2022-2023 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed late Jan and update button is gone

Members don't see this ad.

Heard from a rumor that Stanfords MMI scoring that they drop the lowest station, is that true or is it an avg of stations or just no information on this out there

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It was earlier than 1/11 — and for what it’s worth, the update button disappeared from my portal 4-5 days before the decision but that could vary
My button just went away, Jan 6 interview. Anyone else wanna share how long from button disappearance to decision lol

Last year, there was someone who had their button disappear weeks before receiving their acceptance, so YMMV.

This is purely speculation, but the review process might go like this:

1. Admissions reviews our files semi-chronologically or according to their own scoring criteria
2. The update button disappears once they start reviewing the file
3. They place us on the staircase analogy -> if you are a very strong candidate, they accept quicker; if you are a candidate who needs further consideration, they compare you with later candidates (hence the different lengths between button disappearance to decision)
4. We either get A, WL, or R

Again, this is purely a guess, so take it with a grain of salt

Last edited:
Reading through the forum there’s a pattern of people talking about their buttons going away and then a wave of decisions, but it’s hard to track how closely they correlate for individuals.

Also I know this is so silly to try to read the tea leaves on lol but hey what else can we do

Anyone have any idea if a published abstract (+ its subsequent submitted co-first author paper, but that hasn't been accepted yet?) + a new leadership position is worth sending an update letter for? I mentioned these in the interview but keep going back & forth on whether we're supposed to upload this on the portal also... any guidance would be so so appreciated as my 2 week window is running out. Tysm!!

Anyone have any idea if a published abstract (+ its subsequent submitted co-first author paper, but that hasn't been accepted yet?) + a new leadership position is worth sending an update letter for? I mentioned these in the interview but keep going back & forth on whether we're supposed to upload this on the portal also... any guidance would be so so appreciated as my 2 week window is running out. Tysm!!
I would go for it!!! I don't think it could harm you only help

Does Stanford sent post-II rejections or do they only send waitlists? I want to figure out if the waitlist means anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Stanford sent post-II rejections or do they only send waitlists? I want to figure out if the waitlist means anything.
I received WL last Monday too. And I feel like Stanford basically waitlists everyone, very few people report being rejected.

WL came in 30 minutes ago. Interviewed 1/25

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
has anyone just been ghosted my them (pre-int),,, I think they locked me out of my applicant portal LMAO my login doesn't work and my reset password email never shows up in my inbox :,) really nice :)))))

has anyone just been ghosted my them (pre-int),,, I think they locked me out of my applicant portal LMAO my login doesn't work and my reset password email never shows up in my inbox :,) really nice :)))))
That's what happened to me after I got rejected. Did you check your spam

Does anyone know if Stanford is receptive to a Letter of Intent? or bc its such a top school they dont even look at them

Does anyone know if Stanford is receptive to a Letter of Intent? or bc its such a top school they dont even look at them
Have heard they don't like/are indiff but this comes from word of mouth. idk if Admissions committee has ever said official stance

Have heard they don't like/are indiff but this comes from word of mouth. idk if Admissions committee has ever said official stance
I think they only want/accept the 3 update criteria in the update tab before making a decision. I think if you have heard back and are on the WL it probably doesn't hurt.

Waitlisted 5pm EST, Interviewed 9/9, PSTP Applicant :(, was sort of expecting this after waiting for so long

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Waitlisted today as well. Interviewed early January, PSTP as well. Incredibly sad 😔

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
+1 waitlist for PSTP. It was was my worst interview, so disappointed but not really surprised

Congrats y'all!

Did any of you happen to know when your interview update tab disappeared?
Don’t know exactly, but I had checked it last Saturday, and there was no change

When do we think the last set of decisions are coming out for February interviewers?

Group poll: realistic probability of getting accepted off the waitlist? 2%? Even less?

Assuming anyone not accepted got waitlisted (based on trend history)

Last edited:
Congrats y'all!

Did any of you happen to know when your interview update tab disappeared?
Yeah, also don't know exactly because I didn't check the portal that frequently, but I think my interview update tab disappeared less than 1 week before I got the call :)

BTW, was wondering if anyone could speak to the clinical training at Stanford? I have heard some rumors that the clinical education is not as much a strength when compared to peer institutions (although this was heavily rebutted during the interview day), but was wondering if anyone had concrete thoughts about this (what are clerkships like compared to other schools? are they true pass/fail? how have STEP scores been in the past few years?)

Reactions: 1 users
Just got placed on the WL best of luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
On my 4th WL-streak just now, interviewed early Feb. Bummed now lol

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
+1 :’) Glad to hear back though, the wait is killer. GL to everyone else!

Interviewed early Feb and post interview tab is still there. this wait is killing me

Anyone who has been accepted at Stanford having issues uploading financial aid documents to the AXESS portal? When I try to fill out the supplementary financial aid application I get all these errors in the AXESS Portal.

Anyone who has been accepted at Stanford having issues uploading financial aid documents to the AXESS portal? When I try to fill out the supplementary financial aid application I get all these errors in the AXESS Portal.

I did too! Had to email fin aid my docs and they accepted them