You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Stanford
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
doubledoc712
Full Member
nope 🙁Any 2/8 interviewees hear back yet? or have their update tab disappear?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
chochipcookies
New Member
no from me too; not sure if the people who said they were WL from early feb interviews were also from 2/8. when do 2/8 interviewees think they'll send us a decision?nope 🙁
splovescandles
Full Member
Does anyone know if they accept letter of interest/intent and if so, how to send them?
chochipcookies
New Member
Any A’s from feb interviewers (2/1 or 2/8)?
D
deleted1141024
I know someone that got in MSTP that interviewed with me on 2/1Any A’s from feb interviewers (2/1 or 2/8)?
blissfullylucid
Full Member
Wl today....my update button is still there though...
doubledoc712
Full Member
+1 update button was there alsoWl today....my update button is still there though...
blissfullylucid
Full Member
Did some historic stalking, looks like stanford has a low and variable WL movement from year to year (and even when so it looks like <10 students). They end waitlist movement very late as well, around June/July
Conveniently saw many people put off by the elite/professional culture here, idk if others had similar experiences but interview day was very off putting for me. Not overly hopeful to hear back but we'll see.
Conveniently saw many people put off by the elite/professional culture here, idk if others had similar experiences but interview day was very off putting for me. Not overly hopeful to hear back but we'll see.
D
deleted1141024
Did some historic stalking, looks like stanford has a low and variable WL movement from year to year (and even when so it looks like July
Conveniently saw many people put off by the elite/professional culture here, idk if others had similar experiences but interview day was very off putting for me. Not overly hopeful to hear back but we'll see.
Looks like the past two years they didn’t take anyone off the WL. ):
chochipcookies
New Member
Yeah WL here too and its not looking likely for usLooks like the past two years they didn’t take anyone off the WL. ):
D
deleted1141024
Does Stanford take post WL communications? Don’t want to shoot myself in the foot if not but I can’t find that info on their website or the WL procedures.
horatio1992
New Member
I had a publication after hearing about WL so I updated via the Email Admissions Office button in the Communications tab on the portal and they accepted it. Unlikely it moves the needle in any way but it fell under what they considered major updates post-II so I thought it was worth trying.Does Stanford take post WL communications? Don’t want to shoot myself in the foot if not but I can’t find that info on their website or the WL procedures.
I emailed the admissions office about if they accept post-WL communications like a LOI and this was the reply I got a while back, "As mentioned during your interview day, we do strongly encourage only significant updates to your application post-interview."Does Stanford take post WL communications? Don’t want to shoot myself in the foot if not but I can’t find that info on their website or the WL procedures.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
daleyB
New Member
Conveniently saw many people put off by the elite/professional culture here, idk if others had similar experiences but interview day was very off putting for me. Not overly hopeful to hear back but we'll see.
Dang, interesting I wasn't the only one that thought that. Got an A but also felt that the elitism was off-putting, especially from a school that was trying so hard to stress "compassion" and "advocacy" throughout their app/interview. I'm probably considering going elsewhere just for that
D
deleted1141024
The MMI video was definitely stress inducing.Dang, interesting I wasn't the only one that thought that. Got an A but also felt that the elitism was off-putting, especially from a school that was trying so hard to stress "compassion" and "advocacy" throughout their app/interview. I'm probably considering going elsewhere just for that
But then the actual MMI was completely different. Like why? Why tell people to prepare in a way that's not useful? Baffles the mind.The MMI video was definitely stress inducing.
Their interview-prep videos made me lose my mind! I legit bought a bunch of random decorative stuff and created a little interview corner to look super professional and put together (with money I *did not have to spare*), and then got to my interview day to see 80% of people with bare white walls. 😅 And yeahhhh.... hearing them say to research so many current topics in medicine freaked me out so badly. Especially when everyone always says you're not expected to be an expert in your interviews -- they just want to see *how* you think.The MMI video was definitely stress inducing.
But now I have a very cute interview corner, so I guess that's a win?
chochipcookies
New Member
for those on the WL, is anyone holding out hope/what are the actual odds of getting off haha
splovescandles
Full Member
There's very little hope, but I'm still hoping lol. I think they take like max 5 and even 0 sometimes.for those on the WL, is anyone holding out hope/what are the actual odds of getting off haha
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Anyone on this thread get accepted and choosing to decline? Trying to get some understanding of potential WL movement🙏
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Does anyone know if Stanford is still accepting Letters of Intent/Update Letters (or if they even do in the first place)?
My understanding is that generally they do not accept any letters or updates, unless it is a major publication or achievement.Does anyone know if Stanford is still accepting Letters of Intent/Update Letters (or if they even do in the first place)?
D
deleted1135362
^^ I sent them a first-author pub and conference presentations, and they made me resend it with only the pub.My understanding is that generally they do not accept any letters or updates, unless it is a major publication or achievement.
