2022-2023 Quinnipiac

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those accepted, has there been any communication or updates post-acceptance? I haven't seen anything from them or an update in my portal since the A.
 
So it looks like decisions come out mid-month between the 13-15th. They got a well oiled machine over there.

We are seeing As for Oct and Nov interviews so they weren't exaggerating on their 8 week timeline. :nailbiting::nailbiting:
 
Do you think that if they've gotten to our file but didn't get a majority vote on a decision we'd be notified that we're still under review? Like does not hearing back just mean they haven't gotten to our file yet?
Since you interviewed in November, which is within the 8 week minimum they propose, I would assume both scenarios are possible. Either they have not gotten to the file, or a majority decision was not made. Especially since December is a holiday month, it's possible they did not get through all the applications, therefore extending some timelines by another 4 weeks.

I wouldn't stress it.
 
They'll give you a schedule for the day, but you actually only have two thirty minute interviews. The rest are basically information sessions with required attendance
what kinda questions do they ask? i know it's traditional but is it more conversational? more asking alongside greatest strengths and weaknesses? Ethical / knowing healthcare system kind of things?
 
what kinda questions do they ask? i know it's traditional but is it more conversational? more asking alongside greatest strengths and weaknesses? Ethical / knowing healthcare system kind of thing
I didn't have ethical or mmi questions, just know general med school qs like in addition to why medicine? and why netter?, what achievement you're most proud of?, etc. If you search the schools profile on sdn there's a list of questions previous interviewees have been asked. Go through some and you'll be fine, it's very low pressure
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone get an email confirmation when uploading an update letter to the portal? I uploaded it and it says it's there just wanted to make sure!
 
Just finished my interview here. Overall positive experience, still mad that Thiccy caught the R though. Dr. Paik said decisions will be coming out every 2 weeks going forward, still with the approximate 8 week deadline in place.
Did you get grilled like Thiccy did?

Also every 2 weeks is insane, I guess they ramped up after the new year.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
could any of you help me with what it means if there is no status update on the portal? Someone I'm very close with interviewed in October but also has not heard back. However, their application does not show any status changes? Where do you see the "still under review" status?
 
could any of you help me with what it means if there is no status update on the portal? Someone I'm very close with interviewed in October but also has not heard back. However, their application does not show any status changes? Where do you see the "still under review" status?
Interviewed in Oct and my portal doesn't show any status changes either; I received an email back in December saying that my application remains under review.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do you know if accepting the scholarship is akin to declaring intent to matriculate?
Wasn't sure if yours came with your acceptance like @purplepea but my scholarship came separately from the acceptance and I was able to accept without it indicating intent to matriculate, and for mine it just said accepting would let them know not to reallocate the funds to someone else.
 
Wasn't sure if yours came with your acceptance like @purplepea but my scholarship came separately from the acceptance and I was able to accept without it indicating intent to matriculate, and for mine it just said accepting would let them know not to reallocate the funds to someone else.

Yeah same here. It also gave me a deadline, but im still waiting to hear back from other school financial aid…

I loved this school but i dont think i have all of the necessary information to lock in my decision on a school.

Should we ask if this is 100% binding? Or anyone know?