You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2022-2023 Stanford
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interviewed 1/25 and it’s gone for me tooInterviewed late Jan and update button is gone
blissfullylucid
Full Member
Heard from a rumor that Stanfords MMI scoring that they drop the lowest station, is that true or is it an avg of stations or just no information on this out there
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
youprobablyknowwho
Full Member
My button just went away, Jan 6 interview. Anyone else wanna share how long from button disappearance to decision lolIt was earlier than 1/11 — and for what it’s worth, the update button disappeared from my portal 4-5 days before the decision but that could vary
Last year, there was someone who had their button disappear weeks before receiving their acceptance, so YMMV.
This is purely speculation, but the review process might go like this:
1. Admissions reviews our files semi-chronologically or according to their own scoring criteria
2. The update button disappears once they start reviewing the file
3. They place us on the staircase analogy -> if you are a very strong candidate, they accept quicker; if you are a candidate who needs further consideration, they compare you with later candidates (hence the different lengths between button disappearance to decision)
4. We either get A, WL, or R
Again, this is purely a guess, so take it with a grain of salt
This is purely speculation, but the review process might go like this:
1. Admissions reviews our files semi-chronologically or according to their own scoring criteria
2. The update button disappears once they start reviewing the file
3. They place us on the staircase analogy -> if you are a very strong candidate, they accept quicker; if you are a candidate who needs further consideration, they compare you with later candidates (hence the different lengths between button disappearance to decision)
4. We either get A, WL, or R
Again, this is purely a guess, so take it with a grain of salt
Last edited:
youprobablyknowwho
Full Member
Reading through the forum there’s a pattern of people talking about their buttons going away and then a wave of decisions, but it’s hard to track how closely they correlate for individuals.
Also I know this is so silly to try to read the tea leaves on lol but hey what else can we do
Also I know this is so silly to try to read the tea leaves on lol but hey what else can we do
cocoisloco10
Full Member
Hoping for some more decisions to roll-out today 🙂
youprobablyknowwho
Full Member
I was so sure we’d hear today lol 😭Hoping for some more decisions to roll-out today 🙂
Anyone have any idea if a published abstract (+ its subsequent submitted co-first author paper, but that hasn't been accepted yet?) + a new leadership position is worth sending an update letter for? I mentioned these in the interview but keep going back & forth on whether we're supposed to upload this on the portal also... any guidance would be so so appreciated as my 2 week window is running out. Tysm!!
themagictaco
Full Member
I would go for it!!! I don't think it could harm you only helpAnyone have any idea if a published abstract (+ its subsequent submitted co-first author paper, but that hasn't been accepted yet?) + a new leadership position is worth sending an update letter for? I mentioned these in the interview but keep going back & forth on whether we're supposed to upload this on the portal also... any guidance would be so so appreciated as my 2 week window is running out. Tysm!!
Thank you sm magic taco!!!I would go for it!!! I don't think it could harm you only help
cocoisloco10
Full Member
Did you get post-II waitlist news today?Does Stanford sent post-II rejections or do they only send waitlists? I want to figure out if the waitlist means anything.
Nope. I was notified last Monday.Did you get post-II waitlist news today?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
splovescandles
Full Member
I received WL last Monday too. And I feel like Stanford basically waitlists everyone, very few people report being rejected.Does Stanford sent post-II rejections or do they only send waitlists? I want to figure out if the waitlist means anything.
Update button gone 1/11 interview
Alhamdullilah I got in🙂 call at 3 that I missed
D
deleted1147443
+1 so grateful!Alhamdullilah I got in🙂 call at 3 that I missed
Last edited by a moderator:
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Any PSTPers from early January hear anything??
wack_barbie
Full Member
Interviewed 1/25, update tab still there, no news yetOOS II today around midnight. Submitted early august, BCPM 3.96, ogpa 3.90, MCAT 519, current PhD student
That's what happened to me after I got rejected. Did you check your spamhas anyone just been ghosted my them (pre-int),,, I think they locked me out of my applicant portal LMAO my login doesn't work and my reset password email never shows up in my inbox :,) really nice 🙂))))
gregmandel
Full Member
any idea when mstp decisions are released?
cocoisloco10
Full Member
Interviewed 1/25 and waitlisted
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Does anyone know if Stanford is receptive to a Letter of Intent? or bc its such a top school they dont even look at them
themagictaco
Full Member
Have heard they don't like/are indiff but this comes from word of mouth. idk if Admissions committee has ever said official stanceDoes anyone know if Stanford is receptive to a Letter of Intent? or bc its such a top school they dont even look at them
D
deleted1141024
I think they only want/accept the 3 update criteria in the update tab before making a decision. I think if you have heard back and are on the WL it probably doesn't hurt.Have heard they don't like/are indiff but this comes from word of mouth. idk if Admissions committee has ever said official stance
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted 5pm EST, Interviewed 9/9, PSTP Applicant 🙁, was sort of expecting this after waiting for so long
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Waitlisted today as well. Interviewed early January, PSTP as well. Incredibly sad 😔
For those waitlisted, did you get a call or was it an email? Also, there might still be a chance!Waitlisted 5pm EST, Interviewed 9/9, PSTP Applicant 🙁, was sort of expecting this after waiting for so long
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
For those waitlisted, did you get a call or was it an email? Also, there might still be a chance!
wack_barbie
Full Member
Accepted by phone call and email today. Interviewed 1/25OOS II today around midnight. Submitted early august, BCPM 3.96, ogpa 3.90, MCAT 519, current PhD student
FutureMD2.0
Full Member
+1 waitlist for PSTP. It was was my worst interview, so disappointed but not really surprised
wack_barbie
Full Member
Don’t know exactly, but I had checked it last Saturday, and there was no changeCongrats y'all!
Did any of you happen to know when your interview update tab disappeared?
D
deleted1141024
When do we think the last set of decisions are coming out for February interviewers?
pleaseacceptme1
Full Member
Group poll: realistic probability of getting accepted off the waitlist? 2%? Even less?
Assuming anyone not accepted got waitlisted (based on trend history)
Assuming anyone not accepted got waitlisted (based on trend history)
Last edited:
D
deleted1141024
Post-Interview Button is gone! Interviewed early Feb
Yeah, also don't know exactly because I didn't check the portal that frequently, but I think my interview update tab disappeared less than 1 week before I got the call 🙂Congrats y'all!
Did any of you happen to know when your interview update tab disappeared?
BTW, was wondering if anyone could speak to the clinical training at Stanford? I have heard some rumors that the clinical education is not as much a strength when compared to peer institutions (although this was heavily rebutted during the interview day), but was wondering if anyone had concrete thoughts about this (what are clerkships like compared to other schools? are they true pass/fail? how have STEP scores been in the past few years?)
D
deleted1141024
Just got placed on the WL best of luck to everyone else!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doubledoc712
Full Member
Interviewed early Feb and post interview tab is still there. this wait is killing me
medschool2027
Full Member
Do we think they are done with acceptances ?
blissfullylucid
Full Member
Same. after getting slaughtered last week by HMS and others, I'm a shell of an applicant. Would be a happy surprise but not banking on it.Interviewed early Feb and post interview tab is still there. this wait is killing me
codenamebxboy
New Member
Anyone who has been accepted at Stanford having issues uploading financial aid documents to the AXESS portal? When I try to fill out the supplementary financial aid application I get all these errors in the AXESS Portal.
Anyone who has been accepted at Stanford having issues uploading financial aid documents to the AXESS portal? When I try to fill out the supplementary financial aid application I get all these errors in the AXESS Portal.
I did too! Had to email fin aid my docs and they accepted them