because no one has a chance unless you’re a Texas resident.
 
What’s up guys, I found out on 11/17 that I got an interview, and I scheduled for one of the earliest dates, which was 2/01/23. Do you think there’s a way to schedule an earlier date if there are any available? Should I give them a call?
 
Anyone from 11/2 interview date hear anything back yet? They told us December during interview day but I saw people from 11/11 hear back so I wanted to double check!! Thanks!!