You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Ohio State
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Just got a II this morning! I really lost all hope but I’m really excited! Anyone that interviewed have any advice ? I’m bad at MMIs
OSU's interview is an MMI format? or is it traditional? Or a mix of both?Just got a II this morning! I really lost all hope but I’m really excited! Anyone that interviewed have any advice ? I’m bad at MMIs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
OSU has a traditional interview. In the morning, you have a few info sessions with your interview group, and then in the afternoon, it's just two one-on-one 45 minute interviews with faculty and/or students.Just got a II this morning! I really lost all hope but I’m really excited! Anyone that interviewed have any advice ? I’m bad at MMIs
Are the one-on-one interviews structured or more conversational?OSU has a traditional interview. In the morning, you have a few info sessions with your interview group, and then in the afternoon, it's just two one-on-one 45 minute interviews with faculty and/or students.
semi-structured, they have a few questions they wanna hit but it goes pretty conversational, i enjoyed themAre the one-on-one interviews structured or more conversational?
Hello congrats on your success!, out of curiosity for OSU in particular, is there time for us to ask questions in the morning Interview sessions? Approximately, How many applicants were in the interview group/cohort for that morning session?OSU has a traditional interview. In the morning, you have a few info sessions with your interview group, and then in the afternoon, it's just two one-on-one 45 minute interviews with faculty and/or students.
D
deleted1155508
For those who interviewed and applied for PCT did they let you know if you were interviewing for the 4 year md or the 3 year PCT before the interview?
furryllama22
Full Member
this is what i'm trying to figure out too!For those who interviewed and applied for PCT did they let you know if you were interviewing for the 4 year md or the 3 year PCT before the interview?
Yes they did! It said specifically on the portal that the interview was for PCTFor those who interviewed and applied for PCT did they let you know if you were interviewing for the 4 year md or the 3 year PCT before the interview?
furryllama22
Full Member
Where on the portal? on the home page? I feel like i'm blind hahaYes they did! It said specifically on the portal that the interview was for PCT
On Vitals, when you receive an interview, it says PCT in the text at the top of the front page and has a 2 day interview schedule below it, day 1 with the regular MD program and day 2 with the PCT only. So if you only did a 1 day interview, then it was for regular MD! Hope that helps 🙂Where on the portal? on the home page? I feel like i'm blind haha
ETA: just saw you got an II in Feb. Unfortunately PCT decisions came out early Feb, so presumably the interview is for MD only. Sucks they didn’t communicate that better!
skyisblue1
Full Member
Congrats on getting accepted to PCT, bean-sprout and anyone else! I got a WL decision earlier this month and since there’s only like four people accepted, I don’t know what the chances are of getting off it. But, bc I’m OOS and I’d have to take extra prereqs if I somehow did get accepted, I’d really like to know as soon as possible. Can anyone who got accepted to PCT reply or PM me and let me know if you are certain or not sure yet if you’ll be attending OSU? Thanks!
furryllama22
Full Member
okay cool! yeah I checked my portal and emailed them and it looks like it was for the regular interview. I think they should have just clarified with me that the PCT decisions were over since I did fill out essays for that. thanks so much for your help!!!On Vitals, when you receive an interview, it says PCT in the text at the top of the front page and has a 2 day interview schedule below it, day 1 with the regular MD program and day 2 with the PCT only. So if you only did a 1 day interview, then it was for regular MD! Hope that helps 🙂
ETA: just saw you got an II in Feb. Unfortunately PCT decisions came out early Feb, so presumably the interview is for MD only. Sucks they didn’t communicate that better!
When did they schedule you for, if you don’t mind me asking?Just got a II this morning! I really lost all hope but I’m really excited! Anyone that interviewed have any advice ? I’m bad at MMIs
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the 15th of March 🙂When did they schedule you for, if you don’t mind me asking?
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Two weeksHow long do people typically have to wait for a decision post-II?
Would anybody who's interviewed with OSU before this current cycle be willing to offer help in a mock interview?
HavingFun@13421
Full Member
Anyone deferred get off the list? Does anyone know when movement occurs?
I did initially but I got off months ago.Anyone deferred get off the list? Does anyone know when movement occurs?
TwoThumbsDown
Full Member
Been deferred since 10/15 here 🥲I did initially but I got off months ago
Mr.Shawarma
Full Member
OSU playing games fr, where II?🥲
TryingMyBest84
Full Member
I know, I am still waiting to hear back anything. Sent an update in Jan and still got nothing. Sent an LOI today in desperation lolOSU playing games fr, where II?🥲
confusedonceagain
Full Member
Congrats!!! Did you get an email about status change before you checked vitals by any chance?Just got an A this morning! IS interviewed on 1/25 and deferred on 2/15. LizzyM Score 77.
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
A this morning via Vitals! Interviewed 2/15.
NaCl Bae
New Member
I actually found out about it yesterday afternoon! My A appeared on AMCAS before Vitals was updated. Received a phone call this morning as well.Congrats!!! Did you get an email about status change before you checked vitals by any chance?
II this morning! Complete in like august
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lilypad1511
Full Member
Also got the A this morning!!! Interviewed 2/13
Around many people get off of the waitlist each year?
What's deferred? Were you waitlisted?Just got an A this morning! IS interviewed on 1/25 and deferred on 2/15. LizzyM Score 77.
It'sBeen84YearstoMD
Full Member
What dates are they scheduling for? Still living on a prayer for some OSU loveII this morning!! IS, LM 80, complete mid-July.
Mine was scheduled for 3/22What dates are they scheduling for? Still living on a prayer for some OSU love
milesofmedicine
Full Member
has anybody gotten FA yet?
prideisthedevil
Full Member
Is there a groupme or FB page for accepted applicants?
Mine was scheduled for 3/22
+1
nopehas anybody gotten FA yet?
Mine was also 3/22. An earlier comment said they emailed admissions and they were told invites are sent until 3/31, so don’t lose hope! ❤️What dates are they scheduling for? Still living on a prayer for some OSU love
It'sBeen84YearstoMD
Full Member
I appreciate the encouragement. I will keep hope for one more week! 😆Mine was also 3/22. An earlier comment said they emailed admissions and they were told invites are sent until 3/31, so don’t lose hope! ❤️
Anyone know if this school is rolling admissions? I have an interview coming up and was curious if I’m interviewing for a waitlist spot ?
furryllama22
Full Member
i just interviewed recently ,and they said that they are not interviewing for waitlist spots! so you have a chance to get in 🙂 and yes they do rolling admissions i believeAnyone know if this school is rolling admissions? I have an interview coming up and was curious if I’m interviewing for a waitlist spot ?
scrubbydubdub
Full Member
anyone know if you just email updates/ LOIs? or if you upload it somewhere?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just email the admission office 🙂anyone know if you just email updates/ LOIs? or if you upload it somewhere?
Lithium Carbonate
Full Member
Hi all! Here’s the Discord for accepted students: Join the OSUCOM 2027 Discord Server!
Looking forward to meeting you all!
Looking forward to meeting you all!
D
deleted1140198
did they tell anyone interviewing this week when you'll hear back?
Yeah, they did. OSU looks like they're pretty fast about it, sending decisions in about a couple of weeks more or less. I don't know if they send out the same decision release date to everybody or if they spread out the decision releases though.did they tell anyone interviewing this week when you'll hear back?
D
deleted1140198
what was the date they told you if you don't mind sharing? Thanks!Yeah, they did. OSU looks like they're pretty fast about it, sending decisions in about a couple of weeks more or less. I don't know if they send out the same decision release date to everybody or if they spread out the decision releases though.