2022-2023 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not that I got an interview but for those who were interviewed, I know there are three interviewers, I am not asking names but who were you interviewed by? For example 1st interview: science research PHD faculty, 2nd director of admission (or someone from that dept), 3rd could be a student, or a DO or MD, or idk. I am just curious. So yeah those that got interviewed already A) who were they by? and B) how did it go? Also, I hope all of ya get in.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Not that I got an interview but for those who were interviewed, I know there are three interviewers, I am not asking names but who were you interviewed by? For example 1st interview: science research PHD faculty, 2nd director of admission (or someone from that dept), 3rd could be a student, or a DO or MD, or idk. I am just curious. So yeah those that got interviewed already A) who were they by? and B) how did it go? Also, I hope all of ya get in.
Interviewed 9/20 got the phone call for acceptance 3 hours later! Interviewed by 2 PHDs and 1 DO. Easily the best interview I will have this cycle and they made me feel so comfortable. Going to be hard to top this one.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How soon did you receive a decision after the interview? Was it the day after?
Accepted to Athens first and got the acceptance phone call 3 hours after my interview. I ended up emailing to see if I could transfer my acceptance to Dublin and got an acceptance email 2 days later. They're very quick!

Last edited:
Accepted to Athens first and got the acceptance phone call 3 hours after my interview. I ended up emailing to see if I could transfer my acceptance to Dublin and got an acceptance email 2 days later. They're very quick!
Sweet, do you mind me asking why did you ask for Dublin over Athens?

Interviewed 9/20 got the phone call for acceptance 3 hours later! Interviewed by 2 PHDs and 1 DO. Easily the best interview I will have this cycle and they made me feel so comfortable. Going to be hard to top this one.
That's nice. Congratulations I am happy for you. Are you OOS or IS? And do you mind sharing your stats?

Thank you very much for your reply!
If you don’t mind me asking, about how many days did it take for you to receive your interview email after submitting your secondary?

Reactions: 1 user
That's nice. Congratulations I am happy for you. Are you OOS or IS? And do you mind sharing your stats?
I chose Dublin because of the rotation sites. I was talking to a student and she said although Athens students can technically rotate throughout Ohio, most of the northern ohio/central ohio sites fill up fast and you have to find someone to switch with you if you want to rotate there instead of SE ohio. The PHD that interviewed me also said that most students get residency around the location they rotate in and I would like to stay around central Ohio for that.

Thank you! I am in state and my cGPA is 3.83 sGPA is 3.7 mcat is 510 (124 cars) :)

Thank you very much for your reply!
If you don’t mind me asking, about how many days did it take for you to receive your interview email after submitting your secondary?
You’re welcome! Marked complete 7/27 interview received 8/24!

How long did it take to receive your secondary after submitting primary AACOMAS?

I chose Dublin because of the rotation sites. I was talking to a student and she said although Athens students can technically rotate throughout Ohio, most of the northern ohio/central ohio sites fill up fast and you have to find someone to switch with you if you want to rotate there instead of SE ohio. The PHD that interviewed me also said that most students get residency around the location they rotate in and I would like to stay around central Ohio for that.

Thank you! I am in state and my cGPA is 3.83 sGPA is 3.7 mcat is 510 (124 cars) :)
Oh I understand. Thank you for letting me know. And they let you change just like that? Thats cool

Oh I understand. Thank you for letting me know. And they let you change just like that? Thats cool
Had to write an essay for dublin since I didn’t rank it before but other than they were very understanding! I hope you get that interview it’s a great school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Had to write an essay for dublin since I didn’t rank it before but other than they were very understanding! I hope you get that interview it’s a great school!
Thank you for sharing that with me. And thank you I really do hope I get it. I’m dying to get into this school.

For those interviewed, when do they send out interviews? What day? And since interviews are every Tuesday, do you get to choose which Tuesday, or do they give you a date that you can choose?

For those interviewed, when do they send out interviews? What day? And since interviews are every Tuesday, do you get to choose which Tuesday, or do they give you a date that you can choose?
I think you’re over thinking this. I interviewed 9/13 and they sent the II out in mid-late August. To answer the last part of your question, they told me which specific Tuesday I was interviewing on.

I think you’re over thinking this. I interviewed 9/13 and they sent the II out in mid-late August. To answer the last part of your question, they told me which specific Tuesday I was interviewing on.
Oh I see. Thank you. Yah I am overthinking all of this. Sorry.

