You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Morehouse
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They do not send complete emails.did you guys get a "Complete" email or they don't do that?
SnailPo
Full Member
I didn’t get one when I submitted back in Augustdid you guys get a "Complete" email or they don't do that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi Everyone! Current MD1 at Morehouse School of Medicine! CONGRATULATIONS to those Accepted, Interviewing, and also those waiting on interviews!!!! It takes a lot of hard work to get to this point, so regardless of where you are in the process be gracious to yourself and celebrate EVERY milestone!! For accepted students, I have attached the Groupme Link and the FB Group Link. Both the Groupme and FB will contain members of the current 1st year class that will be available to answer any questions you may have about MSM! For those currently interviewing/wanting more info about MSM, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have through this forum or through PM! Again, congratulations and I hope to see some of you next fall!!
Groupme: GroupMe
FB Group: Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2027 - Accepted Applicants | Facebook
Groupme: GroupMe
FB Group: Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2027 - Accepted Applicants | Facebook
Thank you for your kindness. I was complete in mid Aug and no news. Do I need to prepare myself mentally for R ? Do they still send interviews for folks who were complete in Aug so late in cycleHi Everyone! Current MD1 at Morehouse School of Medicine! CONGRATULATIONS to those Accepted, Interviewing, and also those waiting on interviews!!!! It takes a lot of hard work to get to this point, so regardless of where you are in the process be gracious to yourself and celebrate EVERY milestone!! For accepted students, I have attached the Groupme Link and the FB Group Link. Both the Groupme and FB will contain members of the current 1st year class that will be available to answer any questions you may have about MSM! For those currently interviewing/wanting more info about MSM, I would be happy to answer any questions you may have through this forum or through PM! Again, congratulations and I hope to see some of you next fall!!
Groupme: GroupMe
FB Group: Morehouse School of Medicine Class of 2027 - Accepted Applicants | Facebook
MSM accepts students up until June! (Orientation is generally at the end of June) So unless you receive an R there is definitely still a good chance! I have classmates that submitted as late as September and got interviews in February/March so don't count yourself out!Thank you for your kindness. I was complete in mid Aug and no news. Do I need to prepare myself mentally for R ? Do they still send interviews for folks who were complete in Aug so late in cycle
I just submitted my primary and secondary recently. Is it safe to assume I’m in for a little wait? I’m accustomed to HBCU timelines so it’s no issue.
Took them about 2 weeks to send me II post secondaryI just submitted my primary and secondary recently. Is it safe to assume I’m in for a little wait? I’m accustomed to HBCU timelines so it’s no issue.
Rejected already. Very odd. Oh, well…
Losing hope in this whole process and starting to look into doctoral programs in Chemistry. How do you reject someone who submitted a secondary less than a week ago? To my knowledge, I have no red flags and a fairly decent application. This is my third rejection and I have no interview invites at this point (this is the only rejection that just baffles me).
Losing hope in this whole process and starting to look into doctoral programs in Chemistry. How do you reject someone who submitted a secondary less than a week ago? To my knowledge, I have no red flags and a fairly decent application. This is my third rejection and I have no interview invites at this point (this is the only rejection that just baffles me).
Last edited:
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
This is beyond shocking… if you don’t mind me asking are you a URM? Also Morehouse had those questions on the secondary about where you wanted to practice? Maybe they reject people based off that answer.. I have no clue. I’m so sorry, I have hope that the other HBCUs you applied to will workRejected already. Very odd. Oh, well…
Losing hope in this whole process and starting to look into doctoral programs in Chemistry. How do you reject someone who submitted a secondary less than a week ago? To my knowledge, I have no red flags and a fairly decent application. This is my third rejection and I have no interview invites at this point (this is the only rejection that just baffles me).
Yup, URM, went to HBCUS for undergrad and my Masters and volunteered in my community. I’m just trying not to dwell on rejection. I think things will work out one way or another. I can try to figure out how this happened but it seems pointless. I was just venting I guess.
I’m sorry to hear that brother. MSM is quite holistic, so I’m surprised you received such an early R even if there are any discrepancies in your app. Only thing I can think of is that they may have thought that your goals/aspirations didn’t fit their goals (primary care)? Idk. Regardless, this cycle will result in your success. Chin up bredren.Yup, URM, went to HBCUS for undergrad and my Masters and volunteered in my community. I’m just trying not to dwell on rejection. I think things will work out one way or another. I can try to figure out how this happened but it seems pointless. I was just venting I guess.