Got a call today about getting off the WL?!?!?! But no email yet so I'm freaking out!!!! this was my dream school going into the cycle so im screaming, crying, throwing up rn waiting for this email to make it feel real LOL
Edit: I got the email 1-2 hrs after, thank you SO MUCH to everyone who reached out privately (it helps tremendously), will be responding soon, I'm so excited!! & best of luck to other WL folks as well!! 🤞
Edit: I got the email 1-2 hrs after, thank you SO MUCH to everyone who reached out privately (it helps tremendously), will be responding soon, I'm so excited!! & best of luck to other WL folks as well!! 🤞
Last edited:
omg congrats!! when were you waitlisted?Got a call today about getting off the WL?!?!?! But no email yet so I'm freaking out!!!! this was my dream school going into the cycle so im screaming, crying, throwing up rn waiting for this email to make it feel real LOL
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Anybody know of any more movement? FB group had +15 this week…
medschool2027
Full Member
Is it possible to tell from Facebook group how many students have committed to go to Stanford? Are you saying you think 15 people got off waitlist this week at Stanford? When is the Stanford date for accepted students to commit? I am assuming I am not getting off waitlist but it would be good to know when a decision is coming either way.
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Honestly no idea. FB is difficult to be precise bc people aren’t necessarily leaving the groups once they decide against. But it did say 15 new people joined the group this week (though that wouldn’t make sense given Stanford’s historical waitlist movement). I guess we’ll see.Is it possible to tell from Facebook group how many students have committed to go to Stanford? Are you saying you think 15 people got off waitlist this week at Stanford? When is the Stanford date for accepted students to commit? I am assuming I am not getting off waitlist but it would be good to know when a decision is coming either way.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I withdrew my acceptance and I believe I was then removed from the FB group (did this happen to anyone else?) so FB, while definitely not 100% accurate, may be at least a little indicative of something
Me tooI withdrew my acceptance and I believe I was then removed from the FB group (did this happen to anyone else?) so FB, while definitely not 100% accurate, may be at least a little indicative of something
splovescandles
Full Member
I think it is possible that some people did not join the FB group until after accepting their offer though. Because last week was when people committed, some of the 15 people could just be those who joined FB group late as opposed to all being students pulled from the WL.
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Very true. Either way though, the class size is ~90 and currently there are 181 admits in the group… so let’s see.I think it is possible that some people did not join the FB group until after accepting their offer though. Because last week was when people committed, some of the 15 people could just be those who joined FB group late as opposed to all being students pulled from the WL.
Could it also be some current students who joined to answer questions, mentorship, etc?Very true. Either way though, the class size is ~90 and currently there are 181 admits in the group… so let’s see.
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Potentially? But I deducted the 6 people in the group that are “admins” and those are usually the current students.Could it also be some current students who joined to answer questions, mentorship, etc?
medschool2027
Full Member
so can anyone from inside the Stanford Med Admit Facebook group tell us how many people have gotten off waitlist? Anybody have any facts not guesses about when Stanford is going to start rejecting some people on waitlist? The waiting is hard
allthetwins
New Member
Just to add another data point. Family friend got in off the waitlist, definitely accepting. It was sometime the first week of May. Good luck to everyone, sending accept vibes your way!
splovescandles
Full Member
And that very little hope worked haha! Just got off WL today 🙂
And that very little hope worked haha! Just got off WL today 🙂
+1
tacitus
New Member
Any indication, or are we just spitballing? Heard from a few Stanford students that there's a healthy chunk of admits dropping their offers this yearThoughts on this essentially being the last wave of As through the waitlist?
Definitely spitballing (maybe spiraling with worst case scenario in mind) but generally going off of past years’ trends - doesn’t look like there’s been movement past mid May. Definitely none in June. But I agree! Have heard that there’s a decent number of admits giving up their seats.Any indication, or are we just spitballing? Heard from a few Stanford students that there's a healthy chunk of admits dropping their offers this year
tacitus
New Member
One thing to keep in mind about SDN threads and waitlists is that the actual number of spots given is likely greater for a number of reasonsDefinitely spitballing (maybe spiraling with worst case scenario in mind) but generally going off of past years’ trends - doesn’t look like there’s been movement past mid May. Definitely none in June. But I agree! Have heard that there’s a decent number of admits giving up their seats.
1) Not everyone posts on SDN (obvious one)
but also
2) Many posters end up deleting their posts after a while, likely because they get swarmed with profile stalkers and DMs asking how they got in. I've noticed this in multiple older threads for a lot of schools, there are often posts that reply to a now deleted comment or posts asking about clerkship evaluation policies/entering class groupme links in June/July that absolutely make no sense in an admissions thread unless the person just now got in
Perhaps I'm an optimist to a fault, but that all seems a better barometer
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
greengooseguavajuice
New Member
is anyone else's "waitlist offer" logging you out of your account when you click on it?
1.Can I ask what the 2 additional questions were on the secondaries for the Stanford PSTP program please?
Describe your most significant research experience. Include the rationale, results, and conclusions, and the role you played in each of these components.
Please be very specific, including the dates and amount of time you were engaged; mention publications or presentations that resulted or will result from this work. Please refer to publications by the last name of first author followed by the year (e.g. Last name, 2020). Full citations of your publications should be included in the “peer-reviewed publications” section of this application.
2. Please describe your motivation for a career as a physician scientist, and how the Physician Scientist Training Program will enable you to reach your career goals.
Regarding characters I think they were 2500 or 3000? Someone please correct me on that.
curvedstand
New Member
Wait what did this button previously do? I was waitlisted via email and never bothered checking the portal after the fact.is anyone else's "waitlist offer" logging you out of your account when you click on it?
tacitus
New Member
This was where you clicked accept or decline for the waitlist offerWait what did this button previously do? I was waitlisted via email and never bothered checking the portal after the fact.
Yes, just tried it and it's the same for me toois anyone else's "waitlist offer" logging you out of your account when you click on it?