Oh I see. Thank you. Yah I am overthinking all of this. Sorry.
Easier said than done but try not to stress over the details, you've done your part now and it's time to keep yourself busy while waiting! They're very community service oriented and as long as you have that in your app and made it clear you like doing it you should be alright! And interview season obviously just started so we still have a while to go :)

Easier said than done but try not to stress over the details, you've done your part now and it's time to keep yourself busy while waiting! They're very community service oriented and as long as you have that in your app and made it clear you like doing it you should be alright! And interview season obviously just started so we still have a while to go :)
I am trying not to. lol. Yup. You are right, I do need to keep myself busy now. True, you are right it just started so I do have to wait.

I wonder if they'll send out any IIs anytime soon? It's been quite a while

I know this school is not very OOS friendly, have there been any OOS II yet?

Some interesting information to pass along for you guys. Hopefully should give you some clarity for this cycle.

They have shattered their record for total number of applications received. As of early October they have gotten over 5000 verified applications. For reference, their all time peak applications was 4500 for the entirety of the 2020-2021 app cycle. They anticipate possibly double that number at the conclusion of this application cycle. Additionally, they have already filled 84 out of the ~250 seats of all 3 campuses. They anticipate interviewing until March.

Good luck to everyone.

This just made me so nervous omg…I wish I didn’t submit so late. Still waiting for an II.

Some interesting information to pass along for you guys. Hopefully should give you some clarity for this cycle.

They have shattered their record for total number of applications received. As of early October they have gotten over 5000 verified applications. For reference, their all time peak applications was 4500 for the entirety of the 2020-2021 app cycle. They anticipate possibly double that number at the conclusion of this application cycle. Additionally, they have already filled 84 out of the ~250 seats of all 3 campuses. They anticipate interviewing until March.

Good luck to everyone.
Oh man, this definitely gives me anxiety 😩

Good luck to everyone.

I’m scared.

Insert Ralph Wiggum “I’m in Danger”

Last edited:

Good luck to everyone.
This is actually crazy. Did they disclose these numbers at one of the preinterview info sessions?

Good luck to everyone

Does anyone know if there is a chat or Facebook group for accepted students?

Does anyone know if there is a chat or Facebook group for accepted students?
HCOM will usually send out a link to join a GroupMe for accepted students in a newsletter. I recommend then someone from each campus making a campus-specific GroupMe from that, as there is a lot of good Information that is specific to each campus and the big GroupMe can get overwhelming

• Love

Good luck to everyone.
I wonder if every med school is receiving a record number of applications this year? Should make it super competitive for getting acceptances, which is scary!

Interviewing on Tuesday and looks like I have one interviewer from each campus. Was this the same for you or just coincidental?

Interviewing on Tuesday and looks like I have one interviewer from each campus. Was this the same for you or just coincidental?
Just a coincidence. I did not have anyone from Dublin interview me. I had an anatomy prof from Cleveland, a phd from Athens and a do from Athens.

Good luck on the interview!! They’re so chill. Their ability to make us feel welcome and as if we were already a family blew me out of the water. It was a great experience. Just be yourself and show them how much you know/love the school! :)

Last edited:

Ended up doing pretty much the same thing as you lol. Swapped my preference list from Athens>Cleveland>Dublin to Dublin>Cleveland>Athens so that I could do rotations in Columbus/Central Ohio.

Got the phone call a few minutes ago with the A for Dublin, so might see you next year!

Ended up doing pretty much the same thing as you lol. Swapped my preference list from Athens>Cleveland>Dublin to Dublin>Cleveland>Athens so that I could do rotations in Columbus/Central Ohio.

Got the phone call a few minutes ago with the A for Dublin, so might see you next year!
No way!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you. Yeah I'm so relieved that they allowed us to switch preferences for campuses so easily and let me apply to Dublin. Future maybe classmates :) I'm so excited

OOS Accepted to the Cleveland Campus! I'm a TCC Candidate, so I would say that definitely altered my chances for admission at that particular campus.

OOS Accepted to the Cleveland Campus! I'm a TCC Candidate, so I would say that definitely altered my chances for admission at that particular campus.
Congrats!! WhT state are you from? Also do you have any ties to Ohio?

Congrats!! WhT state are you from? Also do you have any ties to Ohio?
Thank you!! This is my 2nd cycle and my first acceptance so I'm really stoked! I'm from Utah and don't have any ties to Ohio, that's the crazy part. It felt like a long shot, but I think my app was particularly strong for the TCC and that's the main reason I applied to OU-HCOM in the first place.

Just realized I forgot to hit submit on my secondary app that I finished and paid for in late July Probably don’t have much of a chance at an II now

Hi all, current first year at Athens! Hopefully I'll get to see some of you at the first accepted student visit day of the season, tomorrow :)

Hi all, current first year at Athens! Hopefully I'll get to see some of you at the first accepted student visit day of the season, tomorrow :)
Did they email you with information about the visit day? I didn't receive anything but would love to explore campus