Me ;(Any one who were complete in August still waiting for II ? either give me R or II
student6570
Full Member
Does anyone know someone who attends Morehouse currently that would be willing to speak to me about their experience?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
Have they sent II’s recently? I feel like it’s been a while
ricksthedr
Full Member
Have they sent II’s recently? I feel like it’s been a while
based on last years thread they sent some the first week of nov
lookingforawhitecoat
Full Member
II on 10/25! Complete 9/15
Congrats ! Can you pls share your stats ? Good luck on your interview !II on 10/25! Complete 9/15
Maybe we will be hearing back from them this week? Fingers crossed. Based on last year’s thread, A’s were sent out November 3.
lookingforawhitecoat
Full Member
URM, Attend an HBCU, 3.7 sgpa, 501 mcat, 98th PREview, ties to GACongrats ! Can you pls share your stats ? Good luck on your interview !
Congratulations! When were you complete?Received an II today as well.
Can y'all confirm if your IS or OOS?
ISCan y'all confirm if your IS or OOS?
Hopefully some A’s come soon!
ISCan y'all confirm if your IS or OOS?
Early October, OOSCongratulations! When were you complete?
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
I’m OOS and i submitted in late august and it’s been silence 🙁Did any one who was complete in mid Aug get a pre II R ? So far silence is deafening. At what point do we brace ourslef to a
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got one like 6 days afterDid any one who was complete in mid Aug get a pre II R ? So far silence is deafening.
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
So they are sending rejections? Ig if you haven't heard anything so far, they most likely haven't got to your app yet. SHOW ME SOME LOVE MOREHOUSE
ilovebreadsticks
Full Member
I got one like 6 days after
I thought you interviewed here on 10/5? So did you get a post II R?
So they are sending rejections? Ig if you haven't heard anything so far, they most likely haven't got to your app yet. SHOW ME SOME LOVE MOREHOUSE
I didn’t get rejected yet, I want the II
Yes I did. Post interview r not pre interviewI thought you interviewed here on 10/5? So did you get a post II R?
Would you mind sharing your stat? What’s the interview like? I have mine in December.Yes I did. Post interview r not pre interview
Come on MSM, time to send out some A’s!
Current 3rd year here at MSM. Wishing you all well on applications
Lol Morehouse needs to hurry up with decisions
I’ve been checking my spam/email non stop 🙁Lol Morehouse needs to hurry up with decisions
Last year they released first decisions 11/3 then the second round came out 12/13. Maybe they release decisions every 5 weeks or so? I hopeLol Morehouse needs to hurry up with decisions
ineedanswers
Full Member
I completed August 17th and I haven't heard a thing. Does anyone know the chances for an II at this point or is this just a silent rejection basically? However it seems a lot of august people haven't heard back yet.Any one still waiting for II (complete mid Aug)
I too want to know if it is a silent rejection and prepare myself mentally for R and may be start preparing for next cycle. Silence is deafening..I completed August 17th and I haven't heard a thing. Does anyone know the chances for an II at this point or is this just a silent rejection basically? However it seems a lot of august people haven't heard back yet.
I too want to know if it is a silent rejection and prepare myself mentally for R and may be start preparing for next cycle. Silence is deafening..
I don’t know about Morehouse specifically, but I’ve been preparing for having to reapply since Sept. I ended up withdrawing from the courses I registered for to pull up my GPA after my acceptance. I will still retake my MCAT unless I get accepted to 1 other school in case that helps get me off a waitlist. Working on plan B, C, D is a healthy distraction to survive the cycle.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
Your signature shows u have an acceptance for DO? You don't want to take the acceptance?I don’t know about Morehouse specifically, but I’ve been preparing for having to reapply since Sept. I ended up withdrawing from the courses I registered for to pull up my GPA after my acceptance. I will still retake my MCAT unless I get accepted to 1 other school in case that helps get me off a waitlist. Working on plan B, C, D is a healthy distraction to survive the cycle.
Your signature shows u have an acceptance for DO? You don't want to take the acceptance?
I have over a month before my deposit is due, so I’d like to see where else I’m accepted.
MCATSCRUBS
Full Member
Makes sense. Hope you get more acceptances.I have over a month before my deposit is due, so I’d like to see where else I’m accepted.
Me too! Same boat 🙂I have over a month before my deposit is due, so I’d like to see where else I’m accepted.
Any movement on alternate list apps or acceptances